brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Daytrip to VW Kampers - Sussex

Go down 
+5
Ianvwk
TimV
jboa
chairboy_paul
irishman
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
irishman

irishman

Cabin : Exec 003

Daytrip to VW Kampers - Sussex Empty
PostSubject: Daytrip to VW Kampers - Sussex   Daytrip to VW Kampers - Sussex EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 7:45 am

Hi,
like everyone, I have been searching for someone to look after my van rather than undertake the drive all the way to Danbury at Bristol, which for me takes all day and a tank of fuel.
Well to cut a long story short, I had an envelope left on my van introducing VWKampers and thier services who are based at Henfield, East Sussex, so Monday I left them with my beloved van for a major service......... Collected her Tuesday afternoon , full service and I mean absolutely every detail covered, engine, brakes, steering, everything..... £209 including, vat, parts and labour... fantastic!!!

Ian and the team at VWKampers know buses inside out, they import and restor old bays and splits as well as building new Brasilians, they were so helpful it was a brilliant experience sorted out a couple of paint marks on the bodywork in minutes and all part of the service, and only 15 minutes drive away, marvellous.

I can't sing thier praises enough, a fantastic team of people totaly dedicated to VW's, if you need a 'van doctor' I highly recommend these guys!!

Laughing
Back to top Go down
chairboy_paul

chairboy_paul

Cabin : Economy

PostSubject: Re: Daytrip to VW Kampers - Sussex   Daytrip to VW Kampers - Sussex EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 8:08 pm

I brought my van from VWKampers and they were great with me. Ian spent ages going over different options for my fit out. I had a hick up driving it home when after just 20 minutes I had to turn back with smoke pouring out the back !! (welcome back to the world of VWs I thought !!) I got back to the them and they were mortified, couldn't apologise enough.. paid my expenses, put me back on the train and fixed the van. they could have told me to bugger off as I had already walked away but they didn't and they were great, if I lived closer they would definately get my business and I would still consider them even though I live in Reading..
Back to top Go down
jboa

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: Daytrip to VW Kampers - Sussex   Daytrip to VW Kampers - Sussex EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 9:17 am

I've also had my van serviced by them, and would also recommend them. They had obviously put time and effort into insuring that the right parts - air filter, plugs etc were used. Supplied me with a courtesy car as well. Overall experience was very good.
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Daytrip to VW Kampers   Daytrip to VW Kampers - Sussex EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 10:14 pm

No doubt by now you'll have gathered that I'm on a mission to spread the word of the BraziBay! It's been over a year since Brazilian VW Bay.com hit the web and I'm very happy that so many have joined the ride. There's plenty more room up top too. Today I met up with some guys who are also big fans of the Kombi because although their business started in the old skool zone, they realised that the Brazilian T2 was a headline news story on the Volkswagen scene. I'm talking about Sussex based VW Kampers, headed up by Ian Harris.Daytrip to VW Kampers - Sussex Vw_kam10
A number of folks on here have already experienced Ian's enthusiasm for VW Campers and I wanted to see what all the fuss was about. It's great when someone can turn their hobby into a living - and that's exactly what's happened here in Sussex. You can read about how Ian set up VW Kampers a few years ago on their website - I wanted to know what he and his team of Mike, Lee and Dave could do for those of us interested in BraziBays. A lot it seems. They can offer the full package: hire, sales, servicing and - this is the best bit - enhancements. What do I mean by this? Well take a look at this early Beetles UK BraziBay - it's got what I (and it turns out Ian) call the Prototype Poptop.
Daytrip to VW Kampers - Sussex Protot10
The owner of this Airbus decided she wanted to have a more up to date roof as not only is the exterior a bit ugly, but inside - it's somewhat limited.
Daytrip to VW Kampers - Sussex Vw_kam13
Those blue rolls of vinyl - they're the hammocks. Yep.
So shortly not only is this BraziBay going to be sporting a 2010 roof, it's also gaining striped colour matched canvas. As soon as I get a pic - I'll post it. Just one example of the services the VWK crew are offering now.Daytrip to VW Kampers - Sussex Vw_kam14
Dave working on a customer's Classic. I don't know what those 2 Prototype Brazilian T2s were at the back of the workshop for. Probably sentimental reasons. I can see no use for them. Wink
If your BraziBay goes in for any work here you can borrow one of these:Daytrip to VW Kampers - Sussex Vw_kam15
Check out that plate!
The crew here have been reliant on others to sort paintwork for them for a while but right now Ian's putting a new bodyshop together so he can guarantee the quality of the work. Bodyworkz is 5 mins down the road so we went to have a look.Daytrip to VW Kampers - Sussex Vw_kam16
Shortly this place will be a fully operational bodyshop. There's a real vibe about this little company that thinks big. You can't help but believe it's well suited to be involved with Brazilian T2s given the experience of working on the Classic VWs and they've no issue with how the Kombi has evolved. They fully accept what it is, enjoy and work with it rather than dismiss it like so many purists in the VW world. You could say they see the Brazilian Bay in its true colours. Wink Daytrip to VW Kampers - Sussex Img_0511

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Daytrip to VW Kampers - Sussex Melogo11
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Daytrip to VW Kampers - Sussex   Daytrip to VW Kampers - Sussex EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 10:29 pm

Haha - yeh who wants to go purple when you can go PINK eh peppa!?!

________________________________________________________________________________
@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Daytrip to VW Kampers - Sussex   Daytrip to VW Kampers - Sussex EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 10:36 pm

... and I'm thinking that you are peppa - that you are! lol!

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
Ianvwk

Ianvwk

Cabin : Business

PostSubject: Re: Daytrip to VW Kampers - Sussex   Daytrip to VW Kampers - Sussex EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 10:50 pm

Hi Tim,

Thanks for popping down today, it was great to talk about the new bays and come up with some great new ideas.

It's good that the new type 2 owners have got a place to share stories, ask questions, get advise and make new friends who all have the a common passion, brazlian bays and vw dubbing!

I'll keep you up to date on the replacement canvas options.

Ian

Vwk

Peppa pig, i remember chatting to loads and giving you some sound advise, with violet we have brought it up to key, new German gearbox, leather treatment, sorted out the interior , got the buddy seat and will respray in the new customers colour choice as well as full service and 12 months full warranty, ohh and camping gear, awning, new roof rack, tow bar, iPod head unit, new tires full wax oil etc etc..........

www.vwkampers.co.uk
Back to top Go down
http://Www.braziliankampers.co.uk
Ianvwk

Ianvwk

PostSubject: Re: Daytrip to VW Kampers - Sussex   Daytrip to VW Kampers - Sussex EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 10:56 pm

P.s looking forward to being a part of this great forum....!

Just been reading about number plates!

Time for an early crimbo present...!!

www.vwkampers.co.uk
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Daytrip to VW Kampers - Sussex   Daytrip to VW Kampers - Sussex EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 11:01 pm

Ianvwk wrote:
P.s looking forward to being a part of this great forum....!

Just been reading about number plates!

Time for an early crimbo present...!!

You see - I told you lot that if you didn't hurry up and buy them someone else would! Wink

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Daytrip to VW Kampers - Sussex   Daytrip to VW Kampers - Sussex EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 11:10 pm

peppa wrote:
Can nobody please buy the one i want, NU56 BAY....!

The wife has promised to buy it for me for christmas....

Oh dear - there's probably only one way to sort this out ....... FIGHT!!

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
Ianvwk

Ianvwk

PostSubject: Re: Daytrip to VW Kampers - Sussex   Daytrip to VW Kampers - Sussex EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 11:16 pm

I've got a large selection of private plates for sale, prices from £1000 each Evil or Very Mad Razz

Peppa, I love the pink bay, just be careful if you come to see us @ vwkampers.com, were very close to Brighton........lol

Glad to be a part of the forum, it's taken me long enough!

www.vwkampers.co.uk
Back to top Go down
poddy

poddy

PostSubject: Re: Daytrip to VW Kampers - Sussex   Daytrip to VW Kampers - Sussex EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 10:59 am

is that Chairboy_Paul's Albert i see on their website, looking a bit different now
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Daytrip to VW Kampers - Sussex   Daytrip to VW Kampers - Sussex EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 11:24 am

Sure is poddy.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
Kev

Kev

PostSubject: Re: Daytrip to VW Kampers - Sussex   Daytrip to VW Kampers - Sussex EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 12:29 pm

Must say I popped into VW Kampers when looking for a bus, I got some great impartial advice from Ian, and was really impressed by his set-up and knowledge. However, I am not sure it was all put to good use as the wife and kids heart ruled their head when we found our 06 Airbay (ok mine too) !!! Wink

Ian, congrats on the new paint shop, I may be talking to you in the near future, any plans to do steering box’s????

Cheers Kev

2006 Air-Cooled Duby
Back to top Go down
Ianvwk

Ianvwk

PostSubject: Re: Daytrip to VW Kampers - Sussex   Daytrip to VW Kampers - Sussex EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 9:58 pm

Hi Kev,

Thanks for the nice words!

We will sort your steering box for cost! I will use it as a learning curve and you will get a great deal and top work!

Call me in office Monday on 01273 493032

Ian

www.vwkampers.co.uk
Back to top Go down
Kev

Kev

PostSubject: Re: Daytrip to VW Kampers - Sussex   Daytrip to VW Kampers - Sussex EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 9:58 am

Great news, I'll PM you.

Cheers K.

2006 Air-Cooled Duby
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Daytrip to VW Kampers - Sussex   Daytrip to VW Kampers - Sussex EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 10:38 am

Nice one boys. Sounds like a good opportunity for a photo report..... Basketball

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Daytrip to VW Kampers - Sussex   Daytrip to VW Kampers - Sussex EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 10:36 am

peppa wrote:
Hey Tim...

Have had dealing with ian in the past, top bloke...He ended up buying the Violet the 2008 aquabay DOG i looked at in hull, he didn't even look at it but paid £21500 for hire purposes, now has it for sale for £28999, good thing for me is i saved him £500 on the deal so he assures me he owes me one...

Don't forget that what one person regards as poor condition as opposed to another is entirely down to perception and expectation. Sure "Violet" may have been needing some work at the time Ian bought it but I'm certain that now it's been through his workshop and the fact that he has hired it out as a reliable vehicle speaks volumes for the condition that it's now in. Ian's hire campers are rolling adverts for his company - they will be top notch.

It looks like it has had a real makeover with lots of good enhancements, and the fact it's offered with 12 months warranty is a bonus. Don't forget Ian's built a lower half respray into that asking price too - that's got to be worth a lot. In essence, it's not the same BraziBay.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
olive

olive

PostSubject: Re: Daytrip to VW Kampers - Sussex   Daytrip to VW Kampers - Sussex EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 3:52 pm

Hi Tim,

I have not met Ian however, a very good friend of mine has just bought a 79 Westfalia from him, it was his first venture into campers. He told me he had a very good meeting @ their place and Ian was very helpfull in explaining evreything about VW's including all the pitfalls to him. He was very impressed and would recommend Ian to anyone he meets. So if my friend tells me that then I am with him on this one. cheers
Back to top Go down
Ianvwk

Ianvwk

PostSubject: Re: Daytrip to VW Kampers - Sussex   Daytrip to VW Kampers - Sussex EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 4:22 pm

Hi Olive,

Thanks for the nice words,. we can only try i guess!

Who is your friend with the Westy?

Ian vwk..

www.vwkampers.co.uk
Back to top Go down
olive

olive

PostSubject: Re: Daytrip to VW Kampers - Sussex   Daytrip to VW Kampers - Sussex EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 8:42 pm

Ianvwk wrote:
Hi Olive,

Thanks for the nice words,. we can only try i guess!

Who is your friend with the Westy?

Ian vwk..

Hi Ian, my friend bought the 79 Berlin you had, I wouldnt want to put his name on the site but to give you an idea they come from Bedfordshire. I hope to get down to yours to see your set up soon.
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Daytrip to VW Kampers - Sussex   Daytrip to VW Kampers - Sussex EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 9:18 pm

So what you're saying peppa is that like so many decent vehicles out there, Violet was not given the attention she deserved by her first keeper and that it's a good job she ended up in VW Kampers' hands to bring her back to A1.

The first owner clearly recognised the error of their ways by advertising her under-value. That's what attracted her to you. You went along and found a Kombi in a state that you didn't like but at a price that reflected that state. Should you have bought Violet, to bring her up to A1 you would no doubt have had to spend. Just like I did with Max, he wasn't perfect when I got him, but the price I paid for him was a reflection of his condition.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
Barry

Barry

PostSubject: Re: Daytrip to VW Kampers - Sussex   Daytrip to VW Kampers - Sussex EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 6:44 pm

Hi Ian - good to meet you today, and thanks for your time. I can see I'm going to be spending money on my camper - and about time too!!!

Back to top Go down
Ianvwk

Ianvwk

PostSubject: Re: Daytrip to VW Kampers - Sussex   Daytrip to VW Kampers - Sussex EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 6:53 pm

Hi Barry,

We will Pimp "Kermit" for you....

Good to meet you and your wife also.

The Team @ VWK

www.vwkampers.co.uk
Back to top Go down
Barry

Barry

PostSubject: Re: Daytrip to VW Kampers - Sussex   Daytrip to VW Kampers - Sussex EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 11:39 pm

For some reason, my van's 'Herman'! Laughing Herman the Brazilian German!!! It might well have been 'Kermit' if we'd thought about it at the time, but once named...
Back to top Go down

Daytrip to VW Kampers - Sussex
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next