brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Waving Etiquette

Go down 
+10
jj123vw
Ian Mac
Matt
eddy
kiteman
Captain Haddock
Tallulah
Scooby
pastymaster
Blue Seagull
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Blue Seagull

Cabin : Club

Waving Etiquette Empty
PostSubject: Waving Etiquette   Waving Etiquette EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 9:42 pm

After a year of owning a Brazilian-built T2, one of the most intriguing things to get used to has been waving at people who own VWs of various types.

I'd been told in advance of getting ours that it's polite (and good fun) to wave at T2s...... but also that there's debate among the T2 owners as to whether you should wave at the later generation T25s, and even that some T2 owners have their reservations about acknowledging the Brazilian versions.

In practice, I wave at all of the above, and have also found that Beetle owners seem to like to wave at us as well.

What are other people's experiences?

CHRIS
Back to top Go down
pastymaster

pastymaster

Waving Etiquette Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waving Etiquette   Waving Etiquette EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 9:48 pm

We wave at them all, most of the vans that we drive past are already waving before we see them Laughing

If we're lucky we get an occasional flash Wink

________________________________________________________________________________

pastymaster

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/pastymaster
Scooby

Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

Waving Etiquette Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waving Etiquette   Waving Etiquette EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 9:56 pm

We also wave at everyone - campers and beetles
Most seem to wave back Cool

________________________________________________________________________________
Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Tallulah

Cabin : Flight 011

Waving Etiquette Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waving Etiquette   Waving Etiquette EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 10:09 pm

Wave at everyone, double flash t2s.

Simples.

www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Twitter: @AlpineGrove
Facebook: facebook.com/alpinegrovetouringpark
                                                      Former owners of the amazing Tallulah (2011 to 2021)
Proud winners of Spikes Trophy, 2016.
Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
http://www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Captain Haddock

Captain Haddock

Waving Etiquette Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waving Etiquette   Waving Etiquette EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 10:11 pm

Here is the Team Madge policy -

T4 and T5s - no wave.

T25 - wave returned if received.

Splitty / Beetle / T2 - wave like bonkers immediatley on sighting.
Back to top Go down
kiteman

kiteman

Cabin : Exec 002

Waving Etiquette Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waving Etiquette   Waving Etiquette EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 10:14 pm

Wave at everyone. Even T5's, as long as they look like they've been modified.

Waving Etiquette Img_4810

Ginger man without a ginger van  sunny
Back to top Go down
eddy

eddy

Cabin : Exec 014

Waving Etiquette Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waving Etiquette   Waving Etiquette EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 10:57 pm

Brazilian wave.....the new Mexican wave Laughing
Back to top Go down
Matt

Matt

Waving Etiquette Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waving Etiquette   Waving Etiquette EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 8:20 am

T2, T2.5, and beetles get an automatic wave, T4's and 5's get an occassional wave depending on the look of them.
Brazilians, we wave, flash, honk, stop and dance on the roof, exchange hugs and kisses, put the kettle on, have a ciggie, sigh and then carry on.

Matt.

Waving Etiquette Img_2014
Back to top Go down
Ian Mac

Ian Mac

Waving Etiquette Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waving Etiquette   Waving Etiquette EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 8:55 am

I think it started as mutual recognition (and huddling together agaainst criticism) for VW owners so close to the end of ww2, and has survived into a welcome source of friendly driving. We get waved at by almost anything. I can only assume a lot of people used to own Beetles, Type 2s etc. We wave at anybody.
Back to top Go down
jj123vw

jj123vw

Cabin : Business

Waving Etiquette Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waving Etiquette   Waving Etiquette EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 9:28 am

I wave and all models and usually get a wave back
Back to top Go down
http://www.danburymotorcaravans.com
Skooby

Skooby

Cabin : Exec 046

Waving Etiquette Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waving Etiquette   Waving Etiquette EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 1:42 pm

What is the correct way to acknowledge an older t2 asyou overtake them at 70 on the motorway. I always have a slight feeling of guilt.
Back to top Go down
yabbit

yabbit

Waving Etiquette Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waving Etiquette   Waving Etiquette EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 5:12 am

Since we started driving Adie, we have found we get flashed and waved at by T2's young and old, beatles, people in "normal" cars, schoolchildren and adults. We happily wave back, wave on sight at T2's. Then we stop! We can't park in a car park, with a door or window open without answering questions and conducting tours, It's like having borrowed celebrity status.

We knew the T2 campervan was a "cult" vehicle and had its fans, but we have been surprised and delighted to discover the community we joined when we bought our Adie.
Back to top Go down
absquatulation

absquatulation

Waving Etiquette Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waving Etiquette   Waving Etiquette EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 8:50 am

Err, I wave at everything.... But in my defence I have spent a number of years inside Shelton Hospital, and not as an employee of the mental health trust.

I have to watch out incase the men in white coats* come for me again.

*They don't wear white coats anymore - they're harder to spot now.
Back to top Go down
Andy

Waving Etiquette Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waving Etiquette   Waving Etiquette EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 10:38 pm

I am sure I get more waves off older vans now I have shiney mirrors, and a old bay grille on there, as with all the rust on there too they just assume its an old bay.

I have actually had it once where someone in a old bay went to wave, realised it was a brazilian, and then stopped!
Back to top Go down
jj123vw

jj123vw

Cabin : Business

Waving Etiquette Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waving Etiquette   Waving Etiquette EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 11:48 am

I think its all down to the drivers not the model of campervan or year. I always wave and 99% of the time get a wave or light flash back Very Happy Most people that are in the scene love to say hello to other like minded folk
Back to top Go down
http://www.danburymotorcaravans.com
Sponsored content

Waving Etiquette Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waving Etiquette   Waving Etiquette Empty

Back to top Go down

Waving Etiquette
Page 1 of 1