brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Alternative curtain fittings

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
cliffandsarah

cliffandsarah

Cabin : Club

Alternative curtain fittings Empty
PostSubject: Alternative curtain fittings   Alternative curtain fittings EmptyMon Sep 20, 2021 8:11 pm

Has anyone found a good alternative option for curtains? I want to replace our curtains anyway and thought I'd consider other ways such as drop down style - any ideas/ Pictures? Websites? Thanks
Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Tallulah

Cabin : Flight 011

PostSubject: Re: Alternative curtain fittings   Alternative curtain fittings EmptyTue Sep 21, 2021 8:47 am

We made our own blinds with magnets down into the hems to hold them in place and ‘tabs’ with a magnet on the end to hold when rolled up.

________________________________________________________________________________
www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Twitter: @AlpineGrove
Facebook: facebook.com/alpinegrovetouringpark
                                                      Former owners of the amazing Tallulah (2011 to 2021)
Proud winners of Spikes Trophy, 2016.
Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
http://www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Purple

PostSubject: Re: Alternative curtain fittings   Alternative curtain fittings EmptyTue Sep 21, 2021 9:11 am

Just bought a full set of thermal blinds with sucker pad fitment. Ebay seller offers at the moment come in at less than £60 for all 8 windows.
Back to top Go down
cliffandsarah

cliffandsarah

PostSubject: Re: Alternative curtain fittings   Alternative curtain fittings EmptyFri Oct 01, 2021 11:25 am

Tallulah wrote:
We made our own blinds with magnets down into the hems to hold them in place and ‘tabs’ with a magnet on the end to hold when rolled up.

Hi Tallulah - any chance of sending pics? How were they fixed above the windows? I think this sounds like what I'm thinking. Cliff
Back to top Go down
cliffandsarah

cliffandsarah

PostSubject: Re: Alternative curtain fittings   Alternative curtain fittings EmptyFri Oct 01, 2021 11:27 am

Purple wrote:
Just bought a full set of thermal blinds with sucker pad fitment. Ebay seller offers at the moment come in at less than £60 for all 8 windows.

Hi Purple, thanks for that. I've got the sucker fitted things, really good for the cold. Just need considering ideas on different curtain options really. Cliff
Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

Cabin : Exec 013

PostSubject: Re: Alternative curtain fittings   Alternative curtain fittings EmptyFri Oct 01, 2021 7:41 pm

👍

Last edited by AbsintheKombi on Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.c13mpr.com
Purple

PostSubject: Re: Alternative curtain fittings   Alternative curtain fittings EmptySat Oct 02, 2021 8:59 am

cliffandsarah wrote:
Purple wrote:

Hi Purple, thanks for that. I've got the sucker fitted things, really good for the cold. Just need considering ideas on different curtain options really. Cliff

I use the blinds instead of curtains, don't see the need for both ?
Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Tallulah

Cabin : Flight 011

PostSubject: Re: Alternative curtain fittings   Alternative curtain fittings EmptyWed Oct 06, 2021 8:31 am

cliffandsarah wrote:
Tallulah wrote:

Hi Tallulah - any chance of sending pics? How were they fixed above the windows? I think this sounds like what I'm thinking. Cliff

No pics of them in Tallulah I'm afraid. We took the curtain rails off and attached the new curtains using small screws and magnets using the same holes. The loops/tabs were attached at the same points so when the blinds were rolled up the tabs would hold them in place with the magnets.

Alternative curtain fittings 51boao10

More magnets (without holes) were sown into the hems of the curtains and into the hanging end of the loops/tabs - make sure you get these the right way round otherwise the loops won's stay up.

________________________________________________________________________________
www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Twitter: @AlpineGrove
Facebook: facebook.com/alpinegrovetouringpark
                                                      Former owners of the amazing Tallulah (2011 to 2021)
Proud winners of Spikes Trophy, 2016.
Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
http://www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alternative curtain fittings   Alternative curtain fittings Empty

Back to top Go down

Alternative curtain fittings
Page 1 of 1