brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Big Bang - what else could go wrong?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
JLS 62

JLS 62

Cabin : Club
Location : Leicester - the centre of the world - sorry England

Big Bang - what else could go wrong? Empty
PostSubject: Big Bang - what else could go wrong?   Big Bang - what else could go wrong? EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 9:16 pm

A 40 mile trip to Big Bang - something which my 4 year old had been looking forward to since last year's event. What could go wrong ??
Weather forecast for w/e checked. Sunday a right off, Saturday grey cloud - what could go wrong? 10 miles from Leicester the rain started, another 20 miles and it was now pouring and my windscreen wiper - the one on the right - stops working !! Obviously the nut had worked loose but it was now pouring and it was the A14 with nowhere to stop. Got to Big Bang on 1 windscreen wiper and decided that coffee and bacon sandwiches were in order. Put the grill on and smoke started to billow from the grill - then flames !! Soon put out - on our previous outing one of my two monkeys had obviously dropped something into the grill which had caught light. Tightened the nut and then spent 3 hours in the wind and rain. No racing on the strip - all cancelled !! And then the journey home . Most of the car parks had now turned into a scene from Glastonbury and there were vehicles stuck in the mud - luckily I got our van out - but on the way home the van developed a juddering. All in all a pretty rum day !!
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: Big Bang - what else could go wrong?   Big Bang - what else could go wrong? EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 9:52 pm

We all have days like that no and then JLS. It's character building.

Our grille caught alight the first time we used it to make toast. One of the previous owners' kids had dropped a plastic toy down the centre - it melted, caught alight and proceeded to drip flames down into the grill pan. I had to burn it all out at home whilst sat with fire extinguisher in hand.

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Big Bang - what else could go wrong? Melogo11
Back to top Go down
Sunny

Sunny

Cabin : Exec 050

PostSubject: Re: Big Bang - what else could go wrong?   Big Bang - what else could go wrong? EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 7:12 am

JLS 62, seeing as you picked me up for my geography, I'm going to suggest your use of "rum" might have been misplaced, as it's slang to mean strange, odd or peculiar. Perhaps, given your day, "duff" might've been better. Razz

Sorry to hear about it though. Those sort of days are never much fun.
Back to top Go down
dazdub

dazdub

Cabin : Exec 012

PostSubject: Re: Big Bang - what else could go wrong?   Big Bang - what else could go wrong? EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 8:24 am

shame the pod normaly has lots of sun. I have seen pics of big bang looked bad Sad
Back to top Go down
JLS 62

JLS 62

PostSubject: Re: Big Bang - what else could go wrong?   Big Bang - what else could go wrong? EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 8:25 am

Touche - lostlogik.

Yes, perhaps duff would be better, along with crap, horrible, awful, miserable and (Tim) character building - although at the age of 50 I tihnk my character is pretty much 'built'

Good luck for 23.5.12

Last edited by JLS 62 on Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JLS 62

JLS 62

PostSubject: Re: Big Bang - what else could go wrong?   Big Bang - what else could go wrong? EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 8:31 am

Hey Daz dub - looks bad was an understatement - the forecast and today's weather is so bad that we have already abandoned our visit to Stanford Hall next Sunday - our 'home' show and THE best 1 day show without doubt. The chances of the ground drying out by Sunday are slim and the thought of dragging the radio flyer in an inch of mud isn't appealing. We shall be heading north to visit friends !!
Back to top Go down
dazdub

dazdub

Cabin : Exec 012

PostSubject: Re: Big Bang - what else could go wrong?   Big Bang - what else could go wrong? EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 8:38 am

JLS 62 wrote:
Hey Daz dub - looks bad was an understatement - the forecast and today's weather is so bad that we have already abandoned our visit to Stanford Hall next Sunday - our 'home' show and THE best 1 day show without doubt. The chances of the ground drying out by Sunday are slim and the thought of dragging the radio flyer in an inch of mud isn't appealing. We shall be heading north to visit friends !!
its a bit cold by us in north Wales and a bit wet and windy but not that bad
Back to top Go down
JLS 62

JLS 62

PostSubject: Re: Big Bang - what else could go wrong?   Big Bang - what else could go wrong? EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 9:07 am

Big bang cancelled today and evreyone told to leave site as soon as possible !!

It is heaving it down here and has been for hours !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Big Bang - what else could go wrong?   Big Bang - what else could go wrong? Empty

Back to top Go down

Big Bang - what else could go wrong?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
brazilianvwbay.com :: The Usual Stuff :: General Discussion-
Jump to: