brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Interior questions!

Go down 
+2
dizzylizard
Catface
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Catface

Cabin : Club

Interior questions!  Empty
PostSubject: Interior questions!    Interior questions!  EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 4:25 pm

Hi All, thanks for the warm welcome the other day.

The van is from Danbury and it's new to us but had one previous owner . Its a bright blue one they are calling 'baby blue'. It's got blacked out windows which I'm really not that keen on and it is a Diamond layout. Don't know if it has been a member here before or not.
We are having it lowered a bit and some spoke alloys - I say we but it is my other half's choice to go all boy racer to match the windows Rolling Eyes .
I have opted for the heater to be installed so we can use it year round and I have got to make some curtains and the roof bed . I'll leave the size of the bed boards as Tim suggested until last but any ideas on curtain sizes would help loads.

Also can anyone tell me how thick the roof mattress should be and does it roll up or is it in bits - which work best as I can make it whichever way!
We don't yet have the van so I just want to get ready for it so we can go off into the great yonder the very next day!

One more interior question - does anyone have carpet inside on the walls ? It's just that our old T2 was fully carpeted in proper 70's style and quite cosy too as no bare metal or panels to touch.

All ideas / advice at this stage about anything very welcome!
Back to top Go down
dizzylizard

dizzylizard

Cabin : Exec 018

PostSubject: Re: Interior questions!    Interior questions!  EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 4:33 pm

Hi and welcome Catface, sorry I can't help with specifics, but if you use the search tab at the top for curtains, or insulation, there should be something of interest.

Enjoy your new aquisition. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kiteman

kiteman

Cabin : Exec 002

PostSubject: Re: Interior questions!    Interior questions!  EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 4:44 pm

My matteress is only about an inch thick with a seam in the middle so it can fold in half when not being used. I used to store it on top of the bed boards when not in use. Which also stopped the board sliding backwards and forwards when driving.

The metalwork inside at the back of mine has been covered with felt. All I did was get some felt from ebay then spray adhesive the metalwork and stick the it up. worked a treat

________________________________________________________________________________
Interior questions!  Img_4810

Ginger man without a ginger van  sunny
Back to top Go down
Catface

PostSubject: Re: Interior questions!    Interior questions!  EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 8:01 pm

Hi Kiteman,

is it comfy ? I can see thinner is useful for storage but to lay on - is it really firm? ( that sounds so wrong I'm sorry!) does it need to be thicker - Oh God it's just worse now . Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Tallulah

Cabin : Flight 011

PostSubject: Re: Interior questions!    Interior questions!  EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 8:32 pm

Without intending to continue the innuendo, where are you based? Maybe you could arrange to visit someone close by and see exactly what they have.

________________________________________________________________________________
www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Twitter: @AlpineGrove
Facebook: facebook.com/alpinegrovetouringpark
                                                      Former owners of the amazing Tallulah (2011 to 2021)
Proud winners of Spikes Trophy, 2016.
Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
http://www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
kiteman

kiteman

Cabin : Exec 002

PostSubject: Re: Interior questions!    Interior questions!  EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 8:43 pm

Can't help you with that I'm afraid. Don't use mine to sleep in the roof. I lay it on top of the bed and sleep on that for extra comfort.

Interior questions!  Img_4810

Ginger man without a ginger van  sunny
Back to top Go down
JLS 62

JLS 62

Location : Leicester - the centre of the world - sorry England

PostSubject: Re: Interior questions!    Interior questions!  EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 11:02 pm

Hi Catface - welcome to the site. We have boards in the roof which we use for our children aged 6 and 5. Not sure if we are bringing them up in a hardy manner but we don't have a mattress - we put an old duvet down and then they have their sleeping bags. They've never complained about being uncomfortable.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Interior questions!    Interior questions!  EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 8:50 am

hi ,try raskelf memory foam mattress,very good ,done in dif thickness so you can choose ,also they will cut to your size
Back to top Go down
Catface

PostSubject: Re: Interior questions!    Interior questions!  EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 9:30 am

I am very sorry for the poor jokes I am not like that at all usually , I think its just that ' Carry On Camping' is seared into my brain ... Well buying foam and board and covering it will save about 300 quid from Danbury list price which is very cool with all your help - wont be as pretty but it will do! I'm thinking of a memory foam overlay for the big bed too.
Back to top Go down
irishman

irishman

Cabin : Exec 003

PostSubject: Re: Interior questions!    Interior questions!  EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 4:58 pm

We have a mattress, but often use a self inflating camping sleep mat instead, my son prefers it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Interior questions!    Interior questions!  EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 10:28 pm

yep def go for memory foam overlay mattress ,we have one about 70mm and it rolls up behind seat and very comfy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interior questions!    Interior questions!  Empty

Back to top Go down

Interior questions!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
brazilianvwbay.com :: The Usual Stuff :: General Discussion-
Jump to: