brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Albert, six months on...

Go down 
+12
dizzylizard
Skytiger
Tallulah
AbsintheKombi
michel_bonn
Matt
kiteman
TimV
dazdub
harryhornet
Bumble
burtonbullet
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
burtonbullet

Cabin : Club

Albert, six months on... Empty
PostSubject: Albert, six months on...   Albert, six months on... EmptySun Oct 12, 2014 10:05 pm

Albert, six months on... Dsc_0013
/>Albert six months on...

Albert, six months on... <a href=Albert, six months on... Dsc_0110" />

Albert, six months on... <a href=Albert, six months on... Dsc_0012" />

Albert, six months on... <a href=Albert, six months on... Dsc_0310" />

Albert, six months on... <a href=Albert, six months on... Dscf0310" />

We bought Albert in April from Paul (choirboy) and wow what a big decision. Paul had done a great job transforming Albert from a panel van into a fantastic looking Kombi. When we saw him we fell in love. First decision to make was the name, but, in the end we kept him as Albert.

Our first trip was a day out to Brighton. Weather was great and we were all so excited. Got onto the A23 and the strangest thing happened...suddenly I was holding the gear stick in my hand, well thats odd I thought. So onto the back of a breakdown truck and back home we went. Eva was worried we had made a terrible mistake as was I.

Touch wood, everything has been fine since. Paul (Brand Autos) has given Albert a great service and fixed a problem with the brake pedal which had meant you had to pull the pedal up with your foot to release it. Pete (Space Roofs) fitted a second hand roof and done a superb job for us, it has made such a difference. Mick (Mixdubs) made us a roof rack.

We had a fantastic holiday in Ile du Re, Albert made it there and back without any problems. So six months on and we couldn't be happier with Albert. Few changes we still want to make like changing the lap belts which Paul (Brand Autos) will do. Also adding an in car entertainment system is on the to-do list, if anyone has any suggestions/recommendations we would love to hear them.

So much still to learn but so far its been great and this forum has been a massive help so thank you so much Very Happy

John & Eva

Last edited by burtonbullet on Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:11 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Bumble

Bumble

Cabin : Exec 049

PostSubject: Re: Albert, six months on...   Albert, six months on... EmptySun Oct 12, 2014 10:11 pm

Hooray another Brazi bay in Surrey
Back to top Go down
harryhornet

harryhornet

Cabin : Exec 027

PostSubject: Re: Albert, six months on...   Albert, six months on... EmptySun Oct 12, 2014 10:18 pm

Great to see Albert nice and settled in his new home. Lovely Kombi.
Back to top Go down
dazdub

dazdub

Cabin : Exec 012

PostSubject: Re: Albert, six months on...   Albert, six months on... EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 7:30 am

Ace to see you are getting a lot of fun out of your bay Smile
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: Albert, six months on...   Albert, six months on... EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 7:36 am

Lovely catch-up for us all with you and Albert. Pleased to see your BraziBay playing such a significant role in your family life. Very Happy

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Albert, six months on... Melogo11
Back to top Go down
kiteman

kiteman

Cabin : Exec 002

PostSubject: Re: Albert, six months on...   Albert, six months on... EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 8:15 am

Good to see Albert is still roaming free. Thanks for the update

________________________________________________________________________________
Albert, six months on... Img_4810

Ginger man without a ginger van  sunny
Back to top Go down
Matt

Matt

PostSubject: Re: Albert, six months on...   Albert, six months on... EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 8:21 am

Ah, the old gearstick in the hand trick. Just a brazilian way of saying hello. Good to see albert has settled in to the family.

Matt.

Albert, six months on... Img_2014
Back to top Go down
michel_bonn

michel_bonn

PostSubject: Re: Albert, six months on...   Albert, six months on... EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 8:43 am

Very good pictures,

all the best

michel

http://www.t2-c.de
Back to top Go down
http://www.t2-c.de
Bumble

Bumble

PostSubject: Re: Albert, six months on...   Albert, six months on... EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 10:44 am

burtonbullet wrote:

Also adding an in car entertainment system is on the to-do list, if anyone has any suggestions/recommendations we would love to hear them.

Hi John,

I'm looking to do this too.  Bumble has a Ripspeed CD/radio/DVD player which is overspec'ed for what we need and we're never going to watch a DVD on a screen in the cabin, anyway!

Seeing as, with most cars, you get the sound system the car comes with, the chances are you never get the opportunity to have what you want (unless you buy from new).  I listen to a fair bit of DAB radio at home (mostly R4extra and R5extra), so now have the opportunity to specify a radio with DAB, which is what I'm looking to do at the moment.  Yes, it will mean having a new aerial (probably windscreen mounted), but the opportunity of having DAB radio is one I'm looking forward to.

I'm also looking to fit a second pair of speakers in the back of Bumble, by the rear lights, (aquabays already have speakers here).
Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

Cabin : Exec 013

PostSubject: Re: Albert, six months on...   Albert, six months on... EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 10:51 am

Hi and welcome. The van's looking great and what a venue you chose for your French trip.

We love the Ile de Re and hopefully it'll be on the itinerary for the Forum holiday next year. Why not join us?

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder

Blog: C13MPR

Finalist in the Caravan Club Caravanner of the Year Competition 2016

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
http://www.c13mpr.com
Tallulah

Tallulah

Cabin : Flight 011

PostSubject: Re: Albert, six months on...   Albert, six months on... EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 11:10 am

Bumble wrote:
burtonbullet wrote:

Also adding an in car entertainment system is on the to-do list, if anyone has any suggestions/recommendations we would love to hear them.

Hi John,

I'm looking to do this too.  Bumble has a Ripspeed CD/radio/DVD player which is overspec'ed for what we need and we're never going to watch a DVD on a screen in the cabin, anyway!

Seeing as, with most cars, you get the sound system the car comes with, the chances are you never get the opportunity to have what you want (unless you buy from new).  I listen to a fair bit of DAB radio at home (mostly R4extra and R5extra), so now have the opportunity to specify a radio with DAB, which is what I'm looking to do at the moment.  Yes, it will mean having a new aerial (probably windscreen mounted), but the opportunity of having DAB radio is one I'm looking forward to.

I'm also looking to fit a second pair of speakers in the back of Bumble, by the rear lights, (aquabays already have speakers here).

We have the standard Sony CD/Radio/MP3 player supplied from new but we rarely listen tot he radio or play a CD. Most of the time we have one of our many devices connected via Bluetooth (bought a small Bluetooth receiver that lives in the glove box) to play choons although upgrading all of the speakers is on our to do list along with adding a sub woofer.

www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Twitter: @AlpineGrove
Facebook: facebook.com/alpinegrovetouringpark
                                                      Former owners of the amazing Tallulah (2011 to 2021)
Proud winners of Spikes Trophy, 2016.
Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
http://www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: Albert, six months on...   Albert, six months on... EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 11:24 am

For the money you can't go wrong with the Ripspeed DVD in-dash unit. £159.99 - it's a bargain.

Ripspeed DVD

Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Albert, six months on... Melogo11
Back to top Go down
Bumble

Bumble

PostSubject: Re: Albert, six months on...   Albert, six months on... EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 12:02 pm

Interested to know whether tweaks to our Brazis have any gender bias..I'm ( Mrs C) looking for camping saucepans and accessories for storage and frilly awnings.......Mr C is looking for Dab radio and flagpoles
Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Tallulah

PostSubject: Re: Albert, six months on...   Albert, six months on... EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 12:05 pm

Bumble wrote:
Interested to know whether tweaks to our Brazis have any gender bias..I'm ( Mrs C) looking for camping saucepans and accessories for storage and frilly awnings.......Mr C is looking for Dab radio and flagpoles

Without a doubt!

Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

PostSubject: Re: Albert, six months on...   Albert, six months on... EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 1:21 pm

I'm happy to tweak both - always been in touch with my feminine side...

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
Skytiger

Skytiger

Cabin : Exec 008

PostSubject: Re: Albert, six months on...   Albert, six months on... EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 4:02 pm

Matt wrote:
Ah, the old gearstick in the hand trick. Just a brazilian way of saying hello.

Albert, six months on... 14022010057_zps9faf4035

Happens to the best of us Rolling Eyes    We managed the final 138miles from Teebay Services to home with no gear stick! Shocked

Nice to see Albert settled in a new home.
Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

PostSubject: Re: Albert, six months on...   Albert, six months on... EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 4:19 pm

Sunny - I think you'll find that Tallulah and Absinthe are usually amongst the top posters, but thanks for giving me a reason to reply. Wink

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
dizzylizard

dizzylizard

Cabin : Exec 018

PostSubject: Re: Albert, six months on...   Albert, six months on... EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 4:23 pm

Six to draw level, seven to overtake.........to date anyway Smile
Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Tallulah

PostSubject: Re: Albert, six months on...   Albert, six months on... EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 4:25 pm

I was about to post the same, no need now. sunny

Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

PostSubject: Re: Albert, six months on...   Albert, six months on... EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 4:47 pm

Anyone would think that Keith and I spend almost all day in front of a screen of one sort or another. Now that I'm down to three days in the office it's getter harder to compete*

*not that it's a competition!

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Tallulah

PostSubject: Re: Albert, six months on...   Albert, six months on... EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 6:50 pm

AbsintheKombi wrote:
Anyone would think that Keith and I spend almost all day in front of a screen of one sort or another. Now that I'm down to three days in the office it's getter harder to compete*

*not that it's a competition!

Anyone would think that we had nothing better or more interesting to do all day....

Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
Bumble

Bumble

PostSubject: Re: Albert, six months on...   Albert, six months on... EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 7:02 pm

We're chasing you up the "leader" board but not for personal gain as we already have a step......but cos we are both chatterboxes! And Mrs C posts from her mobile which is another limb for her!
Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

PostSubject: Re: Albert, six months on...   Albert, six months on... EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 7:15 pm

I don't want a step for Absinthe either but I do love the thrill of the chase... Razz

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

PostSubject: Re: Albert, six months on...   Albert, six months on... EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 7:17 pm

So the prize is just a side issue then Abs Wink

Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

PostSubject: Re: Albert, six months on...   Albert, six months on... EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 7:25 pm

Indeed, a side step issue.

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Albert, six months on...   Albert, six months on... Empty

Back to top Go down

Albert, six months on...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next