brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Automatic or Manual - Help!!

Go down 
+2
RayC
beakyboy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
beakyboy

beakyboy

Cabin : Flight 019

Automatic or Manual - Help!! Empty
PostSubject: Automatic or Manual - Help!!   Automatic or Manual - Help!! EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 3:38 am

It's time to change my company car and the Chairman of the Company is insistent that whatever car I choose it must be an automatic.

To date I've only driven an automatic car as a courtesy car whilst mines been in for a service and I didn't really have it long enough to make an informed judgement.

So my dear friends should I stand my ground and ask for another manual or should I comply and go for an automatic?

________________________________________________________________________________
Steve,  Jo  TigerLily and Carra the Child lovin' Golden Cocker  sunny
Back to top Go down
RayC

RayC

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: Automatic or Manual - Help!!   Automatic or Manual - Help!! EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 3:48 am

DSG Smile I do lots of testing on BMW's and VW products no issue as long as it has paddles so you can take over, better still if you can get one with ACC - adaptive cruise it brakes for you and follows car in front great on busy motorways and long drives works better with auto box

if its a 1.0 polo with slush box though I would stand your ground!
Back to top Go down
http://treadltd@gmail.com
beakyboy

beakyboy

PostSubject: Re: Automatic or Manual - Help!!   Automatic or Manual - Help!! EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 4:00 am

Thanks RayC , looking at the BMW 5 Series at the moment so have the option of paddles on that model..

________________________________________________________________________________
Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

Cabin : Exec 013

PostSubject: Re: Automatic or Manual - Help!!   Automatic or Manual - Help!! EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 4:42 am

I've had automatic for years now (as befits a gentleman of my advanced years). I'd never go back to a manual unless I had to. I've got paddles on my Disco but no idea why, it's a Landrover fgs. They're a flipping nuisance.

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder

Blog: C13MPR

Finalist in the Caravan Club Caravanner of the Year Competition 2016

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
http://www.c13mpr.com
beakyboy

beakyboy

PostSubject: Re: Automatic or Manual - Help!!   Automatic or Manual - Help!! EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 4:56 am

Thanks Abs, a few colleagues with auto's have said the same but still not sure it's time for pipe and slippers yet Laughing

Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: Automatic or Manual - Help!!   Automatic or Manual - Help!! EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 5:17 am

You've got 2 other manual vehicles in the house so give yourself the option! Current auto boxes are so flexible it's rude not to have one. Plus any luxury car is worth considerably less at resale if it's manual so from a financial pov it's the right thing to do.

Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Automatic or Manual - Help!! Melogo11
Back to top Go down
beakyboy

beakyboy

PostSubject: Re: Automatic or Manual - Help!!   Automatic or Manual - Help!! EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 6:31 am

Great advice boss , felt the resale would be his motive but hadn't got around to looking into it.. Pretty sure I'll take the plunge just take a bit of getting used too

Back to top Go down
harryhornet

harryhornet

Cabin : Exec 027

PostSubject: Re: Automatic or Manual - Help!!   Automatic or Manual - Help!! EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 6:33 am

My last 3 daily drivers have all had the DSG VW gearbox and I would never go back to manual. It also makes driving my Kombi a very different experience. Go with the Chairman's advice - you won't regret it.
Back to top Go down
beakyboy

beakyboy

PostSubject: Re: Automatic or Manual - Help!!   Automatic or Manual - Help!! EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 8:04 am

Cheers HH , first thought was about the Kombi and how it might affect my driving experience..

Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: Automatic or Manual - Help!!   Automatic or Manual - Help!! EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 10:26 am

You will appreciate driving your Kombi more!

Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Automatic or Manual - Help!! Melogo11
Back to top Go down
beakyboy

beakyboy

PostSubject: Re: Automatic or Manual - Help!!   Automatic or Manual - Help!! EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 9:41 pm

Cool !!
Cheers guys made the call and plumped for the Auto , anticipate it'll be March/April til it arrives , will update you accordingly..

Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

PostSubject: Re: Automatic or Manual - Help!!   Automatic or Manual - Help!! EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 12:21 am

Only just seeing this post now  . . .
There is nothing wrong with autos - far from it, as others have said and we have had them in the past, but in today's 'taxing' environment it does have an impact.
We have both gone through recent company car changes and we considered autos.
However, our goal this time around was to seek low emissions and a low price (within reason) in order to minimise our tax bill - hence we did not opt for autos.
Hope you enjoy the more relaxing drive you can have with the auto, but we think you might just enjoy your manual Kombi ride a little more!

Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
beakyboy

beakyboy

PostSubject: Re: Automatic or Manual - Help!!   Automatic or Manual - Help!! EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 3:47 am

Thanks Scooby , I like you was intending on trying to reduce my tax bill , however my boss was keen on upgrading my car so I felt a little pressured to accept and take the tax hit. Having said that i'm not complaining I'll have a lovely new car that I wouldn't otherwise have and am sure it will only enhance my love of driving the kombi.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Automatic or Manual - Help!!   Automatic or Manual - Help!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Automatic or Manual - Help!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
brazilianvwbay.com :: The Usual Stuff :: General Discussion-
Jump to: