brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

One year in . . .

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Dee James

Dee James

Cabin : Exec 086

One year in . . . Empty
PostSubject: One year in . . .   One year in . . . EmptyThu Jul 19, 2018 1:40 pm

Earlier this week I realised it would be one year today that we put a deposit down on our camper, these days affectionately known as Sulley.

Being into classic cars I’ve always loved type 2’s my wife loves camping so it was inevitable at some point the two points would meet although I think both of us would be reluctant to invest in and rely on something built in the 70’s. I can’t remember what prompted the conversation but I remember telling her VW built them in Brazil up until very recently so she said look into it. I joined this forum just after to gather some information, and following some persuasive encouragement from fellow members “gathering info” and “possibly getting one next year perhaps” went right out of the window and we started looking. Life is indeed, too short.

As we were heading to the Isle of White we had a look at one in Southampton but my head had already been turned by one being refurbed at BK and after seeing pictures Michelle agreed. You know the rest.

Fast forward a year we’ve had our ups and downs as I’m sure more than a few of you will relate to but I’ve come to realise buying a brazibay is not a decision you make with your head and you can’t treat it as such. The gearbox failing was a low point but it was sorted under warrantee and now has stronger German internals so I can’t complain and to be honest everything I've wanted or needed to do has improved him. I’ll take this opportunity to praise Ian and the staff at BK who I can’t recommend enough, If you’re thinking about getting a brazi you could do a lot worse than going to see them.

Huge thanks to Tim and this forum for all the advice and help along the way and on occasion the kind donation of parts, hopefully I’ll be in a position to help others in the same way.

Great to finally meet some of you at Camperjam for what was a great weekend and roll on August!

Dee

Last edited by Dee James on Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

One year in . . . Empty
PostSubject: Re: One year in . . .   One year in . . . EmptyThu Jul 19, 2018 2:13 pm

Congratulations cheers

FAB story and glad you are enjoying your Kombi Smile

It was great to meet you at Camperjam this year - still missing it Rolling Eyes

Here's to many more adventures for all! Very Happy

________________________________________________________________________________
Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

One year in . . . Empty
PostSubject: Re: One year in . . .   One year in . . . EmptyThu Jul 19, 2018 2:20 pm

Nice words Dee and thanks for being part of the BraziBunch! Basketball

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

One year in . . . Melogo11
Back to top Go down
beakyboy

beakyboy

Cabin : Flight 019

One year in . . . Empty
PostSubject: Re: One year in . . .   One year in . . . EmptyThu Jul 19, 2018 3:18 pm

Great to have you guys on board Dee and was fab to meet you and the family at CJ , role on August Cool

Steve,  Jo  TigerLily and Carra the Child lovin' Golden Cocker  sunny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

One year in . . . Empty
PostSubject: Re: One year in . . .   One year in . . . Empty

Back to top Go down

One year in . . .
Page 1 of 1