brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Back From The F1

Go down 
+5
Scooby
kiteman
Kev
TimV
pastymaster
9 posters
AuthorMessage
pastymaster

pastymaster

Cabin : Club

Back From The F1 Empty
PostSubject: Back From The F1   Back From The F1 EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 10:05 pm

I know its not everyones cup of tea but we had a great trip out to the F1 at Silverstone last weekend. It's the first time we've been out in the van this year so it was really nice to be out and about again.

I forgot just how much attention you got Shocked Laughing

Here is a few pics of us camped up. The wind was shocking when we put the awning up, but that didn't matter when the beer got going. We were camped up at the Silverstone Woodlands site for those interested.

Back From The F1 P7070008-1

Back From The F1 P7070006

Back From The F1 P7079999

Back From The F1 IMG_0822

Back From The F1 P7100858

Here are a few general ones of the site:

Back From The F1 P7070022

Back From The F1 IMG_0818

Back From The F1 IMG_0815

Back From The F1 IMG_0824

Some random ones of the event:

Back From The F1 P7100451-1

Back From The F1 P7100606-1

Back From The F1 P7090338-1

Back From The F1 P7090242-1

Back From The F1 P7090297

Back From The F1 P7090290-1

Back From The F1 P7090255-1

Back From The F1 P7090194-1

Back From The F1 P7100676-1

Back From The F1 P7100635-1

Back From The F1 P7100783-1

Back From The F1 P7100800-1

Very Happy

________________________________________________________________________________

pastymaster

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/pastymaster
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

Back From The F1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back From The F1   Back From The F1 EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 10:26 pm

Lovely shots. Thanks for sharing pastymaster.

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Back From The F1 Melogo11
Back to top Go down
Kev

Kev

Cabin : Economy

Back From The F1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back From The F1   Back From The F1 EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 8:12 am

Great shots Pastymaster, you had a great position at the race. So how many times did you have to get the Red Arrows to go by to get that perfect shot inline with the fab new pit complex.. Wink

Campsite looks better than I expected it to, seemed to be a reasonable amount of space, Le Mans you really are on top of each other!

Thanks for posting.

2006 Air-Cooled Duby
Back to top Go down
kiteman

kiteman

Cabin : Exec 002

Back From The F1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back From The F1   Back From The F1 EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 10:56 am

Not a big F1 fan but went to Silverstone a few years ago to watch it. Was amazed at how fast the cars went round corners. It's like they're on rails or something.

The Red Arrows were just unreal. Their formation flying is so precise and graceful, it's a thing of beauty to watch. Those boys know how to fly planes.

Did they have the Heli display with the apachie that does the loop?

Back From The F1 Img_4810

Ginger man without a ginger van  sunny
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

Back From The F1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back From The F1   Back From The F1 EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 12:34 pm

Cool pics - especially the Red Arrows shot Cool
Glad you enjoyed your 1st trip this year in the camper Shocked
You really must get out more Wink

Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
geoff&rach

geoff&rach

Back From The F1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back From The F1   Back From The F1 EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 7:36 pm

great pics
Back to top Go down
pastymaster

pastymaster

Back From The F1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back From The F1   Back From The F1 EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 9:56 pm

TimV wrote:
Lovely shots. Thanks for sharing pastymaster.

Thanks Tim Very Happy

Kev wrote:
Great shots Pastymaster, you had a great position at the race. So how many times did you have to get the Red Arrows to go by to get that perfect shot inline with the fab new pit complex.. Wink

Campsite looks better than I expected it to, seemed to be a reasonable amount of space, Le Mans you really are on top of each other!

Thanks for posting.

I had a feeling they would do a fly past of the new wing, but it was pure pot luck really Laughing. I have to say though, its one of the best photos I think I've ever taken Very Happy

The camping at Woodlands is spot on. We've always had loads of room for setting up. The toilets were always clean and the showers perfect! Not bad for £45 each for an event like that (although its going up to £60 next year).

I've never been to Le Mans. That is certainly one for the future Cool

kiteman wrote:
Not a big F1 fan but went to Silverstone a few years ago to watch it. Was amazed at how fast the cars went round corners. It's like they're on rails or something.

The Red Arrows were just unreal. Their formation flying is so precise and graceful, it's a thing of beauty to watch. Those boys know how to fly planes.

Did they have the Heli display with the apachie that does the loop?

They are amazing cars! I just love the fast racing, its all my dad's fault Laughing

They did have the helicopter display on the Saturday, although for some reason I can't remember seeing it??? Shocked I must be losing my marbles Laughing I think I must have been at the toilets or something. (I have seen them before in past years though).

They had the Red Devils on Friday, they had to jump early though as the weather was so bad.

Scooby wrote:
Cool pics - especially the Red Arrows shot Cool
Glad you enjoyed your 1st trip this year in the camper Shocked
You really must get out more Wink

Thanks Scooby. You're not wrong about needing to get out more. I loved being back out in the van! Bring on more holidays Very Happy

geoff&rach wrote:
great pics

Thanks geoff&rach Very Happy

pastymaster

Back to top Go down
Dilly

Dilly

Back From The F1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back From The F1   Back From The F1 EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 8:41 pm

I'm so jelous!!!!! Great pics though. The GP is on my list of things to do.

Dilly
Back to top Go down
pastymaster

pastymaster

Back From The F1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back From The F1   Back From The F1 EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 9:38 pm

Thanks Dilly. It is a great event, something you should definitely do if you get the chance Smile

pastymaster

Back to top Go down
Kev

Kev

Back From The F1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back From The F1   Back From The F1 EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 9:43 am

Hi PastyMaster,

Thinking about going to Woodlands camp site for the F1 this year assuming they have space. How does it work, do you get allocated a pitch or do you pre book then just rock up and pick your own? If so any advice where best places are?

I notice you had a great pitch last year, you are featured on the camp web site !!!

http://www.silverstonewoodlands.co.uk/content/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/bigtop-montage.jpg

Best Kev

2006 Air-Cooled Duby
Back to top Go down
michel_bonn

michel_bonn

Back From The F1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back From The F1   Back From The F1 EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 10:45 am

great pictures. but what kind of bierbottles do you have in the van? lol

http://www.t2-c.de
Back to top Go down
http://www.t2-c.de
pastymaster

pastymaster

Back From The F1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back From The F1   Back From The F1 EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 8:14 pm

Kev wrote:
Hi PastyMaster,

Thinking about going to Woodlands camp site for the F1 this year assuming they have space. How does it work, do you get allocated a pitch or do you pre book then just rock up and pick your own? If so any advice where best places are?

I notice you had a great pitch last year, you are featured on the camp web site !!!

http://www.silverstonewoodlands.co.uk/content/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/bigtop-montage.jpg

Best Kev

Hi Kev,

When you pick your tickets (there's loads of places sold out so get in quick affraid) you can then pick the option to buy camping tickets (although I've just had a look and it's not allowing you to pick them at the moment, I'd give them a call if I was you, the website can be a bit poor at times).

They'll then give you the option of lively or quiet camping.

We we're in the lively camping, although it's certainly not lively compared to music festivals Laughing.

The pitches aren't pre-selected, so it's a first come first served basis. If you want and electric hookup you'll have to get there and queue up for the site to open first thing on Wednesday morning.

We're never that fussed on electric though so we just turn up and see what looks best. We got there on the Thursday morning and there was plenty of places to choose from so we picked the place in the photo (great spot, I'll have to save that one). It really starts filling up by Thursday night as people are arriving constantly through the day. There will always be space if you've paid, but you might end up on one of the far fields.

We stopped around here:

Back From The F1 Site-map-600x628

It was right at the end of the rubble road for walking into the circuit, as well as close (but not too close) to the toilets, showers and entertainment tent.

I can't express how much better camping was here compared to other places we've stopped and heard about. It's certainly worth the money (cheaper than others too!) as it's a stones throw from the track, and the facilities are second to none.

It doesn't say its sold out on there website so get on the phone Very Happy

If you do get tickets you'll have to come and pitch up by us Cool

Back to top Go down
pastymaster

pastymaster

Back From The F1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back From The F1   Back From The F1 EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 8:18 pm

michel_bonn wrote:
great pictures. but what kind of bierbottles do you have in the van? lol

Laughing

We got through a fair few beers that weekend.

Did you mean the Brothers Cider? See here.

It's an insane drink. Really strong cider at 7%. You only need a few before you start to sway Very Happy

It was made for Glastonbury festival so that explains it all Laughing
Back to top Go down
thesplitsombrero

thesplitsombrero

Back From The F1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back From The F1   Back From The F1 EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 8:39 pm

Pasty brilliant phots mate looked like a cracking weekend, as for the Zider you know it makes sense drunken
Back to top Go down
pastymaster

pastymaster

Back From The F1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back From The F1   Back From The F1 EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 8:45 pm

Laughing

Cheers bud Very Happy

pastymaster

Back to top Go down
Kev

Kev

Back From The F1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back From The F1   Back From The F1 EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 4:24 pm

Hi Pastymaster,

Appreciate the info, the website isn't allowing bookings but i called and it should be working agian tomorrow so I will book online then. Will let you know when the deed is done.

Cheers Kev

2006 Air-Cooled Duby
Back to top Go down
pastymaster

pastymaster

Back From The F1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back From The F1   Back From The F1 EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 8:26 pm

Excellent stuff! We will definitely have to meet up for a beer drunken
Back to top Go down
Kev

Kev

Back From The F1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back From The F1   Back From The F1 EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 8:49 pm

For sure, I'll make sure the fridge is stocked with Tins..will try and book it first thing when the web site works again...

2006 Air-Cooled Duby
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Back From The F1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back From The F1   Back From The F1 Empty

Back to top Go down

Back From The F1
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
brazilianvwbay.com :: The Usual Stuff :: Gallery-
Jump to: