brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Longest Road Trip

Go down 
+6
TimV
dazdub
sundialsoft
PeteH
Bald Hippy
T2D2
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Bald Hippy

Cabin : Club

Longest Road Trip Empty
PostSubject: Longest Road Trip   Longest Road Trip EmptyMon Aug 13, 2018 4:16 pm

Here's a question for you adventurous folks out there. Who has driven the furthest from the UK in their Brazibay. Any takers?
BH
Back to top Go down
PeteH

Cabin : Exec 079

Longest Road Trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Longest Road Trip   Longest Road Trip EmptyMon Aug 13, 2018 6:49 pm

Hi not sure its the longest but last year we did 4500km in a round trip of France. This year was just a quick visit with only 3500 km racked up down to the South and back. I'm sure other folks have gone further, especially if heading East.

________________________________________________________________________________
Pete and Sue.
Back to top Go down
dazdub

dazdub

Cabin : Exec 012

Longest Road Trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Longest Road Trip   Longest Road Trip EmptyMon Aug 13, 2018 7:53 pm

Wales to Dover to Barcelona and back
Back to top Go down
T2D2

T2D2

Cabin : Exec 085

Longest Road Trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Longest Road Trip   Longest Road Trip EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 4:59 pm

We cannot compete, but 500 mile trip to Germany this year. That makes a round trip on the very edge of how far the proclaimers would be prepared to walk!

________________________________________________________________________________
bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Bald Hippy

Longest Road Trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Longest Road Trip   Longest Road Trip EmptyWed Aug 15, 2018 10:05 am

PeteH wrote:
Hi not sure its the longest but last year we did 4500km in a round trip of France.  This year was just a quick visit with only 3500 km racked up down to the South and back.  I'm sure other folks have gone further, especially if heading East.

Nice one! a lot of kms
Back to top Go down
Bald Hippy

Longest Road Trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Longest Road Trip   Longest Road Trip EmptyWed Aug 15, 2018 10:09 am

Thanks for your responses. Great stuff. I did Kent to Northern Spain & back. Wish I'd had more than two weeks. Thinking about the Santander ferry to see more of Spain next time.
Back to top Go down
PeteH

Longest Road Trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Longest Road Trip   Longest Road Trip EmptyThu Aug 16, 2018 4:58 pm

I agree the ferry is a great idea, saves a lot of hours behind the wheel just to arrive at where you want to be. I think the Kombi Kaper team went that way to get to Ibiza this summer

Pete and Sue.
Back to top Go down
PeteH

Longest Road Trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Longest Road Trip   Longest Road Trip EmptyThu Aug 16, 2018 4:59 pm

I agree the ferry is a great idea, saves a lot of hours behind the wheel just to arrive at where you want to be. I think the Kombi Kaper team went that way to get to Ibiza this summer

Pete and Sue.
Back to top Go down
sundialsoft

sundialsoft

Cabin : Exec 074

Longest Road Trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Longest Road Trip   Longest Road Trip EmptySat Aug 18, 2018 8:40 am

West of Glasgow to Lake Como, Italy via the St Gothard road tunnel for our oldest daughter's wedding.
Margaret was the only lady with a big hat as everyone else flew out.
We drove east through France into Switzerland (Sursee overnight) down into Italy. We had white ribbons on the van for photos but the real wedding car was a white launch across the lake.

what is best in life ?
Back to top Go down
dazdub

dazdub

Cabin : Exec 012

Longest Road Trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Longest Road Trip   Longest Road Trip EmptySat Aug 18, 2018 6:04 pm

sundialsoft wrote:
West of Glasgow to Lake Como, Italy via the St Gothard road tunnel for our oldest daughter's wedding.
Margaret was the only lady with a big hat as everyone else flew out.
We drove east through France into Switzerland (Sursee overnight) down into Italy. We had white ribbons on the van for photos but the real wedding car was a white launch across the lake.
very nice Smile
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

Longest Road Trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Longest Road Trip   Longest Road Trip EmptySat Aug 18, 2018 8:52 pm

Tango just got back from a 2150 mile tour of the UK. With no tech issues whatsoever!!

Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Longest Road Trip Melogo11
Back to top Go down
greenjc90

greenjc90

Cabin : Exec 039

Longest Road Trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Longest Road Trip   Longest Road Trip EmptyMon Aug 20, 2018 11:26 am

The furthest Morrison has been from home is Valencia - which is a 6000 km round trip by road.  But as we did the ferry between Portsmouth and Santander - the driving element was around 3500 km across Spain and back. Love a road trip!
Back to top Go down
Bald Hippy

Longest Road Trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Longest Road Trip   Longest Road Trip EmptyMon Sep 10, 2018 2:05 pm

Some great ones there!!
Back to top Go down
Dee James

Dee James

Cabin : Exec 086

Longest Road Trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Longest Road Trip   Longest Road Trip EmptyMon Sep 10, 2018 3:08 pm

Not what you asked as within the UK but just under 800 miles in just over 2 weeks

Essex - Weymouth - Somerset - South Devon - Cornwall - North Devon - New Forest - Essex

Back to top Go down
JLS 62

JLS 62

Location : Leicester - the centre of the world - sorry England

Longest Road Trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Longest Road Trip   Longest Road Trip EmptyMon Sep 10, 2018 6:49 pm

I am sure I saw a thread like this recently, but in case I was dreaming, our van has been to Morocco and back with it's previous owner !!
Back to top Go down
Bald Hippy

Longest Road Trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Longest Road Trip   Longest Road Trip EmptyFri Sep 14, 2018 1:40 pm

JLS 62 wrote:
I am sure I saw a thread like this recently, but in case I was dreaming, our van has been  to Morocco and back with it's previous owner !!
Excellent...out of Europe, must take the prize so far I think!
Back to top Go down
Skytiger

Skytiger

Cabin : Exec 008

Longest Road Trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Longest Road Trip   Longest Road Trip EmptySat Sep 15, 2018 6:45 pm

Not what was asked either, but 865 mile round trip for a weekend in Chard Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Longest Road Trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Longest Road Trip   Longest Road Trip Empty

Back to top Go down

Longest Road Trip
Page 1 of 1