brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Another Brazilian VW Bay on the telly: Monte-Carlo or Bust

Go down 
+3
olive
Matt
TimV
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

Another Brazilian VW Bay on the telly: Monte-Carlo or Bust Empty
PostSubject: Another Brazilian VW Bay on the telly: Monte-Carlo or Bust   Another Brazilian VW Bay on the telly: Monte-Carlo or Bust EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 11:55 pm

Starting October 28th at 9pm on ITV1

Interestingly an acquaintance of mine, who is a telly production assistant, asked me over a year ago if I'd like to hire my BraziBay to a tv company for this show. All I was told was that 2 yet-to-be determined celebs were going to be driving the camper down to Monte-Carlo and then the Bay would need to be collected from the South of France by the owner. I thought about it for a second and then declined. Working in the industry, the idea that my beloved Kombi could potentially get into the hands of let's say, Amy Winehouse and Pete Doherty filled me with dread. I suggested they try a Brazilian Bay hire company.

As it turns out the celebs are decent ones: Adrian Edmondson and Jack Dee.

I still wouldn't have been able to deal with my BraziBay not being in my care! Plus let's not forget what Vivien did with that Ford Anglia.

Here's some info about the show:

Monte-Carlo or Bust

I wonder whose BraziBay they ended up using? Hope it's ok. Did they take a spare gearstick?!

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Another Brazilian VW Bay on the telly: Monte-Carlo or Bust Melogo11
Back to top Go down
Matt

Matt

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: Another Brazilian VW Bay on the telly: Monte-Carlo or Bust   Another Brazilian VW Bay on the telly: Monte-Carlo or Bust EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 12:08 am

We had someone ask to hire ours and a driver for their wedding. When we looked into it we found it would invalidate the insurance.

________________________________________________________________________________
Matt.

Another Brazilian VW Bay on the telly: Monte-Carlo or Bust Img_2014
Back to top Go down
olive

olive

PostSubject: Re: Another Brazilian VW Bay on the telly: Monte-Carlo or Bust   Another Brazilian VW Bay on the telly: Monte-Carlo or Bust EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 8:32 am

TimV wrote:
Starting October 28th at 9pm on ITV1

Interestingly an acquaintance of mine, who is a telly production assistant, asked me over a year ago if I'd like to hire my BraziBay to a tv company for this show. All I was told was that 2 yet-to-be determined celebs were going to be driving the camper down to Monte-Carlo and then the Bay would need to be collected from the South of France by the owner. I thought about it for a second and then declined. Working in the industry, the idea that my beloved Kombi could potentially get into the hands of let's say, Amy Winehouse and Pete Doherty filled me with dread. I suggested they try a Brazilian Bay hire company.

As it turns out the celebs are decent ones: Adrian Edmondson and Jack Dee.

I still wouldn't have been able to deal with my BraziBay not being in my care! Plus let's not forget what Vivien did with that Ford Anglia.

Here's some info about the show:

Monte-Carlo or Bust

I wonder whose BraziBay they ended up using? Hope it's ok. Did they take a spare gearstick?!

Seen the trailer for the show last week.
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Another Brazilian VW Bay on the telly: Monte-Carlo or Bust   Another Brazilian VW Bay on the telly: Monte-Carlo or Bust EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 9:08 pm

Ah .... guess what .... the Bay came direct from Danbury.

Wouldn't want to buy that one.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Another Brazilian VW Bay on the telly: Monte-Carlo or Bust   Another Brazilian VW Bay on the telly: Monte-Carlo or Bust EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 12:14 pm

Don't forget the show starts tonight.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Another Brazilian VW Bay on the telly: Monte-Carlo or Bust   Another Brazilian VW Bay on the telly: Monte-Carlo or Bust EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 9:00 pm

Yep me too - a BraziBay in HD!! Cool

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
irishman

irishman

Cabin : Exec 003

PostSubject: Re: Another Brazilian VW Bay on the telly: Monte-Carlo or Bust   Another Brazilian VW Bay on the telly: Monte-Carlo or Bust EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 9:39 pm

They are pretty cooool!!!
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Another Brazilian VW Bay on the telly: Monte-Carlo or Bust   Another Brazilian VW Bay on the telly: Monte-Carlo or Bust EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 9:41 pm

Kerbed on day 1 I bet!

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Another Brazilian VW Bay on the telly: Monte-Carlo or Bust   Another Brazilian VW Bay on the telly: Monte-Carlo or Bust EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 9:42 pm

Haven't heard them moan about the steering yet Wink

Bet it's got pas.

Jason?

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
irishman

irishman

Cabin : Exec 003

PostSubject: Re: Another Brazilian VW Bay on the telly: Monte-Carlo or Bust   Another Brazilian VW Bay on the telly: Monte-Carlo or Bust EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 9:46 pm

Must have, just watch them, not moving thier hands at all!!!!
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Another Brazilian VW Bay on the telly: Monte-Carlo or Bust   Another Brazilian VW Bay on the telly: Monte-Carlo or Bust EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 9:52 pm

Also weird they gave them a rhd when all of the driving in the BraziBay is in France.

That's Jason's marketing streak showing again!

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
olive

olive

PostSubject: Re: Another Brazilian VW Bay on the telly: Monte-Carlo or Bust   Another Brazilian VW Bay on the telly: Monte-Carlo or Bust EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 10:02 pm

What's with the red light showing on the dash when their driving?
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Another Brazilian VW Bay on the telly: Monte-Carlo or Bust   Another Brazilian VW Bay on the telly: Monte-Carlo or Bust EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 10:02 pm

DANBURY MOTORS!!!!

Who are they? Are they in the village of Danbury? Do they sell Rovers?

tongue

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
jj123vw

jj123vw

Cabin : Business

PostSubject: Re: Another Brazilian VW Bay on the telly: Monte-Carlo or Bust   Another Brazilian VW Bay on the telly: Monte-Carlo or Bust EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 9:13 am

Great show last night and some good PR for us all hopefully! Yes it had power steering and direct drive steering . Some lovely camera shots too Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.danburymotorcaravans.com
jj123vw

jj123vw

Cabin : Business

PostSubject: Re: Another Brazilian VW Bay on the telly: Monte-Carlo or Bust   Another Brazilian VW Bay on the telly: Monte-Carlo or Bust EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 10:25 am

Hi Peppa - Its not the size its what you do with them Laughing Agreed - The wheels did look cool though! The spec was a 'Danbury SE' so it had leather seats, chrome pack, alloys, lowered suspension, rear parking sensors etc and yes the NEW Danbury made roof rack! Glad you liked it. They looked like they enjoyed driving it...
Back to top Go down
http://www.danburymotorcaravans.com
dazdub

dazdub

Cabin : Exec 012

PostSubject: Re: Another Brazilian VW Bay on the telly: Monte-Carlo or Bust   Another Brazilian VW Bay on the telly: Monte-Carlo or Bust EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 10:01 pm

Was it the same van you had on show at vanfest
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Another Brazilian VW Bay on the telly: Monte-Carlo or Bust   Another Brazilian VW Bay on the telly: Monte-Carlo or Bust EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 10:03 pm

You're probably right daz - timescale wise that would have been when the show would have completed filming.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Another Brazilian VW Bay on the telly: Monte-Carlo or Bust   Another Brazilian VW Bay on the telly: Monte-Carlo or Bust EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 10:11 pm

Tilly wrote:
Quote :
What's with the red light showing on the dash when their driving?

I only saw a small blured section in ITV-player, but I think it might have been the radio - if it's like mine the bit around the vol knob lights up red

I thought it was just showing that the flux capacitor was active.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Another Brazilian VW Bay on the telly: Monte-Carlo or Bust   Another Brazilian VW Bay on the telly: Monte-Carlo or Bust EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 9:53 pm

I don't think Danbury could have asked for a better commercial tonight. Particularly that slo-mo black and white shot ending with the reg plate full screen.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Another Brazilian VW Bay on the telly: Monte-Carlo or Bust   Another Brazilian VW Bay on the telly: Monte-Carlo or Bust EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 12:39 pm

Yep I noticed that. Can happen if it's windy.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
eddy

eddy

Cabin : Exec 014

PostSubject: Re: Another Brazilian VW Bay on the telly: Monte-Carlo or Bust   Another Brazilian VW Bay on the telly: Monte-Carlo or Bust EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 8:59 pm

the red light showing at bottom of the speedo..... that would be the km odemeter and trip (or time)...unless that is different on the 2010 spec,

regards,

eddy
Back to top Go down
olive

olive

PostSubject: Re: Another Brazilian VW Bay on the telly: Monte-Carlo or Bust   Another Brazilian VW Bay on the telly: Monte-Carlo or Bust EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 9:25 pm

eddy wrote:
the red light showing at bottom of the speedo..... that would be the km odemeter and trip (or time)...unless that is different on the 2010 spec,

regards,

eddy

Doh!! so it is.
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Another Brazilian VW Bay on the telly: Monte-Carlo or Bust   Another Brazilian VW Bay on the telly: Monte-Carlo or Bust EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 5:53 pm

Congratulations to Adrian Edmondson and Jack Dee for winning the show - in their BraziBay!!

Could there have been any other winning motor??!! Cool cheers drunken

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Another Brazilian VW Bay on the telly: Monte-Carlo or Bust   Another Brazilian VW Bay on the telly: Monte-Carlo or Bust EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 10:14 pm

Yeh I agree peppa. The thing is the black under white combo looks fantastic in bright sunshine or under studio lighting but on a dull/dark day it looks quite drab. You've also got to get the right alloys to go with it. Black and silver alloys go well imo such as the Fuchs or BRMs. I think the chrome pack is a must too with a black BraziBay.

Black is of course a complete nightmare to maintain as a body colour too. That's why I love red - it looks sharp and even when it's dirty it still looks good.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
eddy

eddy

Cabin : Exec 014

PostSubject: Re: Another Brazilian VW Bay on the telly: Monte-Carlo or Bust   Another Brazilian VW Bay on the telly: Monte-Carlo or Bust EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 9:29 pm

did anyone notice jack dee filling up the small tank and in the next shot filling up the main tank? I think it was in the second episode?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another Brazilian VW Bay on the telly: Monte-Carlo or Bust   Another Brazilian VW Bay on the telly: Monte-Carlo or Bust Empty

Back to top Go down

Another Brazilian VW Bay on the telly: Monte-Carlo or Bust
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
brazilianvwbay.com :: The Usual Stuff :: General Discussion-
Jump to: