brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Will I fit

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Jack Jones

Cabin : Economy

Will I fit Empty
PostSubject: Will I fit   Will I fit EmptyMon May 10, 2010 9:55 pm

Hello ,
I am thinking of buying a Brazilian Bay. I am 6'3" will I fit, or am I too tall?
Back to top Go down
olive

olive

Cabin : Club

Will I fit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will I fit   Will I fit EmptyMon May 10, 2010 10:21 pm

Jack Jones wrote:
Hello ,
I am thinking of buying a Brazilian Bay. I am 6'3" will I fit, or am I too tall?

Na, you should be fine, I am 6' and there is plenty headroom when you drive, you can slide the seat right back and tilt the back rest back slightly. One thing to consider is what type of bed.... 3/4 or full width? I have a full width as it makes it a lot more comfortable when me and my missus cuddles up @ night, with the 3/4 you lose about 250-300mm due to the cupboards. You will need to creep right up to the top of the bed against the rear door and you may find your feet may hang off about an inch. You will also be ok when the roof is raised and you should be able to stand fully upright and not bang your head. If I can give you any advice if you are buying new try out VW Downunder, Paul is a real good honest guy and he will tell you exacvtly how it is. I bought from Danbury and met VW Downunder after I purchased..........it was one of those hindsight moments if you know what I mean.

Good luck
Back to top Go down
Jack Jones

Will I fit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will I fit   Will I fit EmptyMon May 10, 2010 10:37 pm

olive wrote:
Jack Jones wrote:
Hello ,

Na, you should be fine, I am 6' and there is plenty headroom when you drive, you can slide the seat right back and tilt the back rest back slightly. One thing to consider is what type of bed.... 3/4 or full width? I have a full width as it makes it a lot more comfortable when me and my missus cuddles up @ night, with the 3/4 you lose about 250-300mm due to the cupboards. You will need to creep right up to the top of the bed against the rear door and you may find your feet may hang off about an inch. You will also be ok when the roof is raised and you should be able to stand fully upright and not bang your head. If I can give you any advice if you are buying new try out VW Downunder, Paul is a real good honest guy and he will tell you exacvtly how it is. I bought from Danbury and met VW Downunder after I purchased..........it was one of those hindsight moments if you know what I mean.

Good luck

Thanks, Thinking of getting a van then kitting out , it won't be brand new can't stretch to that . Just got to convince the wife to sell our VwT4 Dehler.
Back to top Go down
Matt

Matt

Will I fit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will I fit   Will I fit EmptyTue May 11, 2010 2:18 am

Hello Jack
i'm 6'2" and have no problem sat or moving round the van with top up. Have the 3/4 bed which my feet slightly hang over the end of, which i dont find a problem. You could always get a buddy seat and move it to the end of the bed to lengthen it, the buddy seat is only a fraction lower than the bed.
Back to top Go down
Jack Jones

Will I fit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will I fit   Will I fit EmptyTue May 11, 2010 8:21 am

Cheers for the advice, All I have got to do is convince the wife it's a good idea. Wish me luck
Back to top Go down
Bloke_Off_The_Internet

Bloke_Off_The_Internet

Will I fit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will I fit   Will I fit EmptyWed May 12, 2010 10:13 am

Wow, tall folks love Brazilian bays.

I'm 6ft 4in. FWIW, I found the lack of legroom in the driver's seat took a little getting used to -- have to loosen laces to avoid a dead foot -- but did get used to it after a couple of trips out and don't even notice it now. (I believe the 'captain's chair' thingy may provide a little more legroom, but we like the buddy seat too much to get rid).

Also find the bay window itself is slightly lower than eye level, but not uncomfortably so.

Test drive is the answer. Even better, I'm sure the other folks here will have some camper van hire firm recommendations. That may handle the missus-persuasion bit too.
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

Will I fit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will I fit   Will I fit EmptyWed May 12, 2010 10:48 am

Bloke_Off_The_Internet wrote:
(I believe the 'captain's chair' thingy may provide a little more legroom,

I can't speak with authority... but I have a feeling the swivel base raises the seat squab so what you gain in legroom you may lose in headroom.

Anyone out there got a swively driver's seat to confirm?

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Will I fit Melogo11
Back to top Go down
Jack Jones

Will I fit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will I fit   Will I fit EmptyTue May 18, 2010 6:14 pm

Yeah, I really want too. Just need to convince the wife.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Will I fit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will I fit   Will I fit Empty

Back to top Go down

Will I fit
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
brazilianvwbay.com :: The Usual Stuff :: General Discussion-
Jump to: