brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Hello from a first time van owner!

Go down 
+4
beakyboy
Jubi
Bob
rpcoles
8 posters
AuthorMessage
rpcoles

Hello from a first time van owner! Empty
PostSubject: Hello from a first time van owner!   Hello from a first time van owner! EmptyFri Jul 14, 2023 6:11 pm

Just wanted to say Hello to everyone!
Bought a 2004 Aircooled a few weeks ago; first time owning a van.
Planning on doing as much work on it myself as possible. Never really worked on vehicles before but used to fix aircraft for a living so how hard can it be!!?? Joking, I'm expecting a fair bit of blood sweat and tears.
I'll be trawling the site for existing advice - already had a crack at a dashboard illumination issue and found some good stuff here. What I could really do with is an equivalent Haynes manual tho (does one exist?) and some wiring diagrams. Anyone offer a suggestion?
Wish me luck!
Back to top Go down
Bob

Bob

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: Hello from a first time van owner!   Hello from a first time van owner! EmptyFri Jul 14, 2023 9:28 pm

I find the ‘How to keep your Volkswagen alive’ book quite useful. Mines a 2004 aircooled. I’ve done the throttle cable conversion, had litesteer installed and fitted a big screen audio unit with Apple CarPlay. Key things are oil changes, tappet adjustments, tyre inflation and grease front end. I’ve adjusted king pins and tightened wheel bearings but never found them to need much. Other than that keep on top of rust and battery life.
Back to top Go down
Jubi

Jubi

PostSubject: Re: Hello from a first time van owner!   Hello from a first time van owner! EmptySat Jul 15, 2023 8:42 am

Hi there! You're def in the right place for good advice. Hopefully you'll spend more time in your bus than under it though!
Back to top Go down
beakyboy

beakyboy

Cabin : Flight 019

PostSubject: Re: Hello from a first time van owner!   Hello from a first time van owner! EmptySat Jul 15, 2023 8:50 am

Welcome to the forum and kombi ownership, hope to see you at a club event in due course

________________________________________________________________________________
Steve,  Jo  TigerLily and Carra the Child lovin' Golden Cocker  sunny
Back to top Go down
osg

osg

Cabin : Exec 015

PostSubject: Re: Hello from a first time van owner!   Hello from a first time van owner! EmptySat Jul 15, 2023 9:57 am

Good to have a new member keen to keep their BraziBay - and the Forum - ticking over
osg
Back to top Go down
Favguy

Favguy

PostSubject: Re: Hello from a first time van owner!   Hello from a first time van owner! EmptySat Jul 15, 2023 12:37 pm

Welcome. A late 70's German bay workshop manual will be generally valid for your bus with a pre '67 split screen manual covering the front suspension.
Back to top Go down
dazdub

dazdub

Cabin : Exec 012

PostSubject: Re: Hello from a first time van owner!   Hello from a first time van owner! EmptyTue Jul 18, 2023 7:14 am

Hi and welcome Smile
Back to top Go down
Skytiger

Skytiger

Cabin : Exec 008

PostSubject: Re: Hello from a first time van owner!   Hello from a first time van owner! EmptyWed Jul 26, 2023 9:57 pm

Hello and welcome! Hope you enjoy your new bus
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from a first time van owner!   Hello from a first time van owner! Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello from a first time van owner!
Page 1 of 1