brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Inflatable awnings: good idea?

Go down 
+4
primrose
Sunny
jj123vw
Voyager
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Voyager

Voyager

Cabin : Flight 044

Inflatable awnings: good idea? Empty
PostSubject: Inflatable awnings: good idea?   Inflatable awnings: good idea? EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 4:10 pm

We are considering buying a new awning to replace our current heavy metal-framed model which won't fit in the roof-rack. I notice that Khyam claim that their Motordome can be pitched much quicker than their Aerotech, in which case I have to wonder why anyone would want to pay hundreds of pounds more for the inflatable. Any opinions?
Back to top Go down
jj123vw

jj123vw

Cabin : Business

PostSubject: Re: Inflatable awnings: good idea?   Inflatable awnings: good idea? EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 4:19 pm

My advice is the Vango inflatable range. Well made and easy to store and erect etc. Timmm has the Kela version for sale and Danbury stock both models (standard and large size)
Back to top Go down
http://www.danburymotorcaravans.com
Sunny

Sunny

Cabin : Exec 050

PostSubject: Re: Inflatable awnings: good idea?   Inflatable awnings: good idea? EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 4:53 pm

Must admit, I've also questioned those who say the time to inflate is so much quicker. I can get my Kyham up un minutes, without the need to exert effort pumping. Loved my motordome.
Back to top Go down
primrose

primrose

Cabin : Economy

PostSubject: Re: Inflatable awnings: good idea?   Inflatable awnings: good idea? EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 4:56 pm

Vango is very good - about 15 pumps per 2x beams and shes up - often set it up by myself whilst missus is "busy doing something else". Easily all done and staked in 10mins.
Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Tallulah

Cabin : Flight 011

PostSubject: Re: Inflatable awnings: good idea?   Inflatable awnings: good idea? EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 5:08 pm

As far as I know the Khyam quick erect series (Classic, Tourer, Sleeper) are similarly priced to the Vango Airbeam range so not sure that price is relevant.

We don't have either as our existing awning, while coming to the end of its useful life, is used infrequently and still does the job.

When it does need to be replaced we will be buying a Vango Kela. The main reason being the much smaller packed size when compared to the Khyam, which makes it far easier to transport and store when not in use.

________________________________________________________________________________
www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Twitter: @AlpineGrove
Facebook: facebook.com/alpinegrovetouringpark
                                                      Former owners of the amazing Tallulah (2011 to 2021)
Proud winners of Spikes Trophy, 2016.
Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
http://www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Scooby

Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

PostSubject: Re: Inflatable awnings: good idea?   Inflatable awnings: good idea? EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 6:08 pm

We have the Kyham Motordome Sleeper.
It is up in minutes and has plenty of space.
We love it.

________________________________________________________________________________
Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
Ianvwk

Ianvwk

PostSubject: Re: Inflatable awnings: good idea?   Inflatable awnings: good idea? EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 9:03 pm

I was a huge fan of the Kyham quick erect! Until i bought a Vango Air beam and now I'm converted!

No poles to breck, packs up small, lightweight, easy to put up and down.

Love it!

And very well made.!

Ian VWK

www.vwkampers.co.uk
Back to top Go down
http://Www.braziliankampers.co.uk
timmm

timmm

PostSubject: Re: Inflatable awnings: good idea?   Inflatable awnings: good idea? EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:26 am

Ianvwk.
I couldn't agree more.

I'm hopeless at tent and awning stuff and was recommended by members of this site to buy a Vango airbeam. ..we took the plunge and bought one 3 weeks ago. So easy and stable...fantastic product....
We bought the standard version and have used it once but found we now need the larger version so are selling ours if anyone's interested....
But beside our one for sale, Danbury recommend these with the Brazilian and have been doing really good discounts at the moment if you fancy a new one.

Timmm
Back to top Go down
http://www.standrewsmotors.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Inflatable awnings: good idea?   Inflatable awnings: good idea? Empty

Back to top Go down

Inflatable awnings: good idea?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
brazilianvwbay.com :: KOMBI Katalogue :: Bay Related Products :: Awnings/Sun Canopies-
Jump to: