brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Dub Aid 5 March 18th to 20th

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Scooby

Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

Dub Aid 5 March 18th to 20th Empty
PostSubject: Dub Aid 5 March 18th to 20th   Dub Aid 5 March 18th to 20th EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 1:22 pm

For those who may be interested:

Dub Aid 5

________________________________________________________________________________
Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
Bumble

Bumble

Cabin : Exec 049

PostSubject: Re: Dub Aid 5 March 18th to 20th   Dub Aid 5 March 18th to 20th EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 5:19 pm

I went this year for a reccie in my car and stayed overnight in a B n B in Brackley. It was bitterly cold and there were not many stalls.....I think it took me about half an hour to walk round and then warmed up with a coffee. It might get bigger year on year but as it stands I wouldn't make a long journey again to visit it or block out a whole day but if you are fairly local you might be more interested to pop by and it's good to support charity events. I prefer larger events if I have gone a long distance to make it more worthwhile and I prefer sunnier warmer ones of they are outdoors! Mrs B..
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

PostSubject: Re: Dub Aid 5 March 18th to 20th   Dub Aid 5 March 18th to 20th EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 1:42 pm

Bumble
How would you compare Dubs in the Forest to this event.
ie. number of stands, food stalls, campers attending?

________________________________________________________________________________

Back to top Go down
Bumble

Bumble

Cabin : Exec 049

PostSubject: Re: Dub Aid 5 March 18th to 20th   Dub Aid 5 March 18th to 20th EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 4:47 pm

Nothing like the vibe at Ditf at all. Can't remember anyone camping. I was there soon after it opened in morning and already some visitors were leaving. There were a few show and shines at the entrance and a juice van and a coffee van. There were probably about the same number of stalls but once I had gone round them there wss nothing left to do except try to warm up with a coffee. I personally think they should do it later in the season like Endless Summer so you can at least have a picnic. To be honest I didn't enjoy it especially as I had gone such a distance. I wasn't in Bumble so I couldnt shelter in her and I was on my own so noone to talk to.......except the really friendly juice man with dreadlocks. Perhaps it got better in afternoon but for me there wasn't enough to do as I couldn't go back to Bumble to chill........the only chilling I did was the freezing weather kind!

Last edited by Bumble on Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Just had a look back at my photos....there were about 10 vans camping...a couple of portalòos. Can't see food vans in my photos but I took a photo of a bakery van.)
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

PostSubject: Re: Dub Aid 5 March 18th to 20th   Dub Aid 5 March 18th to 20th EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 5:06 pm

OK thanks for the information and 'chilling' comment.
We went to the first three Dub Aids and enjoyed them all, but they were in different locations.
At that time of the year, the weather can obviously play a big part in the enjoyment of the show.
With regard to camping, we are sure there were camping vans on site somewhere - perhaps not open to the general public.
Choosing a different date that does not clash with other shows is always tricky - think they must prefer an early event in the season.
Either way, the Dub Aid show continues to raise thousands for charity, so they must be doing something right!
May consider going to one again in the next couple of years.

Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

PostSubject: Re: Dub Aid 5 March 18th to 20th   Dub Aid 5 March 18th to 20th EmptyThu Feb 25, 2016 1:38 pm

Anyone considering this event?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dub Aid 5 March 18th to 20th   Dub Aid 5 March 18th to 20th Empty

Back to top Go down

Dub Aid 5 March 18th to 20th
Page 1 of 1