brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Should I take the plunge ?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Wakey

Cabin : Economy

Should I take the plunge ? Empty
PostSubject: Should I take the plunge ?   Should I take the plunge ? EmptyWed Jan 15, 2020 10:29 am

Good morning all, glad the rain has relented.
I've been after my own slice of VW for a while now having had a dad who had several campers when I was a lad.
I had a nose round at Henfield yesterday accompanied by the excellent Tim, and I'm now very tempted by all I saw.
I have limited space at home for parking, and having a car in storage already don't want to shell out for more costs, these would fit the bill.
looking at this forum, it seems they are a good buy for fun, travel, and general days out. Should I ?
Back to top Go down
daveb101

daveb101

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: Should I take the plunge ?   Should I take the plunge ? EmptyWed Jan 15, 2020 10:52 am

If you can park it, afford it and maintain it then yes absolutley. But though modern in some regard they are not a modern van. It would not replace my daily drive for me for instance. When you say shell out more costs, I would imagine no car is cost neutral and owning one of these will cost more than a Kia for instance. But yes for smile miles, there is no comparison.
Back to top Go down
beakyboy

beakyboy

Cabin : Flight 019

PostSubject: Re: Should I take the plunge ?   Should I take the plunge ? EmptyWed Jan 15, 2020 5:24 pm

Go for it , you only live once Very Happy

Seriously though you do need to consider all of what daveb has said above.
We are lucky enough to have ours sat in the garage when not in use , if your's would be left on the road in all weathers you'll need to consider a cover and the vehicle being damaged by the general public when passing.

We wouldn't be without ours despite not using her as much as we would like or should.

________________________________________________________________________________
Steve,  Jo  TigerLily and Carra the Child lovin' Golden Cocker  sunny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should I take the plunge ?   Should I take the plunge ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Should I take the plunge ?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
brazilianvwbay.com :: The Usual Stuff :: General Discussion-
Jump to: