brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

black plastic box thingy?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
KoLantaKaz

KoLantaKaz

Cabin : Economy

black plastic box thingy? Empty
PostSubject: black plastic box thingy?   black plastic box thingy? EmptyWed May 26, 2010 9:44 pm

Hi
Can anyone please tell me the name of the black plastic box thingy which is behind the air vent? Only I was asked the other day how to get one for a friend who has a VW Beetle and can't find one enywhere.
Many thanks

Kaz
x

________________________________________________________________________________
Ko Lanta, the island of my dreams . . . .
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: black plastic box thingy?   black plastic box thingy? EmptyWed May 26, 2010 9:50 pm

Behind the air vent ... up front? Do you mean the glovebox?

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

black plastic box thingy? Melogo11
Back to top Go down
olive

olive

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: black plastic box thingy?   black plastic box thingy? EmptyWed May 26, 2010 9:57 pm

KoLantaKaz wrote:
Hi
Can anyone please tell me the name of the black plastic box thingy which is behind the air vent? Only I was asked the other day how to get one for a friend who has a VW Beetle and can't find one enywhere.
Many thanks

Kaz
x

Hi Kaz, dont know if Tim is being slightly humerous...I found out today and it is a charcoal filter for the engine. Danbury couldnt tell me either when I bought the van, when I asked all I got was a shrug of the shoulders from the posh speaking one.
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: black plastic box thingy?   black plastic box thingy? EmptyWed May 26, 2010 10:09 pm

Where is this box you're talking about olive?

Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

black plastic box thingy? Melogo11
Back to top Go down
KoLantaKaz

KoLantaKaz

PostSubject: Re: black plastic box thingy?   black plastic box thingy? EmptyWed May 26, 2010 10:12 pm

Really..... Oh I am seriously rubbish at this tech bit!!!!!!

No silly, I meant the air vent down the side!! Go on, tell me it's proper name please..

x

Back to top Go down
olive

olive

PostSubject: Re: black plastic box thingy?   black plastic box thingy? EmptyWed May 26, 2010 10:15 pm

KoLantaKaz wrote:
Really..... Oh I am seriously rubbish at this tech bit!!!!!!

No silly, I meant the air vent down the side!! Go on, tell me it's proper name please..

x

Its the rear air vents on both sides, am I correct in saying the black box is on the offside? If so it is what I say it is.

Good luck
Back to top Go down
KoLantaKaz

KoLantaKaz

PostSubject: Re: black plastic box thingy?   black plastic box thingy? EmptyWed May 26, 2010 10:21 pm

Thanks Olive

I've been told that they corrode after a little while and finding a replacement is proving a little difficult.

Will have to keep an eye open for one.

Kaz
x

Back to top Go down
olive

olive

PostSubject: Re: black plastic box thingy?   black plastic box thingy? EmptyWed May 26, 2010 10:25 pm

KoLantaKaz wrote:
Thanks Olive

I've been told that they corrode after a little while and finding a replacement is proving a little difficult.

Will have to keep an eye open for one.

Kaz
x

Try Paul @ Downunder it was he who told me what it was, he may be able to get you one. Althouth surprised it would corrode as it is plastic? Dont know how you would replace it as it seems to be fixed into a tight space with no visible access.
Back to top Go down
KoLantaKaz

KoLantaKaz

PostSubject: Re: black plastic box thingy?   black plastic box thingy? EmptyWed May 26, 2010 10:35 pm

It was a friend of a friend with a Beetle. Their box which he tells me looks the same, but is made in two parts, which is where it seems to have split open. I will pass on this info, very much appreciated Olive.

x

Back to top Go down
Baydreamer

Baydreamer

PostSubject: Re: black plastic box thingy?   black plastic box thingy? EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 10:11 pm

thanks for that. i thought mine was rusting as it had overspray on it until i tapped it and hey presto its plastic Laughing doesnt look great with a crackled matt finish but hey it gives it a bit of ageing!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: black plastic box thingy?   black plastic box thingy? Empty

Back to top Go down

black plastic box thingy?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
brazilianvwbay.com :: The Usual Stuff :: General Discussion-
Jump to: