brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Dirt cheap Sony CD/Radio with iPod/iPhone connectivity

Go down 
+4
beakyboy
AbsintheKombi
dizzylizard
TimV
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
dizzylizard

dizzylizard

Cabin : Exec 018

Dirt cheap Sony CD/Radio with iPod/iPhone connectivity - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dirt cheap Sony CD/Radio with iPod/iPhone connectivity   Dirt cheap Sony CD/Radio with iPod/iPhone connectivity - Page 2 EmptyWed May 29, 2013 11:40 am

I'm sure between us someone will Abs. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kiteman

kiteman

Cabin : Exec 002

PostSubject: Re: Dirt cheap Sony CD/Radio with iPod/iPhone connectivity   Dirt cheap Sony CD/Radio with iPod/iPhone connectivity - Page 2 EmptyWed May 29, 2013 1:51 pm

There will be a set in the box of your new unit. All the different types work the same way so shouldn't be a problem, unless you have the type tallulah is on about. I have a set of those so I'll bring them along with me

________________________________________________________________________________
Dirt cheap Sony CD/Radio with iPod/iPhone connectivity - Page 2 Img_4810

Ginger man without a ginger van  sunny
Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

Cabin : Exec 013

PostSubject: Re: Dirt cheap Sony CD/Radio with iPod/iPhone connectivity   Dirt cheap Sony CD/Radio with iPod/iPhone connectivity - Page 2 EmptyWed May 29, 2013 2:58 pm

Thanks guys.

________________________________________________________________________________
Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder

Blog: C13MPR

Finalist in the Caravan Club Caravanner of the Year Competition 2016

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
http://www.c13mpr.com
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

PostSubject: Re: Dirt cheap Sony CD/Radio with iPod/iPhone connectivity   Dirt cheap Sony CD/Radio with iPod/iPhone connectivity - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 9:30 am

Radio fitted last night with some help from my petrol head daughter. Crikey, it was tight - had to push the whole cage out from the back.

Not much give on the leads either and we struggled to get the aerial conector to click in. Seemed to be a slightly different end from the one that came with the radio. Seems to be working ok though and as a plus the existing Sony remote worked on the new radio.

I'll trial it for a while to make sure it's ok then, maybe offer the old unit for sale on here.

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
dizzylizard

dizzylizard

PostSubject: Re: Dirt cheap Sony CD/Radio with iPod/iPhone connectivity   Dirt cheap Sony CD/Radio with iPod/iPhone connectivity - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 9:47 am

Glad you got it fitted, Martin. What with everything going on, realised on the way home that I didn't get round to it at the sleepover.

I hate promising something then not doing it, sorry. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: Dirt cheap Sony CD/Radio with iPod/iPhone connectivity   Dirt cheap Sony CD/Radio with iPod/iPhone connectivity - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 9:55 am

Well done Abs. I fitted mine into my Audi yesterday. The old unit that had been in since 1999 refused to budge initially but eventually gave in. The connections were exactly the same and the real bonus was that the rotary commander that I have on the steering column could also still be connected. If they are still available from Sony that would be very useful to mount on the housing of a Kombis steering column.

Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Dirt cheap Sony CD/Radio with iPod/iPhone connectivity - Page 2 Melogo11
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Dirt cheap Sony CD/Radio with iPod/iPhone connectivity   Dirt cheap Sony CD/Radio with iPod/iPhone connectivity - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 10:03 am

The remote commander is a Sony RM X2S btw. Not sure if still available new but eBay, Gumtree etc

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

PostSubject: Re: Dirt cheap Sony CD/Radio with iPod/iPhone connectivity   Dirt cheap Sony CD/Radio with iPod/iPhone connectivity - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 10:06 am

As we only ever have the radio on R4* or the Ipod I don't think we'll need the commander - sounds a good option for others though.

*unless we're in range of Radio Jackie of course lol!

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
Dennis

Cabin : Exec 033

PostSubject: Re: Dirt cheap Sony CD/Radio with iPod/iPhone connectivity   Dirt cheap Sony CD/Radio with iPod/iPhone connectivity - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 10:20 am

I am looking for one with a remote so I can turn it off when in bed either that or fit a switch by the light to turn off. Tim
Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

PostSubject: Re: Dirt cheap Sony CD/Radio with iPod/iPhone connectivity   Dirt cheap Sony CD/Radio with iPod/iPhone connectivity - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 10:28 am

Quote :
I am looking for one with a remote so I can turn it off when in bed either that or fit a switch by the light to turn off. Tim

Yes we like the remote for that option. Just a shame it won't turn it back on. Tim - was it you who mentioned at the Sleepover the need to set the auto turn off to prevent the battery draining?

I'm a bit confused because it works off both batteries so taking the key out won't prompt it to shut down. Is it laible to drain the leisure battery very quickly? Should I take the front off when I'm not using it?

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Dirt cheap Sony CD/Radio with iPod/iPhone connectivity   Dirt cheap Sony CD/Radio with iPod/iPhone connectivity - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 10:33 am

Just found out Sony Rotary Commander RM-X2S now replaced by RM-X4S.

Here's an ebay ad for such:

Sony eBay ad

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
kiteman

kiteman

Cabin : Exec 002

PostSubject: Re: Dirt cheap Sony CD/Radio with iPod/iPhone connectivity   Dirt cheap Sony CD/Radio with iPod/iPhone connectivity - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 10:44 am

Absinthe wrote:
Quote :

Yes we like the remote for that option. Just a shame it won't turn it back on. Tim - was it you who mentioned at the Sleepover the need to set the auto turn off to prevent the battery draining?

I'm a bit confused because it works off both batteries so taking the key out won't prompt it to shut down. Is it laible to drain the leisure battery very quickly? Should I take the front off when I'm not using it?

If you hold the 'source' button for about 2 seconds it shuts the unit down fully

Dirt cheap Sony CD/Radio with iPod/iPhone connectivity - Page 2 Img_4810

Ginger man without a ginger van  sunny
Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Tallulah

Cabin : Flight 011

PostSubject: Re: Dirt cheap Sony CD/Radio with iPod/iPhone connectivity   Dirt cheap Sony CD/Radio with iPod/iPhone connectivity - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 10:45 am

Quote :

It has been reported that some stereos can be left in 'standby' mode rather than being fully 'off' which means that they still draw a small amount of power albeit significantly less than when fully on. This enables them to be fully controlled using a remote in the same fashion as a TV.

This is generally not a problem, unless the vehicle is left unused for a significant period of time. Most vehicles get used daily which should be more than enough to replenish any battery, but our Kombis are often left for a week or two at a time - or much longer in winter - meaning that the low level power drain of a stereo in standby would eventually drain any battery.

Stereos that have this 'standby' option may also have some default settings that can be used to avoid this happening, by automatically fully switching the unit off after being in standby for a set period of time.

Ours is set to fully switch off after 1 hour.

If in doubt, read the manual and look for 'default settings' or something similar.

www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Twitter: @AlpineGrove
Facebook: facebook.com/alpinegrovetouringpark
                                                      Former owners of the amazing Tallulah (2011 to 2021)
Proud winners of Spikes Trophy, 2016.
Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
http://www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

PostSubject: Re: Dirt cheap Sony CD/Radio with iPod/iPhone connectivity   Dirt cheap Sony CD/Radio with iPod/iPhone connectivity - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 10:45 am

Quote :
If you hold the 'source' button for about 2 seconds it shuts the unit down fully

Excellent, thanks for that.

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
dizzylizard

dizzylizard

PostSubject: Re: Dirt cheap Sony CD/Radio with iPod/iPhone connectivity   Dirt cheap Sony CD/Radio with iPod/iPhone connectivity - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 10:53 am

The hand held remote for the radio appears to be this one (page 19 in handbook) if you want to switch it off from the bed.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/SONY-147652614-RM-X114-REMOTE-COMMANDER/dp/B0038IWUGI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1370425330&sr=8-1&keywords=rm-x114

I was of the opinion the power came only from the leisure battery, and no connection to the main battery.

As Kiteman says 2 seconds holding the source button switches it off completely, 1 second switches off the power, but leaves the display on, and you can set Auto off to turn it off after 30 seconds, 30 mins or 60 mins. Personally, I just hold the button for 2 secs to make sure everything is off.

Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional    
Very Happy                           Dirt cheap Sony CD/Radio with iPod/iPhone connectivity - Page 2 Signat11
Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

PostSubject: Re: Dirt cheap Sony CD/Radio with iPod/iPhone connectivity   Dirt cheap Sony CD/Radio with iPod/iPhone connectivity - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 10:26 am

Now that I've got the new radio working correctly (needed a connector for the aerial lead) does anyone want my old Sony that was fitted by Danbury?

It's a Sony MEX-DV800 Multi Disc Player with a rear Aux in for a DVD. It looks like this: Amazon
Dirt cheap Sony CD/Radio with iPod/iPhone connectivity - Page 2 41HzNLmmc3L
The only thing missing would be the remote as I'm using it on the new Sony - they are available to buy separately though.  

If anyone's interested it's yours for £30.

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Dirt cheap Sony CD/Radio with iPod/iPhone connectivity   Dirt cheap Sony CD/Radio with iPod/iPhone connectivity - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 10:37 am

Stick that info in the classifieds section please Abs, then it can get released to the world via our Facebook and Twitter accounts. Ta.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

PostSubject: Re: Dirt cheap Sony CD/Radio with iPod/iPhone connectivity   Dirt cheap Sony CD/Radio with iPod/iPhone connectivity - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 10:41 am

Done.

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dirt cheap Sony CD/Radio with iPod/iPhone connectivity   Dirt cheap Sony CD/Radio with iPod/iPhone connectivity - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Dirt cheap Sony CD/Radio with iPod/iPhone connectivity
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2