brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Brazillian Bay/Split In New Zealand

Go down 
+7
TimV
ralphywilliams
thesplitsombrero
dazdub
Baydreamer
kiteman
nzsubaru
11 posters
AuthorMessage
nzsubaru

Cabin : Economy

Brazillian Bay/Split In New Zealand Empty
PostSubject: Brazillian Bay/Split In New Zealand   Brazillian Bay/Split In New Zealand EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 7:27 am

I just brought a 1980 Brazillian assembled bus and am starting a minor refurbishment to restore it to what it should be.
Bringing it home
Brazillian Bay/Split In New Zealand Kombitow
One big oil Leak
Brazillian Bay/Split In New Zealand Kombimotor
Good solid floor
Brazillian Bay/Split In New Zealand Kombiunderside2
Brazillian Bay/Split In New Zealand Kombirearfloor
Somehow this is the worst rust in the van
Brazillian Bay/Split In New Zealand Rustrhcorner
Front end
Brazillian Bay/Split In New Zealand Frontrhlower
Initial Cleaning
Brazillian Bay/Split In New Zealand Cleanishmotor
Starting to strip it out to tidy
Brazillian Bay/Split In New Zealand Sidestripped

Well that's about it so far, have gasket set, Carb kit, Pushrod Tubes, and various bits on the way to start the work, all window rubbers will be replace and van repainted as close to original as possible.
Back to top Go down
kiteman

kiteman

Cabin : Exec 002

PostSubject: Re: Brazillian Bay/Split In New Zealand   Brazillian Bay/Split In New Zealand EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 2:25 pm

Welcome to the forum, looks like a nice project you have ahead, looking forward to seeing the progress.

________________________________________________________________________________
Brazillian Bay/Split In New Zealand Img_4810

Ginger man without a ginger van  sunny
Back to top Go down
Baydreamer

Baydreamer

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: Brazillian Bay/Split In New Zealand   Brazillian Bay/Split In New Zealand EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 5:41 pm

cool van!! love the barn doors and your story. Keep the reports coming!! best wishes
Paul
Back to top Go down
dazdub

dazdub

Cabin : Exec 012

PostSubject: Re: Brazillian Bay/Split In New Zealand   Brazillian Bay/Split In New Zealand EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 7:18 pm

cool van all the best with resto
Back to top Go down
nzsubaru

PostSubject: Re: Brazillian Bay/Split In New Zealand   Brazillian Bay/Split In New Zealand EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 3:57 am

Well the bus isn't quite looking it's self at the moment, Stripped the obvious rust and primed with POR15
Brazillian Bay/Split In New Zealand Sidestripped
Starting removing windows, All window rubber will be replaced with new ones as they has shrunk and has splits that had been sealed with dodgy silicone which didn't work well and is half the reason for the rust

Front floor is pretty solid
Brazillian Bay/Split In New Zealand Kombifrontinsidefloor
cargo floor also pretty good, will be stripped, cleaned, POR15 pained and resprayed in original white before rubber mat goes back down

No rust here...just some weird brackets???
Brazillian Bay/Split In New Zealand Kombiunderside2

Aircooled type 1 carb motor
Brazillian Bay/Split In New Zealand Kombimotor

Rear end is a Bitsa, Bits of this bits of that but is as it left the factory
Brazillian Bay/Split In New Zealand KombiUnderside

Some of the worst rust
Brazillian Bay/Split In New Zealand Rustrhcorner

Front end
Brazillian Bay/Split In New Zealand Frontunderside

The front end
Brazillian Bay/Split In New Zealand Front-1

motor half out
Brazillian Bay/Split In New Zealand Cleanishmotor

A hole
Brazillian Bay/Split In New Zealand Kombiemptyass

Removing paint
Brazillian Bay/Split In New Zealand Vanbackpaintstripped

The van will be repainted close to the original colours, still trying to find the names and codes for the original paint.
Back to top Go down
Baydreamer

Baydreamer

PostSubject: Re: Brazillian Bay/Split In New Zealand   Brazillian Bay/Split In New Zealand EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 12:29 pm

I have a link for the brazillian combi showing your van with the double doors to the side. I think i got it from this site. The bracket may be for an alternative way of storing the spare wheel underneath the vehicle from the picture I have on p35 of the document.
Your vehicle also appears to be purpose right hand drive rather than a lefty which is interesting. pm me if you would like a copy of the manual. Keep up the great work!
Back to top Go down
thesplitsombrero

thesplitsombrero

PostSubject: Re: Brazillian Bay/Split In New Zealand   Brazillian Bay/Split In New Zealand EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 3:24 pm

Welcome aboard shipwreck! I love the bay/split combo. Great project mate lookin forward to following the progress are you north or south island? pirat
Back to top Go down
nzsubaru

PostSubject: Re: Brazillian Bay/Split In New Zealand   Brazillian Bay/Split In New Zealand EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 9:59 am

thesplitsombrero wrote:
Welcome aboard shipwreck! I love the bay/split combo. Great project mate lookin forward to following the progress are you north or south island? pirat
Right at the bottom of the South Island
Back to top Go down
thesplitsombrero

thesplitsombrero

PostSubject: Re: Brazillian Bay/Split In New Zealand   Brazillian Bay/Split In New Zealand EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 3:38 am

Nice part of the world mate! Got a mate who moved out about 4 years back he lives at Burnham nr Christchurch, my rello's are in the north island Upper Hutt and Aukland managed to get over there in 1988 spent the two weeks driving around in a mk 4 cortina and a triumph 2000 Cool good luck with the resto mate Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ralphywilliams

PostSubject: Re: Brazillian Bay/Split In New Zealand   Brazillian Bay/Split In New Zealand EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 7:32 am

Outstanding...

I too have one of these combination Kombis. It's not nearly as nice a condition as yours... A big project for sure. It's a Panel van converted to windows... I am currently scraping underseal of the bottom in preparation for appropriate sandblasting.

I am stoked to see a forum for Brazilian Kombis. My machine seem to be a real mishmash of tech... Drum brakes all round, old style handbrake. NO HEATER DUCTING! not even holes for it.

Back to top Go down
thesplitsombrero

thesplitsombrero

PostSubject: Re: Brazillian Bay/Split In New Zealand   Brazillian Bay/Split In New Zealand EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 8:10 am

Hi Ralphy, mate these things from whatever era are a money pit, but hey how cool are they Cool keep going matey and post some snaps of the beasty all the best pirat
Back to top Go down
ralphywilliams

PostSubject: Re: Brazillian Bay/Split In New Zealand   Brazillian Bay/Split In New Zealand EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 8:10 am

Picture following...

Brazillian Bay/Split In New Zealand Kombi_12

Brazillian Bay/Split In New Zealand Kombi_13
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: Brazillian Bay/Split In New Zealand   Brazillian Bay/Split In New Zealand EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 8:32 am

Hi Ralphy - welcome. Are you in the UK?

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Brazillian Bay/Split In New Zealand Melogo11
Back to top Go down
ralphywilliams

PostSubject: Re: Brazillian Bay/Split In New Zealand   Brazillian Bay/Split In New Zealand EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 8:43 am

Gudday TimV... Great to be here.

No sorry. I'm in New Zealand. Down in Christchurch. Getting ready for winter... Long dark nights in the garage... he he heh.
Back to top Go down
NorthPoles

NorthPoles

PostSubject: Re: Brazillian Bay/Split In New Zealand   Brazillian Bay/Split In New Zealand EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 12:48 pm

Welcome to the forum - great bus! All the best with the project!
Back to top Go down
http://www.retro-holidays-camper-hire.co.uk
michel_bonn

michel_bonn

PostSubject: Re: Brazillian Bay/Split In New Zealand   Brazillian Bay/Split In New Zealand EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 1:47 pm

wecome here in the forum. best luck for your projekt. please show us often the photos about the progress from the car. I hope you have fun here to us. best from germany

http://www.t2-c.de
Back to top Go down
http://www.t2-c.de
thesplitsombrero

thesplitsombrero

PostSubject: Re: Brazillian Bay/Split In New Zealand   Brazillian Bay/Split In New Zealand EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 3:18 pm

Nice one Ralphy! cheers A couple of steinies will keep you going mate looking forward to some more snaps Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Skytiger

Skytiger

Cabin : Exec 008

PostSubject: Re: Brazillian Bay/Split In New Zealand   Brazillian Bay/Split In New Zealand EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 8:54 pm

Got some work ahead of you there, welcome to the forum, good luck with the resto. Looking forward to the updates. Cool
Back to top Go down
Delboy3867

PostSubject: Re: Brazillian Bay/Split In New Zealand   Brazillian Bay/Split In New Zealand EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 8:25 am

Baydreamer wrote:
I have a link for the brazillian combi showing your van with the double doors to the side. I think i got it from this site. The bracket may be for an alternative way of storing the spare wheel underneath the vehicle from the picture I have on p35 of the document.
Your vehicle also appears to be purpose right hand drive rather than a lefty which is interesting. pm me if you would like a copy of the manual. Keep up the great work!

Hi Baydreamer; if you still have that document, I'd LOVE to have a look! I'm also in NZ and doing up the same unit - though mines has a bit more rust than this one!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brazillian Bay/Split In New Zealand   Brazillian Bay/Split In New Zealand Empty

Back to top Go down

Brazillian Bay/Split In New Zealand
Page 1 of 1