brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Suitability for tall person

Go down 
+6
osg
Voyager
TimV
AbsintheKombi
Ardigon
Scotsrogue
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Scotsrogue

Scotsrogue

Cabin : Club

Suitability for tall person Empty
PostSubject: Suitability for tall person   Suitability for tall person EmptyMon Jan 18, 2021 5:39 pm

Hi guys

I am new here and seriously looking at a van right now. Due to Covid I can’t view it.

What I need to know is

1. Will I get a comfortable driving position

2. Will the bed be long enough

3 Will I be ok for headroom with roof up

I am 6’4” so am a bit worried

Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
Ardigon

Ardigon

PostSubject: Re: Suitability for tall person   Suitability for tall person EmptyMon Jan 18, 2021 7:37 pm

Hi welcome

I am 5 7 so no problem for me. I would say if your kitchen isn't behind you, you will be able to put the seat back. Mine is left Hand Drive and there is little leg room because the units are behind me
The bed might be close
Head room with roof up no problem at all

Hope it might help def don't buy one with no pop up
Back to top Go down
http://www.ardigonsky.com
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

Cabin : Exec 013

PostSubject: Re: Suitability for tall person   Suitability for tall person EmptyMon Jan 18, 2021 7:40 pm

I’m 6’5” and we’ve had our van for almost 10 years from new.

I’m a bit atypical because I’ve got a long body and (relatively) short legs (34”). I have no problem standing with the pop top up and in bed I tend to angle my body to avoid my feet dangling over the end.

Because of my long body I have to slightly stoop (it’s my natural position anyway 😉) to see out of the windscreen but I don’t think most people would have a problem.

Hope this helps.

________________________________________________________________________________
Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder

Blog: C13MPR

Finalist in the Caravan Club Caravanner of the Year Competition 2016

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
http://www.c13mpr.com
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: Suitability for tall person   Suitability for tall person EmptyMon Jan 18, 2021 8:19 pm

From a member of our Facebook group:

I’m 6’ 5”.
I can obviously only vouch for certain facts if it’s a Danbury conversion.
With the roof raised, height will be no issue inside. There is ample headroom unless you have a roof bed folded out.
The bed will be a little short but still comfortable. Being tall, I’m used to my toes dangling off the edge of a bed.
For the driving position, this really depends on leg vs body length. You will probably find that you feel a little cramped but this is usual for most cars we fit into.
I’d be making sure there is no swivel seat base on the drivers seat as this raises the height of the seat and your eyeline will be way above the top of the windscreen. Cue the back pain.
If you don’t have enough leg room in the drivers seat, all is not lost. You have a couple of options to give yourself some space. You can bend up a couple of prongs on the back of the seat runner that allow the seat to move further back.
The slightly more drastic option is to have the rails ground off and re-welded further back.
Hope this helps.

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Suitability for tall person Melogo11
Back to top Go down
Scotsrogue

Scotsrogue

PostSubject: Re: Suitability for tall person   Suitability for tall person EmptyMon Jan 18, 2021 9:04 pm

Thank you all so much for the information. I have 34” legs so it was the clearance under the steering wheel I was also concerned about. If I angled myself in bed would that leave sufficient room for my partner?
Back to top Go down
Voyager

Voyager

Cabin : Flight 044

PostSubject: Re: Suitability for tall person   Suitability for tall person EmptyMon Jan 18, 2021 9:22 pm

I'm 6'1" with 32" legs. Driving position is fine for me, plenty of headroom but I have to lean forward to see traffic lights when stopped. The bed is fine for me, you might possibly find it a bit short. The Diamond model with a full width bed might work best for you.
Back to top Go down
osg

osg

Cabin : Exec 015

PostSubject: Re: Suitability for tall person   Suitability for tall person EmptyTue Jan 19, 2021 10:09 am

If you are a big person then certainly the bigger bed of the Diamond model would be recommended
osg
Back to top Go down
Scotsrogue

Scotsrogue

PostSubject: Re: Suitability for tall person   Suitability for tall person EmptyTue Jan 19, 2021 10:42 am

Thank you all for your help so far. 👍🏻
Back to top Go down
PeteH

Cabin : Exec 079

PostSubject: Re: Suitability for tall person   Suitability for tall person EmptyTue Jan 19, 2021 12:05 pm

Hi there, great to hear you are considering joining us. I agree with Voyager and osg. The Diamond full width bed is to be recommended. Driving position is pretty comfortable and like Voyager I also find I lean forward to see the traffic lights. Remember the Brazibay also has a couple of inches more headroom in the cab due to the higher profile cab roof than a standard T2. The distance from the back of the seat squab to the headlining is about 40" and from the underside of the steering wheel to the floor about 24". Hope this helps.

Pete and Sue.
Back to top Go down
Wendy Smith

PostSubject: Re: Suitability for tall person   Suitability for tall person EmptyTue Jan 19, 2021 12:33 pm

Hi, we have the diamond version and my husband pulls the junk box (also known as the chaise lounge 😂) to the bed so his feet don't hang off the end.
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

PostSubject: Re: Suitability for tall person   Suitability for tall person EmptyTue Jan 19, 2021 5:46 pm

I'm 6'1'' and have no issues with Scooby (Rio layout)

Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
Scotsrogue

Scotsrogue

PostSubject: Re: Suitability for tall person   Suitability for tall person EmptyTue Jan 19, 2021 9:49 pm

Thank you all for your kind advice and words of wisdom. I decided to take a leap of faith and buy the bus. I feel excited but a bit afraid of the unknown. Have never bought a vehicle without seeing it before but Tim at VWKampers made the process so easy.

TimV likes this post

Back to top Go down
osg

osg

Cabin : Exec 015

PostSubject: Re: Suitability for tall person   Suitability for tall person EmptyWed Jan 20, 2021 1:52 pm

Scotsrogue,
Please to hear that you are now a BraziBay-owning member of the Forum.
Hope that your next decade with it is as happy as the past years in ours.
osg
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

PostSubject: Re: Suitability for tall person   Suitability for tall person EmptyWed Jan 20, 2021 1:59 pm

Scotsrogue wrote:
I decided to take a leap of faith and buy the bus. I feel excited but a bit afraid of the unknown.

Congratulations on your purchase - what colour is your Kombi?

Doo post a pic or two on here when you have your Kombi Smile

Back to top Go down
Scotsrogue

Scotsrogue

PostSubject: Re: Suitability for tall person   Suitability for tall person EmptyWed Jan 20, 2021 3:04 pm

Suitability for tall person Db5af810

Suitability for tall person 1d1d6e1

This is it here. A 14 plate with just over 9000 miles.

Voyager, Bumble and PeteH like this post

Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

PostSubject: Re: Suitability for tall person   Suitability for tall person EmptyWed Jan 20, 2021 4:54 pm

Cool - Thanks for sharing - Like the colour Cool

Back to top Go down
PeteH

Cabin : Exec 079

PostSubject: Re: Suitability for tall person   Suitability for tall person EmptyWed Jan 20, 2021 7:30 pm

Great to hear you've decided join us. Your van looks great.

Pete and Sue.
Back to top Go down
Scotsrogue

Scotsrogue

PostSubject: Re: Suitability for tall person   Suitability for tall person EmptyThu Jan 21, 2021 12:17 am

Suitability for tall person A83bb310

This is the interior. Thanks for the kind welcome.

Voyager likes this post

Back to top Go down
harryhornet

harryhornet

Cabin : Exec 027

PostSubject: Re: Suitability for tall person   Suitability for tall person EmptyThu Jan 21, 2021 8:42 am

What a great looking Kombi.
Welcome aboard.
It’ll be great to see you at one of our meets (when we allowed!)
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

PostSubject: Re: Suitability for tall person   Suitability for tall person EmptyFri Jan 22, 2021 10:24 am

FAB blue cupboards Cool

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suitability for tall person   Suitability for tall person Empty

Back to top Go down

Suitability for tall person
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
brazilianvwbay.com :: The Usual Stuff :: General Discussion-
Jump to: