brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

I'm driving an AquaBay at the moment

Go down 
+2
Skytiger
TimV
6 posters
AuthorMessage
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

I'm driving an AquaBay at the moment Empty
PostSubject: I'm driving an AquaBay at the moment   I'm driving an AquaBay at the moment EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 10:23 pm

A mate has asked me to sell his AquaBay for him as he's an exceptionally busy builder chap. So at the moment I'm driving around in a fab BraziBay that in our household we've affectionately named Kosmic. Why? Because the colour is very similar to Cosmic Green of the '98 - '05 era of New Beetle.

Here's Kosmic up on Epsom Downs by the racecourse today:
I'm driving an AquaBay at the moment Kosmic10

He's a fully loaded chap: lowered, Fuchs replicas, towbar, tints, Diamond layout, cream leather piped in green, rear parking sensors, etc but the bit I have to say I'm loving - it's got the Direct Drive and PAS kit. Driving this Kombi is effortless.

Kosmic has covered just 7000 miles since March 2011 and will be up for sale very soon.

Max is getting jealous.

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

I'm driving an AquaBay at the moment Melogo11
Back to top Go down
Skytiger

Skytiger

Cabin : Exec 008

PostSubject: Re: I'm driving an AquaBay at the moment   I'm driving an AquaBay at the moment EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 10:37 pm

Oh...looks like you might enjoy stepping over to the (dark) watery side Wink

The bus looks good though!
Back to top Go down
dizzylizard

dizzylizard

Cabin : Exec 018

PostSubject: Re: I'm driving an AquaBay at the moment   I'm driving an AquaBay at the moment EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 10:39 pm

Your friend obviously has good taste, Tim. Nice colour! Very Happy Very Happy

________________________________________________________________________________
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional    
Very Happy                           I'm driving an AquaBay at the moment Signat11
Back to top Go down
michel_bonn

michel_bonn

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: I'm driving an AquaBay at the moment   I'm driving an AquaBay at the moment EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 4:03 am

there is no "knatter knatter" voice in the back from the car. it looks good. but for you is the red one better ;-)

http://www.t2-c.de
Back to top Go down
http://www.t2-c.de
Scooby

Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

PostSubject: Re: I'm driving an AquaBay at the moment   I'm driving an AquaBay at the moment EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 8:06 am

So Tim are you tempted to 'gift' Max PAS and Direct Drive? Laughing

Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: I'm driving an AquaBay at the moment   I'm driving an AquaBay at the moment EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 8:10 am

There's no money in the pot Scoobs - so no.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

PostSubject: Re: I'm driving an AquaBay at the moment   I'm driving an AquaBay at the moment EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 8:20 am

Oh well - make the most of cruising around in the Aqua Bay for a little longer Cool

Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: I'm driving an AquaBay at the moment   I'm driving an AquaBay at the moment EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 8:28 am

Scooby wrote:
Oh well - make the most of cruising around in the Aqua Bay for a little longer Cool

Yep - not my colour either! Although it is really sharp looking.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: I'm driving an AquaBay at the moment   I'm driving an AquaBay at the moment EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 8:35 am

One thing I will say though .... what a racket that roof rack makes when you're at speed. Couldn't live with that.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

Cabin : Exec 013

PostSubject: Re: I'm driving an AquaBay at the moment   I'm driving an AquaBay at the moment EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 8:43 am

What a great colour! - you sure that's not Absinthe!

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder

Blog: C13MPR

Finalist in the Caravan Club Caravanner of the Year Competition 2016

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
http://www.c13mpr.com
dizzylizard

dizzylizard

Cabin : Exec 018

PostSubject: Re: I'm driving an AquaBay at the moment   I'm driving an AquaBay at the moment EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 8:52 am

Is that the same one you had a few weeks back Tim? I seem to recall you mentioned then that you had a flat spot at the top end of the revs, the same as Dizzy, which is a pain on the motorway at 70 when overtaking lorries, and you suddenly get no extra umph.

It would be interesting to find out if this is a general problem with Aquas. It feels a bit like a limiter, but so far I haven't been able to find out for sure.
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: I'm driving an AquaBay at the moment   I'm driving an AquaBay at the moment EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 9:23 am

Yes Dizzy - I picked it up before going on holiday for a couple of weeks. I've discussed this with irishman, who reckons his '08 doesn't have a limiter, so it could be something that's been introduced over the last couple of model years.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

PostSubject: Re: I'm driving an AquaBay at the moment   I'm driving an AquaBay at the moment EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 9:27 am

Not experienced any noise problems with the rack on Scooby (albeit a different type)
Maybe there needs to be some 'tightening' of bolts on that bowed rack Tim Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: I'm driving an AquaBay at the moment   I'm driving an AquaBay at the moment EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 9:29 am

I think it's to do with the shape Scoobs.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

Cabin : Exec 013

PostSubject: Re: I'm driving an AquaBay at the moment   I'm driving an AquaBay at the moment EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 9:40 am

As I've not been in a Bay without a rack I've got nothing to gauge it with but I don't feel that mine is excessively noisy and it's the same shape.

Having said that all racks give off some noise - even the roofbars on my Disco make a big difference when I have them on.

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder

Blog: C13MPR

Finalist in the Caravan Club Caravanner of the Year Competition 2016

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
http://www.c13mpr.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm driving an AquaBay at the moment   I'm driving an AquaBay at the moment Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm driving an AquaBay at the moment
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
brazilianvwbay.com :: The Usual Stuff :: General Discussion-
Jump to: