brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Looking for help to confirm details about our double cab

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kombikiwi

Cabin : Economy

Looking for help to confirm details about our double cab Empty
PostSubject: Looking for help to confirm details about our double cab   Looking for help to confirm details about our double cab EmptySun Oct 27, 2019 6:02 am

Hi everyone,
After loving kombis for many years, hubby made a spur of the moment purchase of a 3 door double cab. It didn't cost much which is possibly a good thing as I have suspicions about the details provided on the import papers from the original importer...plus needs a fair amount of work. Lucky this is a long term thing and is about love not money   Very Happy
Looking to see if anyone can help identify anything about her...or point me in the right direction.
The only thing we know (well we think we know) is she is Brazilian.  This is based on the plates behind the passenger seat that has the chassis no. The import papers we got said 1980, but I'm not sure how to validate that.  Some people say its hack, some say not...it is what it is but just looking for some more details.
The engine code starts with BZ (does this make it 1600?), the chassis seems to start with HH.
How do we start with even determining what year she really is?  
Any and all info appreciated!
Looking for help to confirm details about our double cab Img20110
Looking for help to confirm details about our double cab Img20111
Looking for help to confirm details about our double cab Img20112
Back to top Go down
Voyager

Voyager

Cabin : Flight 044

PostSubject: Re: Looking for help to confirm details about our double cab   Looking for help to confirm details about our double cab EmptySun Oct 27, 2019 8:14 am

BZ is a Brazilian engine number, but the chassis number and the fact that it is RHD suggests that it was built in South Africa. Evidently Brazil used to ship vans in kit form for assembly in South Africa.
Back to top Go down
Kombikiwi

Cabin : Economy

PostSubject: Re: Looking for help to confirm details about our double cab   Looking for help to confirm details about our double cab EmptySat Nov 02, 2019 5:08 am

That makes some sense, and thanks for confirming the Brazilian engine number. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Purple

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: Looking for help to confirm details about our double cab   Looking for help to confirm details about our double cab EmptySun Nov 03, 2019 8:04 pm

Kombikiwi wrote:
That makes some sense, and thanks for confirming the Brazilian engine number. Very Happy

VW do a Certificate of Conformity service based on the VIN/chassis number. It will give you its country of origin, destination and date of manufacture.

It comes back in a couple of days on VW headed paper and its free of charge!

email them at type.approval@vwg.co.uk

I wrote :-

Hello

Could I please request a Certificate of Conformity for the following vehicle:

VW kombi van   -  VIN Chassis Number: xxxxxxxxxxxxx

My postal address is:

xxxxxxxx

Regards
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for help to confirm details about our double cab   Looking for help to confirm details about our double cab Empty

Back to top Go down

Looking for help to confirm details about our double cab
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
brazilianvwbay.com :: The Usual Stuff :: NewBays-
Jump to: