brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

BioFuel Shake-Up

Go down 
+7
timmm
Tallulah
Blue Seagull
kiteman
osg
jj123vw
TimV
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
timmm

timmm

Cabin : Business

BioFuel Shake-Up - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BioFuel Shake-Up   BioFuel Shake-Up - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 28, 2014 12:02 pm

mines 2011, it just gets whatever pump I pull up at put in to it at the time.
I thought that as it is a modernish watercooled, that would be fine.
ive had no issues yet and it seems quite good with the mpg as well.

________________________________________________________________________________
Timmm
Back to top Go down
http://www.standrewsmotors.co.uk
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: BioFuel Shake-Up   BioFuel Shake-Up - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 28, 2014 12:54 pm

Both Aircooled AND Watercooled run fine on 95 RON unleaded. I'd expect no improvement in performance by putting 97 RON Superunleaded in the tank of a Watercooled but my Aircooled does 'seem' to run better on it. Could just be a placebo effect.

I do have to run my 911 on Superunleaded. Tis the law.

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

BioFuel Shake-Up - Page 2 Melogo11
Back to top Go down
dizzylizard

dizzylizard

Cabin : Exec 018

PostSubject: Re: BioFuel Shake-Up   BioFuel Shake-Up - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 28, 2014 2:57 pm

Thought I'd have a look at what the petrol was like after a couple of years in the starter tank (this is with fuel preserver added when I replaced it last time)

There is a bit of colour difference compared with the fresh petrol on the left, but seeing as Ethanol isn't available here, I don't suppose it matters that much, as it's not going to be used.

BioFuel Shake-Up - Page 2 Imgp2032
Back to top Go down
osg

osg

Cabin : Exec 015

PostSubject: Re: BioFuel Shake-Up   BioFuel Shake-Up - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 28, 2014 4:05 pm

The jar on the right looks very much like the situation when I first syphoned off the small tank. Perhaps the original factory fill included both petrol and fuel preserver. This would make sense if the expectation was that the small tank was likely to remain full and un-used.
osg
Back to top Go down
RayC

RayC

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: BioFuel Shake-Up   BioFuel Shake-Up - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 4:24 am

not wanting to hijack the thread but Danbury told me not to use super unleaded when we picked our camper up just regular unleaded

also some fuels are different colours you will find this if you fill up jerry cans from different stations eg texaco vs shell, some are even nearly red or green
Back to top Go down
http://treadltd@gmail.com
Sunny

Sunny

Cabin : Exec 050

PostSubject: Re: BioFuel Shake-Up   BioFuel Shake-Up - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 8:55 am

RayC wrote:
not wanting to hijack the thread but Danbury told me not to use super unleaded when we picked our camper up just regular unleaded
Yes, I heard this but I don't know why. Super unleaded should be fine in all engines. What is so special about ours that makes them unsuitable? More interestingly, what dressing it do?
Back to top Go down
osg

osg

Cabin : Exec 015

PostSubject: Re: BioFuel Shake-Up   BioFuel Shake-Up - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 2:14 pm

RayC said

Quote :
Danbury told me not to use super unleaded when we picked our camper up just regular unleaded

We have always gone along with the use of regular petrol to fit in with that advice for the main tank.
For the small tank we put in Alkylate petrol on the assumptions that
1) none would ever be used
2) by filling the tank it would help to stop rust and
3) because it lasts better it would perhaps work better if there ever was emergency call on that tank.

osg

Back to top Go down
timmm

timmm

Cabin : Business

PostSubject: Re: BioFuel Shake-Up   BioFuel Shake-Up - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 1:06 pm

I thought our 2011 aqua bay just has a 'normal' 1.4 polo fox engine in it.

Is this the case? as if so, wouldn't you just treat it as a normal 2011 plate engine would expected to be treat re fuel etc?

Timmm
Back to top Go down
http://www.standrewsmotors.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BioFuel Shake-Up   BioFuel Shake-Up - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

BioFuel Shake-Up
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
brazilianvwbay.com :: The Usual Stuff :: General Discussion-
Jump to: