brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Rear mount spare wheel

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Marco silva

Cabin : Business

Rear mount spare wheel  Empty
PostSubject: Rear mount spare wheel    Rear mount spare wheel  EmptyFri Mar 08, 2019 11:00 pm

I'm looking for a rear mount spare wheel. Any advice is going to be really appreciate. Thanks
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: Rear mount spare wheel    Rear mount spare wheel  EmptySat Mar 09, 2019 6:31 pm

Do you mean the carrier Marco? If so, they're very difficult to source as Danbury had these made especially - have you tried them?

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Rear mount spare wheel  Melogo11
Back to top Go down
Marco silva

Cabin : Business

PostSubject: Re: Rear mount spare wheel    Rear mount spare wheel  EmptySat Mar 09, 2019 8:47 pm

Yes Tim, the carrier. I'll try them.
Thanks
Back to top Go down
Tony880

Tony880

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: Rear mount spare wheel    Rear mount spare wheel  EmptyThu Jul 02, 2020 10:22 pm

I have a spare wheel carrier mounted on Ruby. Are they difficult to remove? I would like the flexibility of mounting a Fiamma Bike carrier when needed and putting the spare in the back. Cheers, Stay safe everyone
Back to top Go down
Bumble

Bumble

Cabin : Exec 049

PostSubject: Re: Rear mount spare wheel    Rear mount spare wheel  EmptyFri Jul 03, 2020 12:37 pm

Tony880 wrote:
I have a spare wheel carrier mounted on Ruby. Are they difficult to remove? I would like the flexibility of mounting a Fiamma Bike carrier when needed and putting the spare in the back. Cheers, Stay safe everyone

Not sure, Tony, but another option would be going for a tow bar-mounted bike carrier, which is what we have. The tow bar is the standard Witter demountable one, which I fit when we need to transport our bikes.

You also don't have the issues of lack of sight via the rear window, or squashing the rubbers on the rear door. Also the bike is lower on the van, so a lower centre of gravity (possibly marginal!)

Something to think about?

P.
Back to top Go down
Tony880

Tony880

PostSubject: Re: Rear mount spare wheel    Rear mount spare wheel  EmptyFri Jul 03, 2020 1:19 pm

Thanks Bumble. What would be the cost of a the Witter towbar and bike rack combination fitted please?
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Rear mount spare wheel    Rear mount spare wheel  EmptyFri Jul 03, 2020 2:46 pm

Tony880 wrote:
Thanks Bumble. What would be the cost of a the Witter towbar and bike rack combination fitted please?

Watling Towbar it should be and a Pendle towbar bike carrier.

We fit these at VWK.

Looking at about £500 all in.

________________________________________________________________________________
@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
Bumble

Bumble

PostSubject: Re: Rear mount spare wheel    Rear mount spare wheel  EmptyFri Jul 03, 2020 8:27 pm

Tony880 wrote:

We have a Witter tow bar (was £323.20, with Brazibay discount in 2015), fitted by Paul Brand (cost included/buried within annual service cost).

We have a Buzz rack two bike carrier, which I won on eBay (like this - http://www.buzzrack.co.uk/products/buzzybee-2.htm ) £150 from rooflbox.co.uk

https://www.roofbox.co.uk/scripts/rbvehsel4_tab.php/car-specific-accessories/buzz_rack_bb2_2_bike_wheel_support_rack_no_brp302/Qx%40w%2C6M42VAwp3%40Rb%7B~cC4ure5HXEs

P.
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Rear mount spare wheel    Rear mount spare wheel  EmptyFri Jul 03, 2020 9:31 pm

I wasn't aware that the Witter towbar fitted correctly.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
Bumble

Bumble

PostSubject: Re: Rear mount spare wheel    Rear mount spare wheel  EmptyFri Jul 03, 2020 10:24 pm

TimV wrote:
I wasn't aware that the Witter towbar fitted correctly.

scratch

P.
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Rear mount spare wheel    Rear mount spare wheel  EmptyFri Jul 03, 2020 10:30 pm

The towbars I arranged for BraziBays are produced by Watling Towbars not Witter.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
Bumble

Bumble

PostSubject: Re: Rear mount spare wheel    Rear mount spare wheel  EmptyFri Jul 03, 2020 10:40 pm

TimV wrote:
The towbars I arranged for BraziBays are produced by Watling Towbars not Witter.

So it is! I even looked up the receipt to see how much is was (but didn't look at the manufacturer silent )

P.
Back to top Go down
Tony880

Tony880

PostSubject: Re: Rear mount spare wheel    Rear mount spare wheel  EmptySat Jul 04, 2020 12:51 pm

OK Guys. I'll check the latest prices etc with Watling and see if they can deliver to Northern Ireland.
There is a member of Northern Ireland Beetle (and Bus) Owners Club called (wait for it) Tommy Towbar.
He should be able to fit for me. Stay safe all.

Bumble likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rear mount spare wheel    Rear mount spare wheel  Empty

Back to top Go down

Rear mount spare wheel
Page 1 of 1