brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Funky Leisure Sun Canopies

Go down 
+7
harryhornet
gordonmac
dizzylizard
beakyboy
Scooby
Surfwagen Stan
Tallulah
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Tallulah

Tallulah

Cabin : Flight 011

Funky Leisure Sun Canopies Empty
PostSubject: Funky Leisure Sun Canopies   Funky Leisure Sun Canopies EmptyTue Mar 22, 2016 7:48 pm

Just browsing new season camping goodies and noticed that Funky Leisure have once again tinkered with the design of their sun canopy which is available in 4 colours.

They are currently offering 20% discount with next day despatch.

Worth a look if you're in the market for a sun canopy - also useful to keep things dry!

Funky Leisure Sun Canopy

________________________________________________________________________________
www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Twitter: @AlpineGrove
Facebook: facebook.com/alpinegrovetouringpark
                                                      Former owners of the amazing Tallulah (2011 to 2021)
Proud winners of Spikes Trophy, 2016.
Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
http://www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Surfwagen Stan

Surfwagen Stan

Cabin : Exec 047

PostSubject: Re: Funky Leisure Sun Canopies   Funky Leisure Sun Canopies EmptyTue Mar 22, 2016 10:06 pm

They now offer a shorter length sun canopy to take into account those of us with roof racks!

Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Tallulah

PostSubject: Re: Funky Leisure Sun Canopies   Funky Leisure Sun Canopies EmptyTue Mar 22, 2016 10:52 pm

Surfwagen Stan wrote:
They now offer a shorter length sun canopy to take into account those of us with roof racks!

Result!

________________________________________________________________________________
Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

PostSubject: Re: Funky Leisure Sun Canopies   Funky Leisure Sun Canopies EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 9:16 am

We like our Funky Leisure sun canopy - have removed our rack to accommodate the full length canopy
See pic below from last year's Sleepover
Funky Leisure Sun Canopies Untitl11

Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Tallulah

PostSubject: Re: Funky Leisure Sun Canopies   Funky Leisure Sun Canopies EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 10:00 am

We now have a selection of canopies for different occasions and like them all!

Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
beakyboy

beakyboy

Cabin : Flight 019

PostSubject: Re: Funky Leisure Sun Canopies   Funky Leisure Sun Canopies EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 10:26 am

Surfwagen Stan wrote:

I'd be interested in a shorter one as I brought a full length one and have had to make alterations due to the roof rack. I can only see one size option on their website @Surfwagen Stan so any pointers in the right direction would be appreciated!

I also fancy a crack at erecting it free standing as shown on their website. Might have to have a play around in the front garden over the weekend!

Steve,  Jo  TigerLily and Carra the Child lovin' Golden Cocker  sunny
Back to top Go down
dizzylizard

dizzylizard

Cabin : Exec 018

PostSubject: Re: Funky Leisure Sun Canopies   Funky Leisure Sun Canopies EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 5:53 pm

I'm glad I bought one a couple of years ago, they don't seem to do them in green now. You can't see from the photo, but I had my roof rack fitted, and I used figure of eight, with a short strip to fit between the legs of the rack.

Funky Leisure Sun Canopies Imgp1510

I know some don't like figure of eight, mainly due to the fact that the kombi gutter is so thin, it doesn't grip, but I bought some gutter bulk strip from Fishbrain (which doesn't exist anymore) and found it much better.

Funky Leisure Sun Canopies Imgp2418

Funky Leisure Sun Canopies Imgp2419

It is a handy way of attaching the canopy if you are only stopping for a couple of hours and don't want to put the roof up to accommodate the pole and clamp.

I think the canopy is now shorter at the back so it can be attached with a roof rack as explained here.......

http://www.funkyleisure.co.uk/blog/2015/07/02/funky-leisure-vw-camper-sun-canopy-awning-features/

I also find these useful if you are doing a freestanding version, and want to add extra guide-lines without damaging the fabric

http://www.clingons.co.uk/uses.html

(They have all sorts of uses if you have a tarp or couple of ponchos for building a bivvy etc) Smile
Back to top Go down
Surfwagen Stan

Surfwagen Stan

Cabin : Exec 047

PostSubject: Re: Funky Leisure Sun Canopies   Funky Leisure Sun Canopies EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 7:21 pm

From memory the original awning was 300cm along the van edge. The revised one is shorter 60cm shorter. I am visiting them next week so will check.
Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Tallulah

PostSubject: Re: Funky Leisure Sun Canopies   Funky Leisure Sun Canopies EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 7:34 pm

Surfwagen Stan wrote:
From memory the original awning was 300cm along the van edge.  The revised one is shorter 60cm shorter.  I am visiting them next week so will check.

That's right, 2.4m along the attached edge, 3m along the outside edge.

Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
beakyboy

beakyboy

Cabin : Flight 019

PostSubject: Re: Funky Leisure Sun Canopies   Funky Leisure Sun Canopies EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 8:23 pm

yep the originals are bigger 3m Wide so guess what our first proper purchase of the year will be. Thanks for heads up @tallulah and @surfwagenstan

Steve,  Jo  TigerLily and Carra the Child lovin' Golden Cocker  sunny
Back to top Go down
gordonmac

gordonmac

Cabin : Exec 029

PostSubject: Re: Funky Leisure Sun Canopies   Funky Leisure Sun Canopies EmptyThu Mar 24, 2016 8:11 am

Are they difficult to put up? 10 minutes seems a long time! Am quite tempted though.
Back to top Go down
harryhornet

harryhornet

Cabin : Exec 027

PostSubject: Re: Funky Leisure Sun Canopies   Funky Leisure Sun Canopies EmptyThu Mar 24, 2016 8:35 am

gordonmac wrote:
Are they difficult to put up? 10 minutes seems a long time!  Am quite tempted though.

No, not difficult at all. I can go from bag to bus in 9 minutes !
Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

Cabin : Exec 013

PostSubject: Re: Funky Leisure Sun Canopies   Funky Leisure Sun Canopies EmptyThu Mar 24, 2016 10:06 am

We got a green one before they stopped making them:

Funky Leisure Sun Canopies Masons10

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder

Blog: C13MPR

Finalist in the Caravan Club Caravanner of the Year Competition 2016

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
http://www.c13mpr.com
Tallulah

Tallulah

PostSubject: Re: Funky Leisure Sun Canopies   Funky Leisure Sun Canopies EmptyThu Mar 24, 2016 10:40 am

gordonmac wrote:
Are they difficult to put up? 10 minutes seems a long time!  Am quite tempted though.

It's easier (obviously) with two people but I've put ours up on my own plenty of times. It's very easy, I just lay everything out in its approx position first so when I need it its all there ready.

Tougher when it's windy, I nearly turned into Kiteman on one occasion, the only thing missing were the dreads!

Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
Voyager

Voyager

Cabin : Flight 044

PostSubject: Re: Funky Leisure Sun Canopies   Funky Leisure Sun Canopies EmptyThu Mar 24, 2016 11:29 am

dizzylizard wrote:
I'm glad I bought one a couple of years ago, they don't seem to do them in green now. You can't see from the photo, but I had my roof rack fitted, and I used figure of eight, with a short strip to fit between the legs of the rack.

Funky Leisure Sun Canopies Imgp1510

I know some don't like figure of eight, mainly due to the fact that the kombi gutter is so thin, it doesn't grip, but I bought some gutter bulk strip from Fishbrain (which doesn't exist anymore) and found it much better.

Funky Leisure Sun Canopies Imgp2418

Funky Leisure Sun Canopies Imgp2419

It is a handy way of attaching the canopy if you are only stopping for a couple of hours and don't want to put the roof up to accommodate the pole and clamp.

I think the canopy is now shorter at the back so it can be attached with a roof rack as explained here.......

http://www.funkyleisure.co.uk/blog/2015/07/02/funky-leisure-vw-camper-sun-canopy-awning-features/

I also find these useful if you are doing a freestanding version, and want to add extra guide-lines without damaging the fabric

http://www.clingons.co.uk/uses.html

(They have all sorts of uses if you have a tarp or couple of ponchos for building a bivvy etc) Smile

I assume that Fishbrain bought the gutter bulk strip rather than manufacture it themselves. Does anyone have any idea where it might still be available? Presumably it is manufactured for some other purpose, but just happens to do the job.
Back to top Go down
harryhornet

harryhornet

PostSubject: Re: Funky Leisure Sun Canopies   Funky Leisure Sun Canopies EmptyThu Mar 24, 2016 12:00 pm

@t24fun sourced a supplier of these last year. It might be worth sending them a PM.
Back to top Go down
jill

jill

Cabin : Economy

PostSubject: Re: Funky Leisure Sun Canopies   Funky Leisure Sun Canopies EmptyFri Mar 25, 2016 8:01 pm

Hi

We have a Bus Shelter awning if anyone is interested.

It is advertised on their website as Maroon ,( it's a dark red colour.) New it is £120 but would be happy to sell for half. We used it a couple of times and is in perfect condition.
Just pm me , Thanks Jill
Back to top Go down
Marjorie71

PostSubject: Re: Funky Leisure Sun Canopies   Funky Leisure Sun Canopies EmptyThu May 12, 2016 10:57 am

Hi Jill, is there any reason you're selling this one? Are they not any good. We are torn between that and the funky leisure one. Is yours still for sale?
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

PostSubject: Re: Funky Leisure Sun Canopies   Funky Leisure Sun Canopies EmptyThu May 12, 2016 11:31 am

Link to Bus Shelter: Bus Shelter

Link to Funky Leisure: Funky Leisure

We like our large Funky Leisure canopy (for use without the rack)

Funky Leisure Sun Canopies Img_2910

Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

PostSubject: Re: Funky Leisure Sun Canopies   Funky Leisure Sun Canopies EmptyThu May 12, 2016 11:40 am

Marjorie - Jill has sold her van. I think that will be the reason.

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
Voyager

Voyager

Cabin : Flight 044

PostSubject: Re: Funky Leisure Sun Canopies   Funky Leisure Sun Canopies EmptyThu May 12, 2016 11:41 am

Marjorie71 wrote:
Hi Jill, is there any reason you're selling this one? Are they not any good. We are torn between that and the funky leisure one. Is yours still for sale?

Jill has sold her van, hence the sale. Hopefully she will reply to you anyway.
Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

PostSubject: Re: Funky Leisure Sun Canopies   Funky Leisure Sun Canopies EmptyThu May 12, 2016 4:30 pm

We've got a new Puck Buddies awning.

Funky Leisure Sun Canopies Image13

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
harryhornet

harryhornet

PostSubject: Re: Funky Leisure Sun Canopies   Funky Leisure Sun Canopies EmptyThu May 12, 2016 4:42 pm

AbsintheKombi wrote:
We've got a new Puck Buddies awning.

Funky Leisure Sun Canopies Image13

Really like that and the colours work well with Absinthe.
Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

PostSubject: Re: Funky Leisure Sun Canopies   Funky Leisure Sun Canopies EmptyThu May 12, 2016 5:04 pm

Funky Leisure Sun Canopies Image14

Inside, looking out.

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
jill

jill

PostSubject: Re: Funky Leisure Sun Canopies   Funky Leisure Sun Canopies EmptyThu May 12, 2016 5:58 pm

Hi
Yes I'm afraid sadly we did sell our camper.

The awning was great. Good quality and I think I bought it on other peoples recommendation.

I really like yours Martin.

Jill
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Funky Leisure Sun Canopies   Funky Leisure Sun Canopies Empty

Back to top Go down

Funky Leisure Sun Canopies
Page 1 of 1