brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

sump drain plug

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
dizzylizard

dizzylizard

Cabin : Exec 018

plug - sump drain plug Empty
PostSubject: sump drain plug   plug - sump drain plug EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 2:03 pm

Has anyone fitted, or have an opinion on these sump plugs I found whilst looking for the part number for a bog standard one.

http://www.quickvalve.co.uk/

http://www.quickvalve.co.uk/f106_adp106.htm?veh=Volkswagen Fox 1.4 (1390 BKR petrol) 2005-2011

I was looking for a magnetic plug, and the only drawback I can see is that these valves aren't magnetic, so won't collect any swarf.

Seeing that we have to change oil on a regular basis, it would save the risk of cross-threading, and having to renew the plug and washer everytime.
Back to top Go down
Roobarb

Roobarb

Cabin : Exec 042

PostSubject: Re: sump drain plug   plug - sump drain plug EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 9:58 am

Hi Dizzy,

I've done a full service on Roobarb this week and took note of the drain plug when I removed it.  On my 08 model, the engine drain plug has no magnetic trap (there is one on the gearbox), so on that basis the quickvalve seems like a good idea.  The only problem I've got is lying on my back looking down the bus from the rear, I have a feeling that the quickvalve would end up  being the lowest point in the middle of the bus, which might make it vulnerable, especially if the bus has been lowered.  I would personally rather risk cross-threading the plug (there's plenty of meat on the thread) than risk dumping the oil because of breaking the quickvalve on an obstruction and not realising it until the oil warning light has come on.

Incidentally Roobs also passed his third MOT with flying colours yesterday cheers
Back to top Go down
dizzylizard

dizzylizard

Cabin : Exec 018

PostSubject: Re: sump drain plug   plug - sump drain plug EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 4:49 pm

Congrats on the MOT pass Roobarb, it's always a relief.  Very Happy 

Reference the drain plug, on a second look I think I came to the same conclusion, if the plug faced sideways it would be OK, but it doesn't, and with the recommended extension piece it makes it worse.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: sump drain plug   plug - sump drain plug Empty

Back to top Go down

sump drain plug
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
brazilianvwbay.com :: KOMBI Katalogue :: Bay Related Products-
Jump to: