brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Please check your V5

Go down 
+2
osg
TimV
6 posters
AuthorMessage
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

Please check your V5 Empty
PostSubject: Please check your V5   Please check your V5 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2019 10:02 pm

My day was wrecked today when it became apparent that the V5 chassis number on my BraziBay did not accurately reflect that of my bus. Somehow the P that appears around the centre of the VIN number had become a 9 on my V5.  This brought the import of Tango to Spain to an abrupt halt, as effectively the paperwork did not match the vehicle.

This could be a mistake at DVLA or even at Danbury- the disappointing thing is that it has not been picked up by any of the MOT tests that Tango has been through.

So please check your paperwork against your Kombi, so you don’t waste a day like I have!!

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Please check your V5 Melogo11
Back to top Go down
osg

osg

Cabin : Exec 015

PostSubject: Re: Please check your V5   Please check your V5 EmptySat Mar 02, 2019 9:55 am

What a shame that such an obvious typo could cause you so much trouble
Hope it is all resolved soon
osg
Back to top Go down
Voyager

Voyager

Cabin : Flight 044

PostSubject: Re: Please check your V5   Please check your V5 EmptySat Mar 02, 2019 10:36 am

There was some good news for you yesterday though Tim, at least the Spanish government has decided to guarantee your residence rights post-Brexit.

TimV wrote:
My day was wrecked today when it became apparent that the V5 chassis number on my BraziBay did not accurately reflect that of my bus. Somehow the P that appears around the centre of the VIN number had become a 9 on my V5.  This brought the import of Tango to Spain to an abrupt halt, as effectively the paperwork did not match the vehicle.

This could be a mistake at DVLA or even at Danbury- the disappointing thing is that it has not been picked up by any of the MOT tests that Tango has been through.

So please check your paperwork against your Kombi, so you don’t waste a day like I have!!
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Please check your V5   Please check your V5 EmptySat Mar 02, 2019 10:56 am

This is true @voyager Very Happy

________________________________________________________________________________
@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Please check your V5   Please check your V5 EmptySat Mar 02, 2019 11:08 am

Only got myself to blame really. I should have looked harder at the chassis no. when I bought Tango, but I’m only human and the text on the V5 is pretty small!

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
irishman

irishman

Cabin : Exec 003

PostSubject: Re: Please check your V5   Please check your V5 EmptySat Mar 02, 2019 3:19 pm

I was contacted by Danbury about a year after I got "Mish" asking if I could take the van to a local DVLA centre, which luckily was in Brighton, and get my chassis number checked against my V5.
The chassis number in my van was completely different to that shown on the V5, they had got it mixed up with another van that they were trying to get registered. DVLA man was great, sorted it out very quickly, I'm an ex copper and I'd not noticed Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sundialsoft

sundialsoft

Cabin : Exec 074

PostSubject: Re: Please check your V5   Please check your V5 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2019 7:48 am

Checked and all fine. One less thing to worry about.

When Margaret bought her new car last year I noticed that the reg no was wrong on the plates (one letter wrong ) so we got it sorted by the garage before delivery.

what is best in life ?
Back to top Go down
PeteH

Cabin : Exec 079

PostSubject: Re: Please check your V5   Please check your V5 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2019 11:24 am

Oh Tim, what I nightmare. I hope you can get it resolved with Danbury DVLA without hassle.

Pete and Sue.
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Please check your V5   Please check your V5 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2019 11:25 am

PeteH wrote:
Oh Tim, what I nightmare.  I hope you can get it resolved with Danbury DVLA without hassle.

Thanks Pete - V5 on its way back to DVLA now. With photographic evidence. Hopefully they will return a corrected version asap. Basketball

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
PeteH

Cabin : Exec 079

PostSubject: Re: Please check your V5   Please check your V5 EmptySun Mar 10, 2019 9:53 pm

Keeping our fingers crossed.

Pete and Sue.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Please check your V5   Please check your V5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Please check your V5
Page 1 of 1