brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

At last The boy has landed!

Go down 
+14
dizzylizard
Scooby
Dilly
jj123vw
pastymaster
gazza
Dennis
olive
Skytiger
kiteman
irishman
TimV
Baydreamer
thesplitsombrero
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
thesplitsombrero

thesplitsombrero

Cabin : Economy

At last The boy has landed! Empty
PostSubject: At last The boy has landed!   At last The boy has landed! EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 9:32 am

Well here he is everyone our Flash red little boy, and let the bling begin.

First up was the dust caps,

At last The boy has landed! Split110

next step was to replace the gear knob and hand brake handle

Before

At last The boy has landed! Split210

After

At last The boy has landed! Split310

next step was the hub caps,

At last The boy has landed! Split410

Headlights next

Before

At last The boy has landed! Split510

After

At last The boy has landed! Split610

Now for the interior

Cab doors

At last The boy has landed! Split710

Rear passenger area

At last The boy has landed! Split810
At last The boy has landed! Split910

The panel fit wasn't too bad however the rear load area including tail gate will require new holes to be drilled as the panel holes don't line up next job will be to try and fit R&R bed should be a laugh Very Happy , Have a great weekend all, we're gonna be busy
Back to top Go down
Baydreamer

Baydreamer

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: At last The boy has landed!   At last The boy has landed! EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 11:16 am

cool!! love the colour scheme!
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: At last The boy has landed!   At last The boy has landed! EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 2:34 pm

You see how much fun you and your Kombi can have together?!

It's a bonding experience. Basketball

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

At last The boy has landed! Melogo11
Back to top Go down
irishman

irishman

Cabin : Exec 003

PostSubject: Re: At last The boy has landed!   At last The boy has landed! EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 4:37 pm

Looking good already!
Back to top Go down
kiteman

kiteman

Cabin : Exec 002

PostSubject: Re: At last The boy has landed!   At last The boy has landed! EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 6:30 pm

Loving the gear knob

________________________________________________________________________________
At last The boy has landed! Img_4810

Ginger man without a ginger van  sunny
Back to top Go down
Skytiger

Skytiger

Cabin : Exec 008

PostSubject: Re: At last The boy has landed!   At last The boy has landed! EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 6:45 pm

Looking good - love the vertical stripe on the door cards. Did Newton make the cards?

Hope you're good at rolling the dice to pay for all your modifications! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
olive

olive

PostSubject: Re: At last The boy has landed!   At last The boy has landed! EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 9:05 pm

Looks great, your lucky to have a six speed gearstick lol!
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: At last The boy has landed!   At last The boy has landed! EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 9:20 pm

More like 'throw a six!'

Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

At last The boy has landed! Melogo11
Back to top Go down
Dennis

Cabin : Exec 033

PostSubject: Re: At last The boy has landed!   At last The boy has landed! EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 10:02 pm

Hi loved the head light surrounds and lids where did you get them from. Thanks Tim
Back to top Go down
gazza

gazza

PostSubject: Re: At last The boy has landed!   At last The boy has landed! EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 8:12 pm

You have been busy already. How long do you think before you'll bring it into work? I want some tips on your bling-over (note to others - we work on the same site in Bristol!).
Back to top Go down
pastymaster

pastymaster

PostSubject: Re: At last The boy has landed!   At last The boy has landed! EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 8:40 pm

Looking good Cool

pastymaster

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/pastymaster
jj123vw

jj123vw

Cabin : Business

PostSubject: Re: At last The boy has landed!   At last The boy has landed! EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 11:53 am

Love the dice! (and the glass of wine!!) Very Happy That must be for lubrication ...
Back to top Go down
http://www.danburymotorcaravans.com
Dilly

Dilly

PostSubject: Re: At last The boy has landed!   At last The boy has landed! EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 9:52 pm

The eye brows look great got done for Bertha but they don't fit (or I can't get them too). Can't wait to see it up close next weekend.

Dilly
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

PostSubject: Re: At last The boy has landed!   At last The boy has landed! EmptyMon May 02, 2011 7:16 pm

Looking good
May see you at Brean next weekend?
All the best Cool

Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
Baydreamer

Baydreamer

PostSubject: Re: At last The boy has landed!   At last The boy has landed! EmptySat May 07, 2011 7:40 pm

peppa has posted a link to aerial balls and they have a red dice topper!!! Laughing only
thought it might interest you!
Paul
Back to top Go down
thesplitsombrero

thesplitsombrero

PostSubject: Re: At last The boy has landed!   At last The boy has landed! EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 7:28 am

[quote="Skytiger"]Looking good - love the vertical stripe on the door cards. Did Newton make the cards?

Well first of all I'm sorry for the very late reply to this and other questions on this post I reckon I need a good keel Hauling Ha Haarrr. The Interior has quite a story to it but to answer your question Tiger old chap, it was made by west country trimmers based in Bovey Tracey Devon. A great little company that provides a great personnal service. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
thesplitsombrero

thesplitsombrero

PostSubject: Re: At last The boy has landed!   At last The boy has landed! EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 7:34 am

Dennis wrote:
Hi loved the head light surrounds and lids where did you get them from. Thanks Tim

Hi Tim I got the surrounds and Hub caps from GSF. The quality isn't that good as they are made in Brazil Sad . The surrounds are chrome plastic and the hub caps have half a micron of chrome. I am in the proccess of finding a genuine one to match the 3 I have from my 74 Bay, the Braz ones were corroding within 3 Summer months!
Back to top Go down
thesplitsombrero

thesplitsombrero

PostSubject: Re: At last The boy has landed!   At last The boy has landed! EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 7:44 am

mhami wrote:
Hi there, where did you get the chrome handbrake pull and was it easy to fit? Thanks Matt.

Hi Matt, the Handbrake is a Billet ally one bought for me by Jane from JK. The fit was ok ish, it's held on by a roll pin, which didn't want to come out of the original handle, and fitting it on was a bit tricky but I achieved this by pressing it in with a pair of mole grips and some protective packing.
Back to top Go down
thesplitsombrero

thesplitsombrero

PostSubject: Re: At last The boy has landed!   At last The boy has landed! EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 7:48 am

Thanks Paul, the toppers are great and when we get the Audio set up sorted it may well be on the shopping list Very Happy
Back to top Go down
thesplitsombrero

thesplitsombrero

PostSubject: Transformation part Deux   At last The boy has landed! EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 7:59 am

At last The boy has landed! IMG_8424

The flooring went in next which was an ok job, I had done this with my split so wasn't too phased by it. The bed was a flat pack kit from http://www.volkswares.co.uk/# and was quite straight forwrd to fit all you need to buy extra are the floor/bulkhead mounting bolts. The instructuions were easy to follow and if you are having problems they are very helpfull indeed. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
thesplitsombrero

thesplitsombrero

PostSubject: Re: At last The boy has landed!   At last The boy has landed! EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 8:07 am

At last The boy has landed! IMG_8425

I don't know how many of you have fitted your own covers, but bifocal, it was a nightmare Mad . The first one took me over three hours to do, with blood, sweat and a lot of naughty words being uttered, the second one was a bit better at just over an hour and a half, the problem was this interior was made for a 2004 Braz which has a different seat I believe. This meant that the seat squab joining wires were not the same so the fit isn't 100% but it still looks ok. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
thesplitsombrero

thesplitsombrero

PostSubject: Re: At last The boy has landed!   At last The boy has landed! EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 8:18 am

At last The boy has landed! IMG_8428

We sourced the foam locally, which worked out nearly half the price quoted on the ebay sites, and fitted the covers. I used Thin ply and staples for this, but as the interior was second hand there are a couple of extra holes. The other problem we had, was the fact that the bed that this set was made for, was different to the one we bought, however a phone call to Guy at west country trimmers and a day in Bovey Tracey sorted it out. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
thesplitsombrero

thesplitsombrero

PostSubject: Re: At last The boy has landed!   At last The boy has landed! EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 8:26 am

At last The boy has landed! IMG_8426
That's about it so far the next thing will be getting the Audio and split charge sorted and as I'm pants with electrical stuff that will have to wait untill i find a man who can. Then a nice spare wheel cover, front board for the bed, a cabinet or two and a nice steering wheel and we're set Laughing strewth! But the Skipper is at the helm so keep em peeled for Cap'n Jack on a road/campsite near you this Summer Haa Harrr me Hearties pirat
Back to top Go down
dizzylizard

dizzylizard

Cabin : Exec 018

PostSubject: Re: At last The boy has landed!   At last The boy has landed! EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 2:49 pm

Cracking job! You've given me the impetus to get going with Dizzys door cards, just hoping weather warms up soon. Laughing
Back to top Go down
kiteman

kiteman

Cabin : Exec 002

PostSubject: Re: At last The boy has landed!   At last The boy has landed! EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 3:31 pm

Coming on a treat. Cap'n Jack looks eager to set sail

At last The boy has landed! Img_4810

Ginger man without a ginger van  sunny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: At last The boy has landed!   At last The boy has landed! Empty

Back to top Go down

At last The boy has landed!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
brazilianvwbay.com :: The Usual Stuff :: Your Brazilian VW Bay-
Jump to: