brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

thanks for all your information today at Sandown

Go down 
+8
Scooby
Skytiger
pastymaster
NorthPoles
dazdub
kiteman
TimV
lynnand steve
12 posters
AuthorMessage
lynnand steve

lynnand steve

Cabin : Economy

thanks for all your information today at Sandown Empty
PostSubject: thanks for all your information today at Sandown   thanks for all your information today at Sandown EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 8:40 pm

Hi Steve (Ginger ) finally worked out how to add a comment, thanks for all your help and advice today, it was really appreciated.
We bought our campervan privately last May and so wished we had found you at the beginning. This is our story!!
I have always wanted a campervan but never really thought it would happen.
My previous car was a bright pink mazda mx5 and when going to our holiday home in France, Hubby Steve was left with it and after several occasions of driving it and getting very embarassed he said enough is enough and he was going to get me a practical car.......
Well my practical car and his were very different ... but i won the fight.
On the Monday Bank Holiday in May I found 'Scooby', 57 plate Danbury Campervan , full leather , fridge, cooker etc... advertised on Auto trader.
The price was right, the spec, but no pics, so i asked the guy to email me some, it was love at first sight for me but I knew I would have a fight on my hands with Steve as it was a lime green colour with bright flowers everywhere. It really is a Scooby Doo car.
After promises of taking the flowers off we went to South Wales to buy it.
Deal was done and then the fun began. The drive home was an experience - i thought what have I done.
We got 'Scooby' looked at as I thought there was a problem with the steering.
We called Danbury, but they were very unhelpful and didnt want to know - we wanted to add power steering and rack and pinion, asked if we could drive some of theirs to see what we wanted and they told us they have no stock of rack and pinion and the test drives were only for people wanting to buy.
Then we found Angus 'The VW Camper Company Ltd ' in Banbury - he was amazing, he did the power steering and rack and pinion. I had the confidence to take Scooby on his first trip to France.
We also added a tow bar, got the windows tinted ,roof rack , personal plate and added fusch alloys.
We wanted a side step and did buy one of Danbury as couldnt find one that fitted, to be fair they were more helpful this time.
Scooby was then winterised.
This year we have had him lowered by Ashley 'berkshirebugs' he is more local to us and very very helpful, also Mark at madmatz.org used our camper as a template for mats - again topclass service , very impressed and love the look of Scooby.
Mark told me about you guys and we registered a few days ago, hunted you down today and thankyou for being so friendly.
We are justing checking dates and hope to meet up with you in June at the campsite in Banbury.
PS The flowers are still on and they are staying

thanks for all your information today at Sandown Scooby10
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: thanks for all your information today at Sandown   thanks for all your information today at Sandown EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 10:37 pm

Sorry I didn't get to meet you today but I look forward to doing so in the near future. Hope you enjoyed the show.

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

thanks for all your information today at Sandown Melogo11
Back to top Go down
kiteman

kiteman

Cabin : Exec 002

PostSubject: Re: thanks for all your information today at Sandown   thanks for all your information today at Sandown EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 8:22 am

Welcome Lynn and Steve. Was good to catch up at Volkworld. Hope you didn't spend too much at the show.
Hopefully see you at the sleepover.

________________________________________________________________________________
thanks for all your information today at Sandown Img_4810

Ginger man without a ginger van  sunny
Back to top Go down
dazdub

dazdub

Cabin : Exec 012

PostSubject: Re: thanks for all your information today at Sandown   thanks for all your information today at Sandown EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 8:45 am

hi & welcome nice bay Smile
Back to top Go down
NorthPoles

NorthPoles

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: thanks for all your information today at Sandown   thanks for all your information today at Sandown EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 3:17 pm

Welcome to the forum, guys! Nice bus! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.retro-holidays-camper-hire.co.uk
pastymaster

pastymaster

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: thanks for all your information today at Sandown   thanks for all your information today at Sandown EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 3:34 pm

Hello there and welcome along Very Happy

pastymaster

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/pastymaster
Skytiger

Skytiger

Cabin : Exec 008

PostSubject: Re: thanks for all your information today at Sandown   thanks for all your information today at Sandown EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 5:17 pm

Hello and welcome, your bus is looking good Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

PostSubject: Re: thanks for all your information today at Sandown   thanks for all your information today at Sandown EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 7:45 pm

Hi Lynn & Steve
It was good to have a brief chat with you yesterday
Scooby to Scooby so to speak!
Hope to see you at an event soon - especially at the Kombi Sleepover - it will be FAB
All the best
Rooby Roo
flower

Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
Batman

Batman

Cabin : Exec 072

PostSubject: Re: thanks for all your information today at Sandown   thanks for all your information today at Sandown EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 11:56 pm

Hi Lynn and Steve
Great looking Kombi - Flowers are sooo in keeping with the whole feel of the van
Cheers - Batty
Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

Cabin : Exec 013

PostSubject: Re: thanks for all your information today at Sandown   thanks for all your information today at Sandown EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 8:55 am

Hi and welcome.

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder

Blog: C13MPR

Finalist in the Caravan Club Caravanner of the Year Competition 2016

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
http://www.c13mpr.com
Tallulah

Tallulah

Cabin : Flight 011

PostSubject: Re: thanks for all your information today at Sandown   thanks for all your information today at Sandown EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 11:15 am

Hi Lynn & Steve - think we saw you briefly at the show in the capable hands of Kiteman, ours was the other orange beauty on display that day, hope to see you soon.

www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Twitter: @AlpineGrove
Facebook: facebook.com/alpinegrovetouringpark
                                                      Former owners of the amazing Tallulah (2011 to 2021)
Proud winners of Spikes Trophy, 2016.
Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
http://www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
lynnand steve

lynnand steve

Cabin : Economy

PostSubject: Re: thanks for all your information today at Sandown   thanks for all your information today at Sandown EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 9:35 pm

Thanks for all your comments, looking forward to meeting up with you in June.
Scooby is loaded up now ready for another trip to France tomorrow , I wonder how many people will stop me at the port and ask to take a picture and have a look inside !!!
Back to top Go down
kiteman

kiteman

Cabin : Exec 002

PostSubject: Re: thanks for all your information today at Sandown   thanks for all your information today at Sandown EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 9:40 pm

Have a good trip. sunny

thanks for all your information today at Sandown Img_4810

Ginger man without a ginger van  sunny
Back to top Go down
dizzylizard

dizzylizard

Cabin : Exec 018

PostSubject: Re: thanks for all your information today at Sandown   thanks for all your information today at Sandown EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 9:44 pm

Hi and welcome from another 'green'. Have a good trip tomorrow. Laughing

Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional    
Very Happy                           thanks for all your information today at Sandown Signat11
Back to top Go down
Batman

Batman

Cabin : Exec 072

PostSubject: Re: thanks for all your information today at Sandown   thanks for all your information today at Sandown EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 9:48 pm

Bon Voyage! sunny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: thanks for all your information today at Sandown   thanks for all your information today at Sandown Empty

Back to top Go down

thanks for all your information today at Sandown
Page 1 of 1