brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

About to buy a Brazillian Bay, Insurance advice please

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
kiteman

kiteman

Cabin : Exec 002

About to buy a Brazillian Bay, Insurance advice please Empty
PostSubject: Re: About to buy a Brazillian Bay, Insurance advice please   About to buy a Brazillian Bay, Insurance advice please EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 6:35 pm

I'm with Adrian Flux, told them what I had and they new everything about them. Used Sureterm last year and no problems with them either.

________________________________________________________________________________
About to buy a Brazillian Bay, Insurance advice please Img_4810

Ginger man without a ginger van  sunny
Back to top Go down
olive

olive

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: About to buy a Brazillian Bay, Insurance advice please   About to buy a Brazillian Bay, Insurance advice please EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 7:57 pm

Its not classed as an import as it becomes a new registered vehicle @ DVLA once it is adapted into a motorhome. All of the other insurance companies quoted previously are good. I am with safeguard and have been for 5 years they have excellent cover for valuables and roadside assist etc. Quote them your model and it doesnt matter who the supplier is, Danbury, VWDownunder etc
Back to top Go down
olive

olive

PostSubject: Re: About to buy a Brazillian Bay, Insurance advice please   About to buy a Brazillian Bay, Insurance advice please EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 8:27 pm

conqual wrote:
Many thanks everyone for the advice. Does it make a difference to the insurance if it is still LHD?

I have LHD and it doesnt make a difference with Safegaurd. Also good choice having the LHD. You drive closer to the kerb hugging it around bends..theres no problem with overtaking, steering is as it should be..read earlier posts. Only slight problem with tolls etc...but you just lean over and hold up the traffic behind.When the pass and wave their fists just wave back Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Daz

Daz

PostSubject: Re: About to buy a Brazillian Bay, Insurance advice please   About to buy a Brazillian Bay, Insurance advice please EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 9:23 pm

Just sorted out the insurance for my 2003 Danbury Camper today. The Danbury website mentions four companies:
Safeguard Insurance, Sureterm Insurance, Caravan Guard Insurance and Adrian Flux; I was insured with Lifesure last year.
Adrian Flux was the best for me but it depends on exactly what you need. I use my camper as a daily driver and as such needed covering for 'commuting' as well as 'social domestic and pleasure'. I found some of the policies on offer did not cover commuting. Level of insurance relating to awnings and belongings etc. seemed to vary quite a bit. Limited mileage will help as well. There are many options such as European travel, breakdown cover, the list goes on and on!!!
Sorry to complicate things, but like I said it depends on exactly what you want from the policy.
Hope this helps! Wink
Back to top Go down
Daz

Daz

PostSubject: Re: About to buy a Brazillian Bay, Insurance advice please   About to buy a Brazillian Bay, Insurance advice please EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 10:53 pm

No problem

________________________________________________________________________________
SOLD 2003 Brazilian VW Bay Danbury Rio SOLD
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

PostSubject: Re: About to buy a Brazillian Bay, Insurance advice please   About to buy a Brazillian Bay, Insurance advice please EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 8:48 am

We are with Adrian Flux
Agree with the points raised by others
Wish you well with your BraziBay Cool

Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: About to buy a Brazillian Bay, Insurance advice please   About to buy a Brazillian Bay, Insurance advice please EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 7:23 pm

Ah ... you wouldn't happen to have bought the silver one from Johnsons would you?

Regardless - you're welcome to stay and enjoy the banter and we look forward to hearing from your daughter about her new BraziBay.

Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

About to buy a Brazillian Bay, Insurance advice please Melogo11
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: About to buy a Brazillian Bay, Insurance advice please   About to buy a Brazillian Bay, Insurance advice please Empty

Back to top Go down

About to buy a Brazillian Bay, Insurance advice please
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
brazilianvwbay.com :: The Usual Stuff :: General Discussion-
Jump to: