brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Do you cover your Bay?

Go down 
+3
bob k
dazdub
TimV
7 posters
AuthorMessage
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

Do you cover your Bay? Empty
PostSubject: Do you cover your Bay?   Do you cover your Bay? EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 9:46 pm

As I write this I'm about a third the way through building a carport I've bought specifically to house my T2. It was clear the day I brought Max home that he'd never go in the garage as he's too high. I contemplated a custom cover but as I use my Bay on such a frequent basis it'd be impossible to continually get a cover on and off.

So do you keep your Bay inside, covered in some way or does it have to sit out in whatever the weather throws at it?

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Do you cover your Bay? Melogo11
Back to top Go down
dazdub

dazdub

Cabin : Exec 012

PostSubject: Re: Do you cover your Bay?   Do you cover your Bay? EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 5:49 pm

my bay is stored in garage Sleep
Back to top Go down
bob k

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: Do you cover your Bay?   Do you cover your Bay? EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 9:22 pm

we keep ours outside as it is used as a 2nd car unfortunatly we donot have room for a carport or garage as we are very poor (since buying our van!!)
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Do you cover your Bay?   Do you cover your Bay? EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 9:15 am

Tell me about it Bob. I bought my Brazilian T2 because I thought it would be cheaper in the long run. But now I can't help buying accessories/gifts for it - the carport is the latest and the most expensive!! But Max is worth it Very Happy

dazdub you're lucky you have a garage big enough to get your Bay into! Jealous.

________________________________________________________________________________
@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
Malcolm Eales

Malcolm Eales

Cabin : Economy

PostSubject: Re: Do you cover your Bay?   Do you cover your Bay? EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 8:56 pm

No, Petal is out in all weathers. I've got a garage but it's not high enough for Petal and I gave up using it for cars over 20 years ago - too much bother :-)
Back to top Go down
http://malcolm@cheerful.com
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Do you cover your Bay?   Do you cover your Bay? EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 9:09 pm

Well tonight Max got into his new hut Wink
Do you cover your Bay? Carpor10

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
jj123vw

jj123vw

Cabin : Business

PostSubject: Re: Do you cover your Bay?   Do you cover your Bay? EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 4:40 pm

Hi Tim - Max looks great in your new car port! I use a garage but next year Danbury will be offering a fantastic 'all weather' cover to fit the Brazilian bay exactly. I also recommend the 'Diamond bright' finish/polish we offer. This lasts for a minimum of SIX years on the vehicle paint work and helps to protect it from acid rain, pollution, bird pooh etc aswell as light stone chips etc. We also treat the interior (cloth or leather) with a SIX year 'scotchgurad like' cream / spray so if food and drink are spilt it wont damage the seats. Ive used the product on all my cars and bikes for many years and it really is great aswell as adding value to the vehicle as it makes it look like new for many years and saves you having to buy and use all that polish! More time left to drive it instead! Jason. www.danburymotorcaravans.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.danburymotorcaravans.com
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Do you cover your Bay?   Do you cover your Bay? EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 5:16 pm

Thanks Jason. My experience and opinion of Diamondbrite is the complete opposite. I had it on a brand new Honda in 2002 and it failed to live up to the expectations and promises. I even had the guys come back and do it again. You can't beat a decent wax. I use Mer regularly on the Bay as it can be applied with the vehicle wet - plus it can go on everything - bodywork, chrome, stainless steel, rubber and glass - although it's not recommended for the windscreen. Then every now and then I treat Max to a coat of Meguiars Gold Class Wax - the van smells of it as you get near - perfect water beading and that does help prevent light scratches. I cannot see how any "treatment" other than those stick on cellophane guards can prevent stonechips - it just ain't gonna happen.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
Malcolm Eales

Malcolm Eales

PostSubject: Re: Do you cover your Bay?   Do you cover your Bay? EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 8:35 pm

Treatment on my upholstery didn't stop a greasy palmprint at a recent service!!!
Tim, nice home for Max. I see he likes a light left on when he goes to bed lol.
Back to top Go down
http://malcolm@cheerful.com
jj123vw

jj123vw

Cabin : Business

PostSubject: Re: Do you cover your Bay?   Do you cover your Bay? EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 2:42 pm

Hi Malcolm - If your saying that one of the service guys left a finger print on your seat we are sorry (we do cover the seat with a seat cover but we do need to lub various points around the car as part of the service) . Please show me when your here next and we will get our valeter to clean this off for you. Nice pic you've got on the gallery and nice to see it looking so smart with the 'flower power' stickers! Kind regards-Jason
Back to top Go down
http://www.danburymotorcaravans.com
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Do you cover your Bay?   Do you cover your Bay? EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 5:31 pm

Malcolm Eales wrote:
Tim, nice home for Max. I see he likes a light left on when he goes to bed lol.

He's only 5 - he's only just started sleeping in his own room Wink

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
billyelaine

billyelaine

PostSubject: Re: Do you cover your Bay?   Do you cover your Bay? EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 9:56 pm

Hi
We have taken all the mechanisms off our up and over garage door, taken a wooden overhead panel out and put a wooden batten on the bottom of the garage door. Gave us 2 extra iches and Madge squeezes through with 1cm to spare!! Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Do you cover your Bay?   Do you cover your Bay? EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 10:36 pm

Good effort!!

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you cover your Bay?   Do you cover your Bay? EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 9:03 pm

Hi

Our Bay has to live outside, currently covered in snow despite my best efforts!

Does anyone use a cover to protect their Bay from the elements? I notice that Just Kampers have a cover available. Would using such a cover put the paintwork at risk of being scratched or rubbed and would the cover be able to cover our spare wheel which we have attached to the rear?

Dave
Back to top Go down
dartmoor

dartmoor

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: Do you cover your Bay?   Do you cover your Bay? EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 10:03 pm

Birmingham Dave wrote:
Hi

Our Bay has to live outside, currently covered in snow despite my best efforts!

Does anyone use a cover to protect their Bay from the elements? I notice that Just Kampers have a cover available. Would using such a cover put the paintwork at risk of being scratched or rubbed and would the cover be able to cover our spare wheel which we have attached to the rear?

Dave

I have a JK cover - fits over the spare wheel at the front with no problem. Time will tell on the paint - I wanted to protect mine from the worst of the elements.
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Do you cover your Bay?   Do you cover your Bay? EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 12:31 am

I think the crucial thing about covers is not to put them on if your Bay is filthy. Dirt on the paintwork will get gently rubbed into the paintwork by a cover if there's enough of it - which may cause minor scratching. Also vehicles can sweat under a cover so it's good to make sure there's plenty of ventilation.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you cover your Bay?   Do you cover your Bay? Empty

Back to top Go down

Do you cover your Bay?
Page 1 of 1