brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Help .... importation and how to deal with the paperwork

Go down 
+3
dizzylizard
Dennis
Tallulah
7 posters
AuthorMessage
MartinCC

Cabin : Club

Help .... importation and how to deal with the paperwork Empty
PostSubject: Help .... importation and how to deal with the paperwork   Help .... importation and how to deal with the paperwork EmptyThu Aug 16, 2018 10:15 am

Hello,

I'm lucky enough to own Kombi no 371/1200

BUT

it's in a container in the UK with it's import vat paid and a Brazilian registration on it.

I've got a V55/5 and I've got a grip on most of the boxes.

I've managed to convince myself that the only physical changes required are headlights and a rear fog light.

Has anybody here gone through this process before and can perhaps help me with understanding the bit's I'm missing ?

Cheers

Martin
Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Tallulah

Cabin : Flight 011

PostSubject: Re: Help .... importation and how to deal with the paperwork   Help .... importation and how to deal with the paperwork EmptyThu Aug 16, 2018 10:24 am

Side repeaters?

________________________________________________________________________________
www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Twitter: @AlpineGrove
Facebook: facebook.com/alpinegrovetouringpark
                                                      Former owners of the amazing Tallulah (2011 to 2021)
Proud winners of Spikes Trophy, 2016.
Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
http://www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Dennis

Cabin : Exec 033

PostSubject: Re: Help .... importation and how to deal with the paperwork   Help .... importation and how to deal with the paperwork EmptyThu Aug 16, 2018 11:22 am

Speedo in MPH.
Back to top Go down
MartinCC

PostSubject: Re: Help .... importation and how to deal with the paperwork   Help .... importation and how to deal with the paperwork EmptyThu Aug 16, 2018 11:32 am

side repeaters I hadn't thought about but it's a good point

the speedo I had realised but just decide not to mention it for some insane reason !!

The bit that's doing my head in the most is the V55 really wants me to provide a type approval number/category .... question 11 on the V55

finding someone who has been through this process I suspect would really help.

cheers

Martin
Back to top Go down
dizzylizard

dizzylizard

Cabin : Exec 018

PostSubject: Re: Help .... importation and how to deal with the paperwork   Help .... importation and how to deal with the paperwork EmptyThu Aug 16, 2018 12:14 pm

You may need an voluntary IVA (individual vehicle approval) to get a type approval number. It involves an inspection by DVLA examiner. I had to get one for a kitcar I built, and it involves taking it to one of their testing stations for them to look at.

https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-approval/individual-vehicle-approval
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: Help .... importation and how to deal with the paperwork   Help .... importation and how to deal with the paperwork EmptyThu Aug 16, 2018 5:41 pm

You definitely need an IVA and it will probably cost you around £3000 to meet all the necessary modifications required.

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Help .... importation and how to deal with the paperwork Melogo11
Back to top Go down
MartinCC

PostSubject: Re: Help .... importation and how to deal with the paperwork   Help .... importation and how to deal with the paperwork EmptyThu Aug 16, 2018 5:44 pm

hello,

any idea what those items are that need doing and do you have experience of actually doing this ?

Cheers

Martin
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: Help .... importation and how to deal with the paperwork   Help .... importation and how to deal with the paperwork EmptyThu Aug 16, 2018 5:49 pm

Brakes, emissions, speedo, rh headlights, chassis number stickers, side repeaters, fog light, heated front screen etc.

Speak to Ian at Brazilian Kampers.

Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Help .... importation and how to deal with the paperwork Melogo11
Back to top Go down
Feliz

Feliz

Cabin : Exec 026

PostSubject: Re: Help .... importation and how to deal with the paperwork   Help .... importation and how to deal with the paperwork EmptyThu Aug 16, 2018 7:15 pm

You will need to have I mport duty codes . You can get these from hmc.gov site search import duties . Then you have to pick the most appropriate commodity code need to be really careful to choose the right code,Your freight handling agent can help . More often than not you will have to pay customs charge to the freight agent before customs release in uk .
Who ever is shipping needs to handle the export docs.
Back to top Go down
Ianvwk

Ianvwk

Cabin : Business

PostSubject: Re: Help .... importation and how to deal with the paperwork   Help .... importation and how to deal with the paperwork EmptyMon Aug 20, 2018 8:54 am

Hi Martin,

I have a LE here at Brazilian Kampers, its passed the MOT etc and we have been trying to get it through IVA , its failed 6 times now over the last 18 months and is costing us ££ ever time!

Im happy to discuss this over the phone with you.

Ian

Brazilian Kampers Ltd

www.vwkampers.co.uk
Back to top Go down
http://Www.braziliankampers.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help .... importation and how to deal with the paperwork   Help .... importation and how to deal with the paperwork Empty

Back to top Go down

Help .... importation and how to deal with the paperwork
Page 1 of 1