brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Location Location Location

Go down 
+4
Baydreamer
TimV
olive
Scooby
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Scooby

Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

Location Location Location Empty
PostSubject: Location Location Location   Location Location Location EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 4:54 pm

Hey Tim
Would it be possible to have a map of the UK on the site with a "dot" indicating the location of each member?
It would be good to see the coverage across the UK and may help other members get in touch?
Especially if placing your cursor over the dot and the members details could come up.
It may of course be too complex or costly to set up, but just a thought.
Dont know what others might think - useful or not?
All the best Cool

________________________________________________________________________________
Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
olive

olive

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: Location Location Location   Location Location Location EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 4:57 pm

Scooby wrote:
Hey Tim
Would it be possible to have a map of the UK on the site with a "dot" indicating the location of each member?
It would be good to see the coverage across the UK and may help other members get in touch?
Especially if placing your cursor over the dot and the members details could come up.
It may of course be too complex or costly to set up, but just a thought.
Dont know what others might think - useful or not?
All the best Cool

I guess you have seen this on the late bay website
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

PostSubject: Re: Location Location Location   Location Location Location EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 5:01 pm

Have not been on that site (will look at now though) but it just seems a good idea to us Cool

________________________________________________________________________________
Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: Location Location Location   Location Location Location EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 5:41 pm

Funnily enough I was thinking we needed something like that this week. When this weekend is done and dusted I'll look into it.

Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Location Location Location Melogo11
Back to top Go down
Baydreamer

Baydreamer

PostSubject: Re: Location Location Location   Location Location Location EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 6:07 pm

sounds like a great idea if you can fit it in-in between polishing your van of course!! lol!
Back to top Go down
Matt

Matt

PostSubject: Re: Location Location Location   Location Location Location EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 6:25 pm

you get a map of who's on line if you click on 'view the whole list' in the box on the right, we just need everyone on line.

Matt.

Location Location Location Img_2014
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Location Location Location   Location Location Location EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 6:25 pm

Mmmm I'm deliberating over the minor details now..... must crack on.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
eddy

eddy

Cabin : Exec 014

PostSubject: Re: Location Location Location   Location Location Location EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 9:41 pm

Matt wrote:
you get a map of who's on line if you click on 'view the whole list' in the box on the right, we just need everyone on line.

thats a natty little facility i didnt know about Matt......

regards,

eddy
Back to top Go down
osg

osg

Cabin : Exec 015

PostSubject: Re: Location Location Location   Location Location Location EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 10:34 pm

Matt wrote:

I have just tried this - the map shows that I am just north of Skipton. But I am actually at home on Merseyside. Not sure what is represented on the map but it could be some aspect of internet server usage.

osg
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Location Location Location   Location Location Location EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 11:42 pm

I think it works on an address for your ISP.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
Matt

Matt

PostSubject: Re: Location Location Location   Location Location Location EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 12:41 am

its put me in some odd places at times too, but generally its about right. We had 4 unknown americans the other day when i looked, which means they were proberbly from skegness

Matt.

Back to top Go down
kiteman

kiteman

Cabin : Exec 002

PostSubject: Re: Location Location Location   Location Location Location EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 12:47 pm

It's showing me in Hemel Hempstead when I at Heathrow.

Location Location Location Img_4810

Ginger man without a ginger van  sunny
Back to top Go down
Matt

Matt

PostSubject: Re: Location Location Location   Location Location Location EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 2:02 pm

I often look at the whose on line 'view as a whole list' map just to see who is where. Now i know this map is a little off on your placement, as it has me 10 miles down the road on the other side of southampton, but just out of interest i look. Today however it has out done itself. Tim V was showing at being in 2 places about 40 miles apart. Unless Tim has seperate log ons for himself and his van, and he was out in his Audi, i think we can certainly say the map thing is broke.

Matt.

Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Location Location Location   Location Location Location EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 4:25 pm

New one coming soon folks.

I do login at different spots though Matt. Got to keep an eye on the shop!

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Location Location Location   Location Location Location Empty

Back to top Go down

Location Location Location
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
brazilianvwbay.com :: The Usual Stuff :: Site Feedback-