brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Private number plates and the law

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
babister

babister

Cabin : Club

number - Private number plates and the law Empty
PostSubject: Private number plates and the law   number - Private number plates and the law EmptySat Aug 17, 2019 1:14 pm

Hi folks.

We now have a private plate for Arfa. Yey!!

The plan is to have T2 4RFA, but of course this isn't totally legal.

For those of you that have done similar things, have you ever fallen foul of the law on this? I don't really fancy a £1000 fine but again, I see loads of 'manipulated' plates out there, so am not convinced it is really something the police are concerned about.

Opinions please.
Back to top Go down
dizzylizard

dizzylizard

Cabin : Exec 018

PostSubject: Re: Private number plates and the law   number - Private number plates and the law EmptySat Aug 17, 2019 2:00 pm

Yep, twice by white caps (traffic) which is ironic seeing as what I did for a living. Only advice I can give is keep a correct set with you, apologise profusely and offer to change them there and then Smile .Worked for me and when they had let me off told them my previous occupation and we had a good laugh. I agree with you though, some of the ones you see are totally out of order.  Shocked
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: Private number plates and the law   number - Private number plates and the law EmptySat Aug 17, 2019 3:31 pm

I think keeping a ‘correct’ set of plates onboard instantly proves that you know the other plates are illegal. Otherwise why would you have them?

I used to have a front plate that was ‘manipulated’ but left the rear as it should be, on the basis that you are more likely to be stopped from what they see from behind you, rather than going in the opposite direction.

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

number - Private number plates and the law Melogo11
Back to top Go down
harryhornet

harryhornet

Cabin : Exec 027

PostSubject: Re: Private number plates and the law   number - Private number plates and the law EmptySat Aug 17, 2019 5:32 pm

I’ve always wondered if incorrect spacing affects the automatic recognition systems.
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: Private number plates and the law   number - Private number plates and the law EmptySat Aug 17, 2019 5:36 pm

harryhornet wrote:
I’ve always wondered if incorrect spacing affects the automatic recognition systems.

Not my experience. They work. The only problem for the cameras is when you have a square number plate instead of a rectangular one. Basketball

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

number - Private number plates and the law Melogo11
Back to top Go down
dizzylizard

dizzylizard

Cabin : Exec 018

PostSubject: Re: Private number plates and the law   number - Private number plates and the law EmptySat Aug 17, 2019 5:54 pm

The first time I got stopped, his words were 'my very expensive ANPR couldn't recognise your number' I was tempted to say the one on Morrison's petrol forecourt could, but I bit my tongue. Smile . I notice that a lot of the average speed cameras are now facing the other way to pick up rear plates, I'm assuming to identity motorcycles exceeding the limit. As for the plates on board, I told him that I was returning from a VW meet and forgot to change them back which was true.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Private number plates and the law   number - Private number plates and the law Empty

Back to top Go down

Private number plates and the law
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
brazilianvwbay.com :: The Usual Stuff :: General Discussion-
Jump to: