brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Sunny Sheffield

Go down 
+5
KC
michel_bonn
Skytiger
Scooby
MarcusH
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MarcusH

MarcusH

Cabin : Exec 031

Sunny Sheffield Empty
PostSubject: Sunny Sheffield   Sunny Sheffield EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 7:09 pm

The Sun is shining bright in Sheffield today
Finally got Betsy insured and taxed and we have been on our first proper run out
Still got plenty to finish inside but will have the alarm, radio and speaker finished by next week
Then I've got to get the headlining, door cards and seats covered
Happy Days

Sunny Sheffield 41807511

Sunny Sheffield 41698211

Sunny Sheffield 42524311

Sunny Sheffield 43236311

Sunny Sheffield 42301611

Last edited by MarcusH on Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

Sunny Sheffield Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunny Sheffield   Sunny Sheffield EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 7:57 pm

Not sure about that lamp fitted to the roof above the door in the last pic Laughing
Rooby Roo
flower

________________________________________________________________________________
Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
MarcusH

MarcusH

Sunny Sheffield Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunny Sheffield   Sunny Sheffield EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 8:08 pm

It's the latest in fashion Scooby - you will all have one by next year
Already had Danbury on the phone asking where I got it from
Back to top Go down
Skytiger

Skytiger

Cabin : Exec 008

Sunny Sheffield Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunny Sheffield   Sunny Sheffield EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 9:19 pm

I like your window winder handles, is that a chrome door escutcheon I spy aswell very bling Cool
Back to top Go down
MarcusH

MarcusH

Sunny Sheffield Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunny Sheffield   Sunny Sheffield EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 10:22 pm

Hi Skytiger
The winders are chrome Wolfsburg edition ones. Look nice but they rattle a bit - need to wrap something round the end to stop it.
Correct on the escutcheons (love that word) Also got inner door handles from MCJ to fit. The Steering Wheel and handbrake handle are also from MCJ - Very impressed with everything I've had from them.
Developed a word this morning while showing someone Betsy - Retrobling. Looking back to to the 70s but with added bling!
Back to top Go down
Skytiger

Skytiger

Cabin : Exec 008

Sunny Sheffield Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunny Sheffield   Sunny Sheffield EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 11:38 pm

I can only find those chrome escutchoens with holes in them not like the original black ones, where did you get yours? I do like the MCJ inner door handles.

Your painted dash looks very cool and I like the dash top in white also(is it painted or recovered).
Back to top Go down
MarcusH

MarcusH

Sunny Sheffield Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunny Sheffield   Sunny Sheffield EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 12:01 am

Im sure they were from Custom & Commercials. I think we had to drill a few holes to get it to fit.

The white part is actually leather. It was done by a local trimmer who we do work for. It was a freebie for us doing some embroidered logos on his Nissan GT which he is doing up. The full leather which he is putting in the Nissan would cost 10 grand. Looks good but not that good.
I wasn't sure when I first saw the white leather but it is definately growing on me. There are a few slight creases around the handle.
Back to top Go down
michel_bonn

michel_bonn

Cabin : Club

Sunny Sheffield Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunny Sheffield   Sunny Sheffield EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 8:24 am

it looks very good. the dashboard witch is painted is very cool. ( dashboard?-coreect word?)
The antenna in front of the car is a thing that i want too on my car. it looks very cool.
i like your car.

________________________________________________________________________________
http://www.t2-c.de
Back to top Go down
http://www.t2-c.de
MarcusH

MarcusH

Sunny Sheffield Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunny Sheffield   Sunny Sheffield EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 11:33 am

Thanks Michel

Yes you have the correct word Dashboard - you can shorten to dash when talking about vehicles if you wanted

The aerial was made in Germany and I got it from ebay - most ones I have seen are just the one fixing point which I suppose means one less hole to drill but I liked the look of it
Back to top Go down
KC

KC

Cabin : Economy

Sunny Sheffield Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunny Sheffield   Sunny Sheffield EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 5:22 pm

I like the script badge on the kitchen unit too - did you drill holes for that, or remove the mounts and glue flat?

I did toy with the idea of putting one of these script badges on the rear of my van (just to really annoy the purists!) but couldn't get one without the 2 mounts, and didn't fancy drilling holes in the van. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
MarcusH

MarcusH

Sunny Sheffield Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunny Sheffield   Sunny Sheffield EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 5:44 pm

Hi KC

Drilled 4 holes in the wood and used a spot of glue in each - seems to be in there for good.

Got 2 but I snapped one trying to straighten it on the first try. Don't know whether to glue together and put somewhere else in the van. Might be overkill though.

Had the idea to get a stick on one to fit on the glovebox lid but not sure yet

I know what you mean about drilling the bodywork - goes through me everytime I do it

Only driven Betsy a few times and had nothing but smiles and questions from people. Haven't encountered any bad feelings from the purists as yet

Marcus
Back to top Go down
KC

KC

Sunny Sheffield Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunny Sheffield   Sunny Sheffield EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 5:53 pm

Hi Marcus - yup,those script badges are brittle...! I did get one, tried to remove the pins so I could work out how to glue it straight on. In trying to carefully remove one pin, managed to snap the thing in half....
Got it back together, but then I couldn't find a decent way to stick it to the bodywork that didn't involve potentially messy glue. So gave up!

I haven't seen any for sale that are sticky-backed - not the original early bay script style. There's a place on ebay selling them as stickers, but they're just flat (like a sticker...!).

Love the front mounted aerial by the way.

You're probably right about the purists - I'm being paranoid!
Back to top Go down
MarcusH

MarcusH

Sunny Sheffield Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunny Sheffield   Sunny Sheffield EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 6:13 pm

I too haven't found the stick on one like mine - don't think they do them. The ones I did see were from Custom & Commercial and more of a handwritten style

I'm going through the stage of seeing something shiney and wanting it in the van. God help me when I get to the meets and see the stall holders.
Back to top Go down
KC

KC

Sunny Sheffield Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunny Sheffield   Sunny Sheffield EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 6:32 pm

I've been going through that stage all winter I think!

Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

Sunny Sheffield Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunny Sheffield   Sunny Sheffield EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 8:21 pm

The purists are starting to turn .... you wait until we get to Volksworld ......

Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Sunny Sheffield Melogo11
Back to top Go down
thesplitsombrero

thesplitsombrero

Sunny Sheffield Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunny Sheffield   Sunny Sheffield EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 8:36 pm

Marcus mate youre doin a grand job Very Happy "Bling it on" pirat
Back to top Go down
MarcusH

MarcusH

Sunny Sheffield Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunny Sheffield   Sunny Sheffield EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 8:48 pm

Gracias Amigo
Back to top Go down
KC

KC

Sunny Sheffield Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunny Sheffield   Sunny Sheffield EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 9:30 am

....the force of the dark-side.....
Back to top Go down
KC

KC

Sunny Sheffield Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunny Sheffield   Sunny Sheffield EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 12:55 pm

Marcus - how easy were the eyelids to fit? Probably a stupid question but....my technical 'nouse' is not something to be proud of!

Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Tallulah

Cabin : Flight 011

Sunny Sheffield Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunny Sheffield   Sunny Sheffield EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 1:11 pm

I fitted eyelids to Tallulah, just undo the two screws holding the headlight surround, position the lids and screw the assembly back on again.

The lids can also be permanently attached using an appropriate adhesive, but there are obvious advantages of being able to remove them when/if required.

www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Twitter: @AlpineGrove
Facebook: facebook.com/alpinegrovetouringpark
                                                      Former owners of the amazing Tallulah (2011 to 2021)
Proud winners of Spikes Trophy, 2016.
Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
http://www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
TimV
Admin
TimV

Sunny Sheffield Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunny Sheffield   Sunny Sheffield EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 1:14 pm

Don't the eyelids restrict the beam of the headlights?

The output of the single lamps is poor at the best of times .....

@brazilianvwbay

Sunny Sheffield Melogo11
Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Tallulah

Cabin : Flight 011

Sunny Sheffield Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunny Sheffield   Sunny Sheffield EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 1:30 pm

Technically speaking I imagine they do although generally the beam is aimed down and sideways and not up where the 'lid' is.

In practice we haven't noticed any difference although to be honest we rarely drive at night in any case.

www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Twitter: @AlpineGrove
Facebook: facebook.com/alpinegrovetouringpark
                                                      Former owners of the amazing Tallulah (2011 to 2021)
Proud winners of Spikes Trophy, 2016.
Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
http://www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
TimV
Admin
TimV

Sunny Sheffield Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunny Sheffield   Sunny Sheffield EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 1:36 pm

But it ought to reduce the amount of light when using Main Beam.

I'm not a fan, I know lots are.

@brazilianvwbay

Sunny Sheffield Melogo11
Back to top Go down
KC

KC

Sunny Sheffield Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunny Sheffield   Sunny Sheffield EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 1:36 pm

Good news! An easy job that I can do....

Restricting the beam could be an issue on full-beam I suppose, although we probably drive at night very rarely.
Back to top Go down
KC

KC

Sunny Sheffield Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunny Sheffield   Sunny Sheffield EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 1:38 pm

Tim, you're right the light would be compromised at full-beam.

I wasn't sure about them for a while, but have found myself drawn to them recently! I'll trial a set, and see how I get on..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sunny Sheffield Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunny Sheffield   Sunny Sheffield Empty

Back to top Go down

Sunny Sheffield
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next