brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Insurance - van model ??

Go down 
+4
kiteman
jboa
TimV
dean&jo
8 posters
AuthorMessage
dean&jo

dean&jo

Cabin : Economy

Insurance - van model ?? Empty
PostSubject: Insurance - van model ??   Insurance - van model ?? EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 9:27 pm

Im on comparison sites to get a quote, but they arent picking up the model from the registration.
What model shall I put the van as ??

How do your vans appear on your insurance policies?

Thanks in advance

Dean
Back to top Go down
http://www.beetleburner.weebly.com
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: Insurance - van model ??   Insurance - van model ?? EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 10:01 pm

It's unlikely to appear on the majority of insurers drop down menus as the Kombi is not an official Volkswagen in this country. You need to speak direct to the insurers. When I sorted mine out last year both the Just Kampers and the Camping and Caravanning Club Insurance depts recognised the Brazilian Kombi - but I did have to call them.

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Insurance - van model ?? Melogo11
Back to top Go down
dean&jo

dean&jo

PostSubject: Re: Insurance - van model ??   Insurance - van model ?? EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 10:03 pm

Cheers Tim.
So were JK best on cover and price ?

Ta
Back to top Go down
dean&jo

dean&jo

PostSubject: Re: Insurance - van model ??   Insurance - van model ?? EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 10:04 pm

And does that mean for insurance purposes its an import?
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: Insurance - van model ??   Insurance - van model ?? EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 1:00 am

JK were best for me - their insurance is sorted by Herts (Equity Red Star.) Can't remember if we decided it was an import or not. In reality - it is as it's not an official Volkswagen UK model.

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Insurance - van model ?? Melogo11

Last edited by TimV on Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jboa

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: Insurance - van model ??   Insurance - van model ?? EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 8:21 am

Hi Dean,

We're currently with Insurance choice
but had quotes from
Coversure
Adrian Flux (phone for a quote from them, don't do it on line)
Chaucer
Lifesure

If I remember righ ours is insured as an import
Back to top Go down
kiteman

kiteman

Cabin : Exec 002

PostSubject: Re: Insurance - van model ??   Insurance - van model ?? EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 9:26 am

Got mine from Sureterm. Did most of it online if I rememer, then got a confirmation call from them. Cheapest for me as well.
Back to top Go down
jboa

PostSubject: Re: Insurance - van model ??   Insurance - van model ?? EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 10:03 am

kiteman wrote:
Got mine from Sureterm. Did most of it online if I rememer, then got a confirmation call from them. Cheapest for me as well.

Interesting!
I remember trying Sureterm but at first they wouldn't insure us because our conversion wasn't carried out by Danbury. After we got over that obstacle they then wouldn't insure because the van was being kept on the road!

Needless to say we gave up on them and when else where.
Back to top Go down
Bob

Bob

PostSubject: Re: Insurance - van model ??   Insurance - van model ?? EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 7:33 pm

Insure mine with Safeguard with european breakdown cover for just over £300
www.safeguarduk.co.uk
Back to top Go down
KoLantaKaz

KoLantaKaz

PostSubject: Re: Insurance - van model ??   Insurance - van model ?? EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 3:30 pm

I use Sureterm who have used Equity Redstar. This years premium came to £249.53. Not too bad i thought.

Ko Lanta, the island of my dreams . . . .
Back to top Go down
belgiumbay

belgiumbay

PostSubject: Re: Insurance - van model ??   Insurance - van model ?? EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 4:28 pm

I know our situation is a little different to everyone else because we do not actually live in the UK anymore - but anyway - as we are moving to Azerbaijan in June we need to have a UK based insurance rather than the international insurance we have been using (as expats we can sometimes get insurance that UK residents can not). Well lastw eek I spent almost three hours on the phone trying all the usual Sureterm, footman james, and a few that only deal in classic cars. All for one reason or another could not would not. In the end I tried JK insurnace which is really HIC (last resort as I have issues with JK pretending to have a base in germany as well and then charging for postage from the UK). Anyway that aside JK insurance was completed within 30 minutes is activated and gives me full UK and 90 day euro cover all for 400 pounds ( I am not entitled to UK no claims) for a fully comp with additions and breadkdown.

Ok I have yet to try to claim but just for service over the phone and helpful attitude they get my thumbs up.

BTW compared to Belgium 400 pound for a fully comp is dirt cheap. Insurance in the UK is at least a half the price of europe and if a vehicle is over 5 years old you can only get a 3rd party insurance in Europe.
Back to top Go down
billyelaine

billyelaine

PostSubject: Re: Insurance - van model ??   Insurance - van model ?? EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 6:36 pm

Hi belgiumbay,

Azerbaijan, now that sounds interesting. Keep in touch and let us all know about all your T2 travels. Billy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Insurance - van model ??   Insurance - van model ?? Empty

Back to top Go down

Insurance - van model ??
Page 1 of 1