brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Rear lap belt mounts

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
dizzylizard

dizzylizard

Cabin : Exec 018

rear - Rear lap belt mounts Empty
PostSubject: Rear lap belt mounts   rear - Rear lap belt mounts EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 5:24 pm

Unfortunately, over the weekend, whilst putting down the R and R bed, I carelessly managed to trap the lap belt underneath and managed to crack the plastic cover on the buckle.   Rolling Eyes   Embarassed 

It still works OK, but I expect some sharp eyed MOT tester will spot it, so I'm going to replace it.

I think it is a Securon 210,  fitted by Danbury.

My question is, does anyone know if it is a captive bolt that I can remove from inside, or am I going to have to crawl underneath with a spanner whilst a mate undoes it from above. I'm hoping it is the former that was done in Brazil on the original build.
Back to top Go down
sparkysteve

sparkysteve

Cabin : Exec 035

PostSubject: Re: Rear lap belt mounts   rear - Rear lap belt mounts EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 7:11 pm

Hi Dizzy,

There are captive nuts in the seat belt mounting points.

When I fitted my 3 point belts I had to remove the lapbelts BUT be warned they are very hard to remove.

The under-seal gets right in the threads so suggest a good soaking of WD40 before makes a massive difference. Go gently as they can snap off the welds on the captive nuts so suggest you loosen 1/2 a turn then re-tighten 1/4 of a turn and keep this going until it frees up.

________________________________________________________________________________
rear - Rear lap belt mounts Logo_s11

Visit my T2c Blog at http://t2bay.blogspot.co.uk/
Back to top Go down
http://www.t2bay.blogspot.co.uk
dizzylizard

dizzylizard

PostSubject: Re: Rear lap belt mounts   rear - Rear lap belt mounts EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 7:34 pm

That's a relief about the captive nuts, and thanks for the advice about taking it slow.

Much appreciated for the reply Steve, cheers   Smile
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: Rear lap belt mounts   rear - Rear lap belt mounts EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 10:37 am

You reckon we believe that's how you broke the belt with the bed dizzy?! You saucy devil! Wink 

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

rear - Rear lap belt mounts Melogo11
Back to top Go down
dizzylizard

dizzylizard

PostSubject: Re: Rear lap belt mounts   rear - Rear lap belt mounts EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 11:32 am

lol! Sorry to disappoint Tim, but I'm not as athletic as I used to be.......I think the bromide they put in the tea at my school 60 years ago is just starting to kick in.   Laughing
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: Rear lap belt mounts   rear - Rear lap belt mounts EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 3:10 pm

dizzylizard wrote:
lol! Sorry to disappoint Tim, but I'm not as athletic as I used to be.......I think the bromide they put in the tea at my school 60 years ago is just starting to kick in.   Laughing

If it's only just taking affect dizzy then you've done very well! (According to Young Mr. Grace. )

Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

rear - Rear lap belt mounts Melogo11
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rear lap belt mounts   rear - Rear lap belt mounts Empty

Back to top Go down

Rear lap belt mounts
Page 1 of 1