brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Driving a LHD bay

Go down 
+10
dartmoor
jj123vw
poddy
Baydreamer
jboa
eddy
dazdub
billyelaine
TimV
Malcolm Eales
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

Driving a LHD bay - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Driving a LHD bay   Driving a LHD bay - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 7:57 pm

jboa wrote:
chairboy_paul wrote:
you are all mad men! 55 and im s****** my pants!
Took mine off the clock the other week, didn't realise until I looked at the speedo, nice smooth French road.

Ah ... you must have the same "flux capacitor" option on your Bay as me. Cool

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Driving a LHD bay - Page 2 Melogo11
Back to top Go down
chairboy_paul

chairboy_paul

Cabin : Economy

PostSubject: Re: Driving a LHD bay   Driving a LHD bay - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 8:02 pm

I need to get my van checked out, it obviously isnt safe to drive!! maybe Im just of a nervious disposition. Those of you with aircooled engines must have bleeding ears after hitting those speeds!

P.S. get Albert back from the windows installer this week after a long wait.... take it from me dont convert a panel van just not worth the agro!! watch this space for some picture updates.
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Driving a LHD bay   Driving a LHD bay - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 8:07 pm

Hey chairboy, it will be worth it because you're making your Bay "yours." Also it makes for an interesting bit of history to your Bay and makes this site richer for hearing about your experience doing it.

On the other point, why do you feel nervous about speed in your Bay? Is it displaying some symptom that causes you concern? If so what?

________________________________________________________________________________
@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
chairboy_paul

chairboy_paul

Cabin : Economy

PostSubject: Re: Driving a LHD bay   Driving a LHD bay - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 8:28 pm

Hi tim. Only joking really, but must admit I tend to keep around 60 on motorways due to sway and high revving, hitting 70 plus the engine must be screaming! I have a bit of play in the steering but not bad, I will be fitting some guages soon but on those motorway runs I do worry about cooking the engine, rear end gets really hot, I noted the previous post about hot bumpers with interest, bottom line Ive only had the van a short while so still feeling my way around it

Re the windows, still pleased I've done it, people go on about preserving the vans, if it was an early bay I wouldn't do it but I like to look out when I'm laying in bed!

Will post pictures elsewhere when van is back, got all the interior sitting in the garage waiting to go in so will be very different from the usual when done, watch this space!
Have a great time at van fest, would be there but jetting off on hols.
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Driving a LHD bay   Driving a LHD bay - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 8:36 pm

I suspect because you have a panel van that the noise factor is much greater when you are at speed. Once you've got all your camper kit in there I'm sure it'll seem much quieter. I can certainly recommend the fitting of an oil temp gauge along with a sump plug sender. Also consider using a semi-synthetic oil as it protects the engine better at higher running temperatures.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
Andy

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: Driving a LHD bay   Driving a LHD bay - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 8:46 pm

Quote :
Those of you with aircooled engines must have bleeding ears after hitting those speeds!

I too have a bare Air Cooled Panel Van, and at anything over 55Mph I cant hear the stereo, and above 60Mph I cant hear the wife! (so its not all bad!)

I had never driven anything LHD before this, and was a bit worried as to how I would get on, but had absolutely no problems at all.

The only thing I have trouble with is when coming out of a slip road sometimes the angle isn't quite right and the mirrors are useless, and go to look over my right shoulder and all I can see is the inside of the sliding door, but this is obviously only a problem to panel vans.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Driving a LHD bay   Driving a LHD bay - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Driving a LHD bay
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
brazilianvwbay.com :: The Usual Stuff :: General Discussion-
Jump to: