brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Wrecked Last Edition for sale on EBay

Go down 
+5
timmm
harryhornet
kiteman
jj123vw
TimV
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

number - Wrecked Last Edition for sale on EBay  Empty
PostSubject: Wrecked Last Edition for sale on EBay    number - Wrecked Last Edition for sale on EBay  EmptySat Oct 18, 2014 4:12 am

I was made aware of this Kombi a few weeks back. Sadly it seems an accident during its transportation has effectively decapitated one of the runout T2s. It's now being discussed widely elsewhere and even Just Kampers have linked to the German eBay sale on their Facebook page.

The damage looks pretty severe and I think the best move would be to scrap it for parts. You could make a very nice tribute BraziBay out of a lot of the kit available from this one. If you look at the last photo within the ad, you'll see that the shell is bowed.

number - Wrecked Last Edition for sale on EBay  Image17

German Ebay Ad for Wrecked Last Edition

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

number - Wrecked Last Edition for sale on EBay  Melogo11
Back to top Go down
jj123vw

jj123vw

Cabin : Business

PostSubject: Re: Wrecked Last Edition for sale on EBay    number - Wrecked Last Edition for sale on EBay  EmptySat Oct 18, 2014 7:59 am

We were offered this a good while back now but as Tim says it's too far gone for a repair. It sold once already but he buyer then refused to pay . Seller wants too much money for what's really useable . It hit a bridge ol whilst on a transporter ... Ouch :-(
Back to top Go down
http://www.danburymotorcaravans.com
kiteman

kiteman

Cabin : Exec 002

PostSubject: Re: Wrecked Last Edition for sale on EBay    number - Wrecked Last Edition for sale on EBay  EmptySat Oct 18, 2014 8:23 am

Convertible Kombi

________________________________________________________________________________
number - Wrecked Last Edition for sale on EBay  Img_4810

Ginger man without a ginger van  sunny
Back to top Go down
harryhornet

harryhornet

Cabin : Exec 027

PostSubject: Re: Wrecked Last Edition for sale on EBay    number - Wrecked Last Edition for sale on EBay  EmptySat Oct 18, 2014 9:28 am

It could be stripped out and converted into a trailer. Bit like the T4 ones on the market. Seems a shame to break it up for spares.
Back to top Go down
timmm

timmm

PostSubject: Re: Wrecked Last Edition for sale on EBay    number - Wrecked Last Edition for sale on EBay  EmptySat Oct 18, 2014 11:42 am

is it not possible to get the bits or a shell for it to repair...

Timmm
Back to top Go down
http://www.standrewsmotors.co.uk
kiteman

kiteman

PostSubject: Re: Wrecked Last Edition for sale on EBay    number - Wrecked Last Edition for sale on EBay  EmptySat Oct 18, 2014 5:00 pm

By the looks of the state of the roof I don't think it's structurally sound any more

Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Wrecked Last Edition for sale on EBay    number - Wrecked Last Edition for sale on EBay  EmptySat Oct 18, 2014 5:22 pm

Even the whitewall flaps on the tyres have buckled!

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
Skytiger

Skytiger

Cabin : Exec 008

PostSubject: Re: Wrecked Last Edition for sale on EBay    number - Wrecked Last Edition for sale on EBay  EmptySat Oct 18, 2014 5:27 pm

If its a club purchase to sell for spares....baggsie the sun visors!

Bar at the front and bbq at the back?
Back to top Go down
timmm

timmm

PostSubject: Re: Wrecked Last Edition for sale on EBay    number - Wrecked Last Edition for sale on EBay  EmptySat Oct 18, 2014 11:15 pm

So...is it possible to buy a shell?

Timmm
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Wrecked Last Edition for sale on EBay    number - Wrecked Last Edition for sale on EBay  EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 12:52 am

timmm wrote:

Probably, from Brazil, but the chance of it arriving in decent condition would be minimal and the transportation costs enormous for such a large part.

Easier to buy a second hand Classic T2 here that needs restoring and swap all the parts across.

Should you be inclined to do so .....

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
kiteman

kiteman

PostSubject: Re: Wrecked Last Edition for sale on EBay    number - Wrecked Last Edition for sale on EBay  EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 8:09 am

timmm wrote:

This means technically it's no longer a last edition, only the interor will be. So as TimV says, get a classic or even a second hand kombi and swap the parts

Back to top Go down
RayC

RayC

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: Wrecked Last Edition for sale on EBay    number - Wrecked Last Edition for sale on EBay  EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 8:36 am

that's such a shame I hate new stuff getting wrecked Sad given the force even the steering and front suspension would be suspect now, so its only really worth the engine parts and the clear indicators by the look of it!
Back to top Go down
http://treadltd@gmail.com
timmm

timmm

PostSubject: Re: Wrecked Last Edition for sale on EBay    number - Wrecked Last Edition for sale on EBay  EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 4:13 pm

Just a thought that it might have been a nice project...looks a step too far maybe.

Timmm
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Wrecked Last Edition for sale on EBay    number - Wrecked Last Edition for sale on EBay  EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 5:14 pm

timmm wrote:
Just a thought that it might have been a nice project...looks a step too far maybe.

A sidestep you mean ...

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
timmm

timmm

PostSubject: Re: Wrecked Last Edition for sale on EBay    number - Wrecked Last Edition for sale on EBay  EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 10:30 am

haha... in the back of the net Mr V... lol

Timmm
Back to top Go down
timmm

timmm

PostSubject: Re: Wrecked Last Edition for sale on EBay    number - Wrecked Last Edition for sale on EBay  EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 3:02 pm

Ive messaged the seller of this bus on eBay and hes replied in German.

He dosnt know how bad i am in English on Kombi's never mind German.....hahaha.

Timmm
Back to top Go down
RayC

RayC

PostSubject: Re: Wrecked Last Edition for sale on EBay    number - Wrecked Last Edition for sale on EBay  EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 3:03 pm

its less import papers too so pretty useless for reshelling as it will need donor car detials, worth noting its number 222/1200 which is a shame as its a nice round number if you are OCD about that sort of thing! my WRX Type R was number 234/1000 but Subaru never made a number 013 Very Happy
Back to top Go down
RayC

RayC

PostSubject: Re: Wrecked Last Edition for sale on EBay    number - Wrecked Last Edition for sale on EBay  EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 3:07 pm

timm its goosed we will have to let it die I'm afraid pale

I can probably get you a shell if you really want one but I wouldn't trust any part of it, the force must have been huge and it will have been tied down front and back so even the rear subframe could be suspect, looking at the bend in the door closure even the underneath components and possibly seat frames are suspect once bent the annealing in metal like that is not undoable your paying for some garage and desk ornaments Sad
Back to top Go down
timmm

timmm

PostSubject: Re: Wrecked Last Edition for sale on EBay    number - Wrecked Last Edition for sale on EBay  EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 8:52 pm

That'll do for me RayC.
I know you know your stuff.
Like they say on the dragons den.........
Tell you where I am on this one.....I'm out!

Timmm
Back to top Go down
RayC

RayC

PostSubject: Re: Wrecked Last Edition for sale on EBay    number - Wrecked Last Edition for sale on EBay  EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 11:46 am

I know its sad hurts me too but got to face reality on this one Sad
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Wrecked Last Edition for sale on EBay    number - Wrecked Last Edition for sale on EBay  EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 1:10 pm

Just sold for £7917 on eBay. Let's hope it was either just for parts or to become something unusual. Idea

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
timmm

timmm

PostSubject: Re: Wrecked Last Edition for sale on EBay    number - Wrecked Last Edition for sale on EBay  EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 2:09 pm

I messaged this chap on ebay over his bus.... and was definitely going to have a shot at it, he told me i could get the bits i needed from Brazil... so thanks for the feedback on it guys.... might have purchased a bit of a problem there..

Timmm
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Wrecked Last Edition for sale on EBay    number - Wrecked Last Edition for sale on EBay  EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 3:06 pm

timmm wrote:
I messaged this chap on ebay over his bus.... and was definitely going to have a shot at it, he told me i could get the bits i needed from Brazil... so thanks for the feedback on it guys.... might have purchased a bit of a problem there..

So you've bought this have you?

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
timmm

timmm

PostSubject: Re: Wrecked Last Edition for sale on EBay    number - Wrecked Last Edition for sale on EBay  EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 5:34 pm

noooo.... was going to, and got into dialogue with the seller over it but then listening to you guys i thought better of it and decided not to go ahead.

The seller contacted me again over the weekend offering it to me still? i wonder why if it had sold?

Timmm
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Wrecked Last Edition for sale on EBay    number - Wrecked Last Edition for sale on EBay  EmptyFri Oct 21, 2016 5:37 pm

You've got a sharper LE all round now Timmm!

Less detailing required!! lol!

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wrecked Last Edition for sale on EBay    number - Wrecked Last Edition for sale on EBay  Empty

Back to top Go down

Wrecked Last Edition for sale on EBay
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next