brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Introducing Juniper

Go down 
+7
Dee James
dazdub
Scooby
osg
Bumble
Voyager
Bandyrooks
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Bandyrooks

Bandyrooks

Cabin : Club

Introducing Juniper Empty
PostSubject: Introducing Juniper   Introducing Juniper EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 10:56 am

Good morning all!  My wife and I would like you to meet Juniper, who we've had for the grand total of 9 days.  Our three kids, 10, 8 and 6, have fallen in love with her, as have we, despite a slightly inauspicious start a broken clutch cable the day after we drive her back.  All fixed now!  She's a five seat with a Vanwurks kitchen and pop top - we're currently investigating ways of getting enough bed space for all five of us to sleep.  If anyone knows of an air bed which will fit across the front seats, let me know!  She's our first camper of any type, so we've got a steep learning curve.

We've already enjoyed bacon rolls cooked by the beach, and a cold beer with friends courtesy of the fridge.  We're also already looking at the little touches of personalisation to make her our own - starting with VW logo valve caps on the wheels!  There's also a few bits and bobs which could do with some TLC - she's in great nick from what we can tell, but as with any older car, there's stuff to do.  The kids are excited to get involved, and I've had them all with their heads in the 'engine room', explaining what does what, as much as I know!  

Very interested to look at the steering - I've quickly discovered the 'wander' at high speed that I see many have talked about here on the forum.  I'm learning to love the gearbox - and getting a great sense of satisfaction from a clean change.  Working up the distances - we did about eighty miles yesterday.  Also want to look at moving the accelerator - it seems way too high, and as it seems to be electronic, I'm hoping that's not a tricky task.  

Lots to learn, but I think we're going to enjoy van life!  I look forward to picking your brains over the coming years.

TimV and Bumble like this post

Back to top Go down
Voyager

Voyager

Cabin : Flight 044

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Juniper   Introducing Juniper EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 5:22 pm

There is a topic about cab bunks for kids: https://brazilianvwbay.forumotion.com/t765-cab-bunk-for-kids
Back to top Go down
Bumble

Bumble

Cabin : Exec 049

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Juniper   Introducing Juniper EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 7:56 pm

With five in the van, for any time, I would suggest the best solution for both sleeping and for sanity would be a drive-away awning.

There's several threads about drive-away awnings and while it's one more thing to take and put up, you've got the children to help putting it up and could mean you don't end up having to go to bed at the same time as the youngest, or all having to be very quiet after the first one goes to bed! Basketball

Looking forward to seeing some pictures as well!

P.
Back to top Go down
Bandyrooks

Bandyrooks

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Juniper   Introducing Juniper EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 9:14 pm

Thanks guys! I'll get a photo up when I can get the technology to work - not sure my phone and the forum are taking to each other properly.

The cab bunk would definitely be good, but my daughter is probably a little heavy for it already. My wife found a camp bed, looks like a stretcher, which sits across the door cards of a T4, but it's much too long for a T2. That's when we got to thinking about the air bed. We have a big bell tent for any trip longer than a night, but we were looking for options for the odd stop off or unplanned overnight stay.

Had another successful trip out today - the second attempt at the picnic aborted by the clutch cable, but we made it this time!!

Bumble likes this post

Back to top Go down
osg

osg

Cabin : Exec 015

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Juniper   Introducing Juniper EmptyMon Jun 21, 2021 10:04 am

Good to hear from a new member, especially one who says they will be here for years to come.
osg
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Juniper   Introducing Juniper EmptyMon Jun 21, 2021 5:15 pm

Hi and welcome to the Forum Smile
Glad you have already started your adventures with Juniper - long may it last Cool  
Doo try and post some pics of Juniper - Scooby doo like pics Laughing
Maybe we shall see you out and about during the season!
All the best
jocolor

________________________________________________________________________________
Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
dazdub

dazdub

Cabin : Exec 012

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Juniper   Introducing Juniper EmptyMon Jun 21, 2021 8:31 pm

Hi and welcome when we used to camp with 5 we used a cab bunk and found it very good Smile
Back to top Go down
Bandyrooks

Bandyrooks

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Juniper   Introducing Juniper EmptyTue Jun 22, 2021 9:06 am

Thanks Dazdub! And may I say, I love Yoshi's colour! I have a Mazda2 in a similar green - my wife says I'm very 16-bit when it comes to colours. I like them bold and primary!

Thanks for the Welcome, Scooby. Still trying to get a picture up - the forum page keeps refusing it for some reason. I don't know if it's a quirk of the Firefox browser - I'll try it in something else. And definitely hoping to meet up with some of the crowd when Boris let's us - I have many questions which would be answered far more easily in person. There's nothing quite like standing around an engine and pointing at bits with like-minded people.
Back to top Go down
Bandyrooks

Bandyrooks

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Juniper   Introducing Juniper EmptyTue Jun 22, 2021 9:08 am

Hopefully, here she is!Introducing Juniper Junipe11

Bumble likes this post

Back to top Go down
Dee James

Dee James

Cabin : Exec 086

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Juniper   Introducing Juniper EmptyTue Jun 22, 2021 2:30 pm

Hi and Welcome. We always camp with 4 of us and now our lock down dog. . .

There's a hammock you can get to go across the front seats for a T2 I believe? As others have said a decent size awning could be the way to go with 5 though
Back to top Go down
beakyboy

beakyboy

Cabin : Flight 019

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Juniper   Introducing Juniper EmptyTue Jun 22, 2021 2:38 pm

Welcome to the forum , good to see another Kent Kombi, look forward to seeing you our and about.

________________________________________________________________________________
Steve,  Jo  TigerLily and Carra the Child lovin' Golden Cocker  sunny
Back to top Go down
Bandyrooks

Bandyrooks

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Juniper   Introducing Juniper EmptyTue Jun 22, 2021 4:01 pm

Hi guys!

We looked at the hammock, but we were advised against it. My daughter is six and only getting bigger! My wife has now find something called a 'glanopy' (who comes up with these names???), which will allow us to attach Juniper to our Bell tent. It's a driveaway of sorts as well, so we'll see how that goes!

We'll wave across the Thames to Sulley, and keep an eye out for TigerLily - she looks easy to spot! You'll need to keep an eye out for our Dog-lovin' daughter, though - she might try to adopt Carra!
Back to top Go down
harryhornet

harryhornet

Cabin : Exec 027

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Juniper   Introducing Juniper EmptyTue Jun 22, 2021 5:44 pm

Hi and welcome. I think your Glanopy is made by a company called Glawning. A few of us have their drive away bell tent style awnings.
Hopefully see you out and about in the near future.
Back to top Go down
ZippyBay

ZippyBay

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Juniper   Introducing Juniper EmptyWed Jun 23, 2021 5:54 pm

Welcome to the forum! With respect the accelerator pedal being high, my wife being a physio decided it wouldn't do either of use any good getting up and down to it. So she has fixed a small wooden block on the floor (under our carpets) so our foot can rest on the block and not travel so far up and down. It's stopped a lot of pain! When I took Zippy for a service the garage commented whether or not we knew there was a block on the floor and when we explained he just said he wouldn't argue with a phsyio!

Bumble likes this post

Back to top Go down
Skytiger

Skytiger

Cabin : Exec 008

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Juniper   Introducing Juniper EmptyWed Jun 23, 2021 9:02 pm

Hello and welcome, nice looking bus Smile
Theres just the 2 of us and 2 dogs, so can't advise on the sleeping arrangements for 5, other than maybe involving gin Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Juniper   Introducing Juniper Empty

Back to top Go down

Introducing Juniper
Page 1 of 1