brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Roof Tent: a novel idea for you Tintoppers

Go down 
+2
AbsintheKombi
TimV
6 posters
AuthorMessage
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

Roof - Roof Tent: a novel idea for you Tintoppers Empty
PostSubject: Roof Tent: a novel idea for you Tintoppers   Roof - Roof Tent: a novel idea for you Tintoppers EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 1:43 pm

Columbus Roof Tent

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Roof - Roof Tent: a novel idea for you Tintoppers Melogo11
Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

Cabin : Exec 013

PostSubject: Re: Roof Tent: a novel idea for you Tintoppers   Roof - Roof Tent: a novel idea for you Tintoppers EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 2:51 pm

Quite a few of the Disco guys have roof tents. I think they're called Oz Boxes.

________________________________________________________________________________
Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder

Blog: C13MPR

Finalist in the Caravan Club Caravanner of the Year Competition 2016

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
http://www.c13mpr.com
Scooby

Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

PostSubject: Re: Roof Tent: a novel idea for you Tintoppers   Roof - Roof Tent: a novel idea for you Tintoppers EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 1:47 pm

Scooby saw one of these type of tents on the roof of a Disco over the Bank Holiday Weekend in the Forrest of Dean (no blond in a red bikini though - unlike the advert!)
Roo b Roo
jocolor

Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
irishman

irishman

Cabin : Exec 003

PostSubject: Re: Roof Tent: a novel idea for you Tintoppers   Roof - Roof Tent: a novel idea for you Tintoppers EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 8:11 pm

Saw one on top of a long wheelbase land rover this weekend. Looked very fragile, wouldn't want to be in it when it was windy ( inside or out!)
Back to top Go down
Firebird

Firebird

Cabin : Exec 054

PostSubject: Re: Roof Tent: a novel idea for you Tintoppers   Roof - Roof Tent: a novel idea for you Tintoppers EmptyTue Sep 03, 2013 8:52 pm

They certainly look interesting but surely not as much fun as the real thing.  That said I am still a bit stunned that Gulliver's roof takes so long to get down and perfectly lined up before we are all ready to go.  On my 1972 Devonette you could get the roof down quicker than it took the farmer to yell 'get off my land...'.  

So why is it such a faff now and is there any scope to put on a roof like the old Viking?   Then the family firebird really could all fit in without someone having to sleep on the floor with the dog and muddy wellies.  Maybe there's a market somewhere....
Back to top Go down
Sunny

Sunny

Cabin : Exec 050

PostSubject: Re: Roof Tent: a novel idea for you Tintoppers   Roof - Roof Tent: a novel idea for you Tintoppers EmptyTue Sep 03, 2013 9:06 pm

Firebird wrote:
That said I am still a bit stunned that Gulliver's roof takes so long to get down and perfectly lined up before we are all ready to go.  On my 1972 Devonette you could get the roof down quicker than it took the farmer to yell 'get off my land...'.  

So why is it such a faff now
Must admit, it is a bit of a chore, isn't it. Front end down partially, roll up cloth, front end down fully, back end down partially, roll and check cloth isn't trapped anywhere, back end down fully, go out and check both edges seating in gutter correctly, back in and tie down four corners......
Back to top Go down
Firebird

Firebird

Cabin : Exec 054

PostSubject: Re: Roof Tent: a novel idea for you Tintoppers   Roof - Roof Tent: a novel idea for you Tintoppers EmptyTue Sep 03, 2013 9:21 pm

You've got it Sunny. And i have been nominated as the official 'Roofmeister' so am apparently the only one in the whole family that can do it. Gets me out of washing up breakfast stuff and packing the wet awning i suppose.
Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

Cabin : Exec 013

PostSubject: Re: Roof Tent: a novel idea for you Tintoppers   Roof - Roof Tent: a novel idea for you Tintoppers EmptyTue Sep 03, 2013 10:20 pm

Mrs B's got it down to a fine art. I'm just the guy who makes sure the roof is seated in the gutter correctly.

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder

Blog: C13MPR

Finalist in the Caravan Club Caravanner of the Year Competition 2016

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
http://www.c13mpr.com
Scooby

Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

PostSubject: Re: Roof Tent: a novel idea for you Tintoppers   Roof - Roof Tent: a novel idea for you Tintoppers EmptyWed Sep 04, 2013 8:59 pm

It's a 2 person job for us too!

Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roof Tent: a novel idea for you Tintoppers   Roof - Roof Tent: a novel idea for you Tintoppers Empty

Back to top Go down

Roof Tent: a novel idea for you Tintoppers
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
brazilianvwbay.com :: KOMBI Katalogue :: Bay Related Products-
Jump to: