brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Bays for Mexican market

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Andy

Cabin : Club

Bays for Mexican market Empty
PostSubject: Bays for Mexican market   Bays for Mexican market EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 10:03 pm

I was reading through stuff about Brazilian made bays, and apparently until very recently they also made some in Brazil but which were for the Mexican market, and rather than the 1.4 Polo type engine, they get a water cooled 1.8 like a Mk2 Golf engine with a few more emissions bits on it.

Just wondered if anyone on here has one or has come across one in the UK?

I did also have a look on the VW Downunder site, and downloaded the brochure for their Relic and Tourer, and in there it mentions they are a 1.8 Water Cooled, but didnt know if that was just a typo, or if they were using the Mexican market vehicles.
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: Bays for Mexican market   Bays for Mexican market EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 4:37 am

I've never seen a late build Mexican T2 here in the UK - but that doesn't mean there isn't one. The Mexican T2 became water-cooled a lot earlier than the Brazilian T2, hence its use of the 1.8 engine.

There are a number of folk on here who were supplied vehicles by VW Downunder - anyone got the 1.8 engine?

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Bays for Mexican market Melogo11
Back to top Go down
eddy

eddy

Cabin : Exec 014

PostSubject: Re: Bays for Mexican market   Bays for Mexican market EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 8:48 pm

andy, tim,

i can confirm that was a typo in the vw downunder brochure, i pointed it out to Paul when i first got hold of the brochure, i have a vw downunder "relica" and it is a 1400,

regards,

eddy
Back to top Go down
olive

olive

PostSubject: Re: Bays for Mexican market   Bays for Mexican market EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 9:18 pm

Eddy, I guess you use Paul to od your servicing? If you do how do you rate them?
Back to top Go down
eddy

eddy

Cabin : Exec 014

PostSubject: Re: Bays for Mexican market   Bays for Mexican market EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 9:53 pm

olive,

yes only had one service so far, next one due in a month, will be going back to paul, pleased with them and as far as i remember a reasonable price. also big bonus they are only 15 minutes drive away,

regards,

eddy
Back to top Go down
olive

olive

PostSubject: Re: Bays for Mexican market   Bays for Mexican market EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 9:56 pm

Same here, he serviced Olive earlier in the year, found out lots of stuff wrong with the van but sorted it straight away with no fuss or additional cost. We garage Olive for the winter so will take her to Paul next month for a tidy up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bays for Mexican market   Bays for Mexican market Empty

Back to top Go down

Bays for Mexican market
Page 1 of 1