brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Interior Conversions - Danbury or other?

Go down 
+13
Skytiger
KC
irishman
Batman
osg
dizzylizard
docmark
happycamperhols
Scooby
jj123vw
kiteman
Dennis
TimV
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

What layout do you have in your BraziBay?
Danbury Rio without rear cupboard
danbury - Interior Conversions - Danbury or other? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap14%danbury - Interior Conversions - Danbury or other? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 14% [ 10 ]
Danbury Rio with rear cupboard
danbury - Interior Conversions - Danbury or other? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap38%danbury - Interior Conversions - Danbury or other? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 38% [ 27 ]
Danbury Diamond
danbury - Interior Conversions - Danbury or other? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap22%danbury - Interior Conversions - Danbury or other? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 22% [ 16 ]
Danbury Diamond Twin 'B' Unit
danbury - Interior Conversions - Danbury or other? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap3%danbury - Interior Conversions - Danbury or other? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 3% [ 2 ]
Other Danbury
danbury - Interior Conversions - Danbury or other? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap4%danbury - Interior Conversions - Danbury or other? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 4% [ 3 ]
Other Conversion
danbury - Interior Conversions - Danbury or other? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap8%danbury - Interior Conversions - Danbury or other? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 8% [ 6 ]
DIY
danbury - Interior Conversions - Danbury or other? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap8%danbury - Interior Conversions - Danbury or other? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 8% [ 6 ]
Not converted
danbury - Interior Conversions - Danbury or other? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap3%danbury - Interior Conversions - Danbury or other? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 3% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 72

AuthorMessage
kiteman

kiteman

Cabin : Exec 002

danbury - Interior Conversions - Danbury or other? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interior Conversions - Danbury or other?   danbury - Interior Conversions - Danbury or other? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 8:42 am

The kitegirl and the dogs are more than enough thanks

________________________________________________________________________________
danbury - Interior Conversions - Danbury or other? - Page 2 Img_4810

Ginger man without a ginger van  sunny
Back to top Go down
irishman

irishman

Cabin : Exec 003

PostSubject: Re: Interior Conversions - Danbury or other?   danbury - Interior Conversions - Danbury or other? - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 9:35 am

TimV wrote:
I think we need to send kiteman off on a trip with a couple of kids onboard ....
Or my misses on a three week trip to Cornwall, see how he gets on with one cupboard then, hang on, more to the point how would he get on with my misses, now there's a plan.............
Back to top Go down
kiteman

kiteman

Cabin : Exec 002

PostSubject: Re: Interior Conversions - Danbury or other?   danbury - Interior Conversions - Danbury or other? - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 9:49 am

irishman wrote:

Or my misses on a three week trip to Cornwall, see how he gets on with one cupboard then, hang on, more to the point how would he get on with my misses, now there's a plan.............

I'm busy those weeks Wink

________________________________________________________________________________
danbury - Interior Conversions - Danbury or other? - Page 2 Img_4810

Ginger man without a ginger van  sunny
Back to top Go down
KC

KC

Cabin : Economy

PostSubject: Re: Interior Conversions - Danbury or other?   danbury - Interior Conversions - Danbury or other? - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 3:25 pm

We've got the Vanwurks Classic interior, which means you get a 3/4 width bed. For us of us the storage space is essential and the overhead locker with table storage is genius....just don't get up too quickly in the night, unless you're wearing a crash helmet (which isn't
often).
The unit is designed for an original bay, so the overhead locker part is a bit of a fiddle to get right in a Brazibay, but it fits well now.

Coupled with the Vanwurks buddy seat and side attachment seat, we can sit 4 comfortably at the table, on the cold mornings or rainy days.

We were also happy to sacrifice a grill for extra storage space, so it was ideal.

They to a Kompact version to give you a full width bed too.

I really like the finish of the units too. Good build quality, a nice retro look and more nooks and crannies than you could wish for!

http://www.vanwurks.co.uk/classic-interior-for-volkswagen-t2-bay-window-from-1-950.00.html#.UX0wTSt4b2g
Back to top Go down
KC

KC

PostSubject: Re: Interior Conversions - Danbury or other?   danbury - Interior Conversions - Danbury or other? - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 3:31 pm

danbury - Interior Conversions - Danbury or other? - Page 2 Screen11
Back to top Go down
KC

KC

PostSubject: Re: Interior Conversions - Danbury or other?   danbury - Interior Conversions - Danbury or other? - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 3:32 pm

and the view of the overhead locker -

danbury - Interior Conversions - Danbury or other? - Page 2 Screen12
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

PostSubject: Re: Interior Conversions - Danbury or other?   danbury - Interior Conversions - Danbury or other? - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 5:30 pm

Dont think we could live with that overhead locker - we only just clear our head now Laughing

Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
KC

KC

PostSubject: Re: Interior Conversions - Danbury or other?   danbury - Interior Conversions - Danbury or other? - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 6:54 pm

my head is not the shape is used to be, i have to say.....
Back to top Go down
Skytiger

Skytiger

Cabin : Exec 008

PostSubject: Re: Interior Conversions - Danbury or other?   danbury - Interior Conversions - Danbury or other? - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 9:00 pm

Scooby could you not just put your back paws down that end Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

PostSubject: Re: Interior Conversions - Danbury or other?   danbury - Interior Conversions - Danbury or other? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 9:18 am

Sorry Skytiger head needs to be that end of the cabin - so feet can hang off the other end Wink
Now that you mention it though, does anybody sleep with their feet over the engine area?

Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: Interior Conversions - Danbury or other?   danbury - Interior Conversions - Danbury or other? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 9:40 am

Scooby wrote:
Now that you mention it though, does anybody sleep with their feet over the engine area?

No way - not only do I enjoy the warmth that sleeping over the motor brings, I also like to wake up and look out of my BraziBay window. Cool

Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

danbury - Interior Conversions - Danbury or other? - Page 2 Melogo11
Back to top Go down
KC

KC

PostSubject: Re: Interior Conversions - Danbury or other?   danbury - Interior Conversions - Danbury or other? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 9:45 am

agreed - feet over the end of the bed, warm engine bay, nice window view first thing!

Also if we sleep the other way around, we're closer to the dog who has no 'campervan etiquette', so to speak (put it this way, we have the windows open....).
Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Tallulah

Cabin : Flight 011

PostSubject: Re: Interior Conversions - Danbury or other?   danbury - Interior Conversions - Danbury or other? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 9:46 am

Scooby wrote:
Sorry Skytiger head needs to be that end of the cabin - so feet can hang off the other end Wink

Not us.

www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Twitter: @AlpineGrove
Facebook: facebook.com/alpinegrovetouringpark
                                                      Former owners of the amazing Tallulah (2011 to 2021)
Proud winners of Spikes Trophy, 2016.
Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
http://www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Interior Conversions - Danbury or other?   danbury - Interior Conversions - Danbury or other? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 9:47 am

Another important factor in our camper: Junior likes to see me from the Upper Deck - just to make sure I'm ok of course! If I slept the other way round that wouldn't be possible.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
eddy

eddy

Cabin : Exec 014

PostSubject: Re: Interior Conversions - Danbury or other?   danbury - Interior Conversions - Danbury or other? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 07, 2013 9:55 pm

Also have vanwurks interior in Bessy with a full width bed. Have roof locker with table slotted underneath. Also sleep feet first as less width at rear with spare wheel.
Back to top Go down
FlyTap

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: Interior Conversions - Danbury or other?   danbury - Interior Conversions - Danbury or other? - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 8:58 pm

Mine is a bespoke conversion simular to the westfailia layout, however over the years and using it constantly I would more than likely change the following to suit my individual requirements 
1) get rid of the Sink and water system (95% of the time if on a campground take all my items to the campground facilities.
2) Have a 12V battery meter for both the AUX and Main battery (Already done)
3) Have the Heater run off the leisure battery and not the Main (Done) 
4) Swivel seat in front (done) 
5) Maybe small microwave
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Interior Conversions - Danbury or other?   danbury - Interior Conversions - Danbury or other? - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 1:12 pm

Let's catch-up on this. Loads of new members. Have the stats changed?

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Tallulah

PostSubject: Re: Interior Conversions - Danbury or other?   danbury - Interior Conversions - Danbury or other? - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 2:14 pm

So 57 out of 70 entries - 81% - have a Danbury conversion of some sort and almost 60% (33) of those have the 4 seat Rio layout.

Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
osg

osg

Cabin : Exec 015

PostSubject: Re: Interior Conversions - Danbury or other?   danbury - Interior Conversions - Danbury or other? - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 3:49 pm

The balance between the two Danbury layouts is probably hard to judge until AFTER you have purchased the camper.

How many who purchased a RIO for the extra storage now wish that the bed was wider?
How many who bought the DIAMOND for the wider bed now wish they had more storage space?

It would be interesting to know how many, in retrospect, would change their choice if starting again

osg
Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Tallulah

PostSubject: Re: Interior Conversions - Danbury or other?   danbury - Interior Conversions - Danbury or other? - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 4:33 pm

We decided on the Danbury Rio on the basis that a) it sleeps four therefore only needs to seat four when on the go; b) there are only 3 of us and c) the extra storage would be very useful. The extra bed width wasn't really a factor since the the spare was staying inside.

Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Interior Conversions - Danbury or other?   danbury - Interior Conversions - Danbury or other? - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 5:26 pm

At least those with a Danbury Diamond layout can upgrade at a later stage with the B unit, if they're struggling to hide their Tupperware! Converting a Rio to a full size bed wouldn't be quite so straightforward.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Tallulah

PostSubject: Re: Interior Conversions - Danbury or other?   danbury - Interior Conversions - Danbury or other? - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 5:48 pm

TimV wrote:
At least those with a Danbury Diamond layout can upgrade at a later stage with the B unit, if they're struggling to hide their Tupperware! Converting a Rio to a full size bed wouldn't be quite so straightforward.

Good point.

Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

PostSubject: Re: Interior Conversions - Danbury or other?   danbury - Interior Conversions - Danbury or other? - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 9:05 pm

TimV wrote:
Converting a Rio to a full size bed wouldn't be quite so straightforward.

We doo not see the need - Rio's Rule - best to be up close & personal Smile

Back to top Go down
harryhornet

harryhornet

Cabin : Exec 027

PostSubject: Re: Interior Conversions - Danbury or other?   danbury - Interior Conversions - Danbury or other? - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 9:39 pm

Rio layout for us too. During our latest trip I 'vacuum packed' 2 duvets, 3 pillows and 1 sheet of memory foam and they all fitted in the rear cupboard. It's like a little tardis in there !
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Interior Conversions - Danbury or other?   danbury - Interior Conversions - Danbury or other? - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 9:43 pm

harryhornet wrote:
Rio layout for us too. During our latest trip I 'vacuum packed' 2 duvets, 3 pillows and 1 sheet of memory foam and they all fitted in the rear cupboard. It's like a little tardis in there !

Brilliant idea. But, does that mean you have to take along a 'Henry' to re-vac?

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interior Conversions - Danbury or other?   danbury - Interior Conversions - Danbury or other? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Interior Conversions - Danbury or other?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
brazilianvwbay.com :: The Usual Stuff :: Our Survey Said: BraziBay Polls-
Jump to: