brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Upgrade to Club

Go down 
+3
kiteman
Matt
TimV
7 posters

Would you want to form a Brazilian VW Bay Club?
Yes
Upgrade to Club I_vote_lcap63%Upgrade to Club I_vote_rcap
 63% [ 12 ]
No
Upgrade to Club I_vote_lcap11%Upgrade to Club I_vote_rcap
 11% [ 2 ]
Let's consider it for the future
Upgrade to Club I_vote_lcap26%Upgrade to Club I_vote_rcap
 26% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 19

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

Upgrade to Club Empty
PostSubject: Upgrade to Club   Upgrade to Club EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 5:20 pm

Further to my message to all members.

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Upgrade to Club Melogo11

Last edited by TimV on Wed May 12, 2010 12:05 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Matt

Matt

Cabin : Club

Upgrade to Club Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upgrade to Club   Upgrade to Club EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 2:42 pm

i think i need a bit more info, how much liability do we need, and how much would that be? My initial feeling is that creating a club is a thing for the future. I like the idea. At the moment we are very small, 40+ members, not all of whom own vans so wouldnt join. Would a very small club be able to arrange discounts with suppliers and insurance? With the forming of a club, what reponsability legally do the committee hold? Can they be held financally liabel? It would be interesting to hear from Jason re the possibility of discounts from Danbury's, as they are the lead company in the Brazilian market in the UK, and wether they would support it.
For now i feel unable to vote, I have no experience of setting up such an organisation,
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Upgrade to Club Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upgrade to Club   Upgrade to Club EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 3:28 pm

Matt wrote:
I have no experience of setting up such an organisation,

That'll make 2 of us then Matt!

I'm deliberately not voting as I want to see how the poll goes without my influence. Many thanks to those of you who have responded and for your pms about the subject.

I think we need to discuss this openly here. Matt has raised some valid points. Sure at the moment we are in our infancy but when you consider the percentage of Brazilian T2s out there versus Splits, Classic Bays and T25s it would be unrealistic for us to expect to have huge numbers immediately. I seem to recall Jason telling me that Danbury have sold 1000 T2s since they started to import them. (Jason if you could give us a more accurate figure that would be great!) So if even a third of those owners joined up it would make it worth it - wouldn't it? Then of course there are those that have come in via VWKampers/VWDownunder.

Just like setting up this forum - creating a club would be new to me. So let's discuss it here - keep the votes coming in - I've set the poll so you can change your mind if you wish. I'll add a 3rd option in - "Let's consider it for the future" if that response fits with you right now.

________________________________________________________________________________
@brazilianvwbay

Upgrade to Club Melogo11
Back to top Go down
Matt

Matt

Upgrade to Club Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upgrade to Club   Upgrade to Club EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 3:53 pm

When speaking to the guy on the Danbury stall at Vanworld i asked how many they had done this year, he said 250
Back to top Go down
kiteman

kiteman

Cabin : Exec 002

Upgrade to Club Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upgrade to Club   Upgrade to Club EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 5:44 pm

Think I have to agree with Matt. Seems a bit early at the moment, even though there are 40+ members to the forum how many would want to join a club.
Can only speak for myself but not really into the club thing, go on the forums for advice and ideas, maybe the odd meet hrere and there.
Back to top Go down
billyelaine

billyelaine

Cabin : Economy

Upgrade to Club Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upgrade to Club   Upgrade to Club EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 7:26 pm

Hi all,

a club is only what you want it to be. If its only a tool to enable the forum to meet/camp together at shows or a show thats all it needs to be.

We already have a group of friends within the VW sceen and are also members of a local club, if you havn't got this however the Brazilian Bay forum/club could be a good place to meet. You only have to put in and take out what you want. Billy Smile
Back to top Go down
Matt

Matt

Upgrade to Club Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upgrade to Club   Upgrade to Club EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 2:22 pm

Tim, i'm not against the club idea, just think that we wouldnt get enough members to cover the insurance (but then i have no idea how much this would be). How much liabillity insurance cover does vanfest say we would need to get a club place?.
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Upgrade to Club Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upgrade to Club   Upgrade to Club EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 3:05 pm

Hi Matt - no probs.

We're just getting people's thoughts at the moment. I've set the poll to run for 30 days. We'll have a look at the response by then and draw whatever conclusion.

I found an article that said a club's basic liability can be as low as 100 quid.

Another idea a mate suggested (thanks Vic) is that if we want to camp somewhere - as a group - and that is the only basis on which we are forming a club - then we could just organise to meet somewhere near to a show/camp and then all enter together thereby being able to pitch as a group. Make sense?!

@brazilianvwbay

Upgrade to Club Melogo11
Back to top Go down
Matt

Matt

Upgrade to Club Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upgrade to Club   Upgrade to Club EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 5:48 pm

Thats alot lower than i expected. If it can be done for that then it is quite fesiable.
Yep, i see what you mean about getting to camp together.
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Upgrade to Club Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upgrade to Club   Upgrade to Club EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 2:12 pm

12 votes so far out of 40 odd members. Not really getting that much interest is it ......

@brazilianvwbay

Upgrade to Club Melogo11
Back to top Go down
olive

olive

Upgrade to Club Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upgrade to Club   Upgrade to Club EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 8:21 pm

TimV wrote:
12 votes so far out of 40 odd members. Not really getting that much interest is it ......

Dont see the point as there are other clubs out there who welcome Brazilians who are well established. This forum is great however, it is new and would suggest walking before running.
Back to top Go down
dazdub

dazdub

Cabin : Exec 012

Upgrade to Club Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upgrade to Club   Upgrade to Club EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 9:01 pm

would be ok if it gets us a parts and insurance discount but think we need more members
Back to top Go down
dean&jo

dean&jo

Upgrade to Club Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upgrade to Club   Upgrade to Club EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 12:26 pm

why not sell a sticker to those who want to camp at vanfest. the sticker cost is the fee to join the club.
then we have club status for the camping, without the stigma (i use that word purposely) of having the (status) of yet another small club ....

i remarked to a friend in the LTV club about 4 years ago that we were then on the cusp of a new age where clubs will be overtaken by on-line forums.
i think i was right.

just my 2 penneth
Back to top Go down
http://www.beetleburner.weebly.com
TimV
Admin
TimV

Upgrade to Club Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upgrade to Club   Upgrade to Club EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 11:12 pm

So where abouts are you Dean and Jo - I'm in Surrey and a member of the LTV Club - we need to get our Bays together for a photo shoot at least?!

@brazilianvwbay

Upgrade to Club Melogo11
Back to top Go down
dean&jo

dean&jo

Upgrade to Club Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upgrade to Club   Upgrade to Club EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 8:42 am

Tim
We are in Leafield, Oxfordshire. I was thinking of coming to the Ace Cafe next month, one of the tuesday evening vw meetings?
Back to top Go down
http://www.beetleburner.weebly.com
TimV
Admin
TimV

Upgrade to Club Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upgrade to Club   Upgrade to Club EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 9:00 am

Think that should be Tuesday 11th? May come along if I can.

@brazilianvwbay

Upgrade to Club Melogo11
Back to top Go down
olive

olive

Upgrade to Club Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upgrade to Club   Upgrade to Club EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 9:30 pm

dean&jo wrote:
Tim
We are in Leafield, Oxfordshire. I was thinking of coming to the Ace Cafe next month, one of the tuesday evening vw meetings?

Hi Dean&Jo, Ace cafe on a Tuesday night sounds fun, put me down for that but just let me know date and time, should take me 45mins to get there dependant on the north circular traffic.
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Upgrade to Club Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upgrade to Club   Upgrade to Club EmptyMon May 03, 2010 11:04 am

Many thanks to everyone who took part in this poll.

So as it stands only 38% of members took part in the vote, which tends to make me think that at this time moving the forum up to a Club would perhaps be a little premature. So let's see how it goes and re-visit this idea at a later stage if it looks like the right way forward.

In the meantime please be involved on the site as much as you can - it's great to hear how everyone uses their Bays and sorts out problems and enhances their Kombi in some way that others would love to see. Also if you see another Brazilian Bay and you get a chance to chat with the owner - ask them if they're on the site - you'd be amazed how many people I bump into who are genuinely happy to hear about the resource.

Here's to the future of the forum cheers

Tim

@brazilianvwbay

Upgrade to Club Melogo11
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Upgrade to Club Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upgrade to Club   Upgrade to Club EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 10:35 pm

An update on this folks.

I am in the process of getting the forum and its members recognised as a club in the Association of British Volkswagen Clubs. For a very reasonable fee we can achieve club status and be covered by their liability insurance enabling us to pitch together at future events such as Vanfest.

I'll keep you posted.

@brazilianvwbay

Upgrade to Club Melogo11
Back to top Go down
Matt

Matt

Upgrade to Club Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upgrade to Club   Upgrade to Club EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 8:29 am

Sounds good,

Matt.

Upgrade to Club Img_2014
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Upgrade to Club Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upgrade to Club   Upgrade to Club Empty

Back to top Go down

Upgrade to Club
Page 1 of 1