brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Petal passes her first test!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Malcolm Eales

Malcolm Eales

Cabin : Economy

Petal passes her first test!  Empty
PostSubject: Petal passes her first test!    Petal passes her first test!  EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 9:13 pm

Just 2 advisories, a binding rear brake and a little play in a front wheel bearing, both easily adjusted at the minor service. As was the steering box, perhaps my imagination but the steering seems firmer now than when new Rolling Eyes Bad news was that the front discs were worn down to the wear limit indicators and needed replacing at £115 + vat + labour! Brake pads were changed 2500 miles ago and apparently they have a harder material. Perhaps that speeded up the demise of the discs? 47 years of driving and probably well over half a million miles and this is the first time I've had worn out discs. Other bad news was the bill, minor service + mot + discs + labour + vat = £490 Surprised
Back to top Go down
http://malcolm@cheerful.com
kiteman

kiteman

Cabin : Exec 002

PostSubject: Re: Petal passes her first test!    Petal passes her first test!  EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 9:24 pm

At least you've got another year happy cruzin in da bus \|||_

________________________________________________________________________________
Petal passes her first test!  Img_4810

Ginger man without a ginger van  sunny
Back to top Go down
dazdub

dazdub

Cabin : Exec 012

PostSubject: Re: Petal passes her first test!    Petal passes her first test!  EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 8:36 am

Hi discs at gsf £34.66 each+vat but you get 10% off thanks tim but last time I was in gsf brum got £200 worth of bits got 15% off Smile
Back to top Go down
Malcolm Eales

Malcolm Eales

PostSubject: Disc prices   Petal passes her first test!  EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 8:51 am

Ouch! Rolling Eyes that's quite a difference. I can still do some work on Petal but not brakes, I have to leave that to the professionals and Petal's guarantee runs out in a week Cool
Back to top Go down
olive

olive

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: Petal passes her first test!    Petal passes her first test!  EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 7:26 pm

Hi Malcolm,

I guess you have had all of your servicing carried out by Danbury, can you let us have a summary of what you have had done at the services and what has it cost over the three year period. Also as you have now nearly completed your 3 year warranty are Danbury offering an extended warranty and if so what is the cost?
Thanks
Back to top Go down
Malcolm Eales

Malcolm Eales

PostSubject: Servicing costs   Petal passes her first test!  EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 8:29 pm

Hi, round figure £5000 total for 12 services in the 3 years and 71000 kms including the 3 expensive ones posted on here. They didn't offer me an extended warranty but then what is an extension of the 'mechanical warranty' worth?
Back to top Go down
olive

olive

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: Petal passes her first test!    Petal passes her first test!  EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 9:21 pm

Malcolm Eales wrote:
Hi, round figure £5000 total for 12 services in the 3 years and 71000 kms including the 3 expensive ones posted on here. They didn't offer me an extended warranty but then what is an extension of the 'mechanical warranty' worth?

Wow!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Petal passes her first test!    Petal passes her first test!  Empty

Back to top Go down

Petal passes her first test!
Page 1 of 1