brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

George Clarke's Amazing Spaces

Go down 
+3
dizzylizard
harryhornet
MarcusH
7 posters
AuthorMessage
MarcusH

MarcusH

Cabin : Exec 031

George Clarke's Amazing Spaces Empty
PostSubject: George Clarke's Amazing Spaces   George Clarke's Amazing Spaces EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 9:46 pm

Watched a program tonight on Channel 4 called George Clarke's amazing Spaces. There was a bit about VW campers and showed vans from Bug Jam. No Brazis though. Good programme and well worth a watch. Catch it on again on Thursday on 4seven at 7.0pm if you have sky or on t'internet.
Back to top Go down
harryhornet

harryhornet

Cabin : Exec 027

PostSubject: Re: George Clarke's Amazing Spaces   George Clarke's Amazing Spaces EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 10:26 pm

Great programme. Loved the couple with their splitty. They certainly embraced the campervan life style. George does need a lesson in how to use a rock and roll bed though!
Back to top Go down
MarcusH

MarcusH

PostSubject: Re: George Clarke's Amazing Spaces   George Clarke's Amazing Spaces EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 10:52 pm

I thought that too - like sleeping on the side of a hill. When it went back into the van though they had fixed it flat.
The programme is like Grand designs for caravans and sheds
Back to top Go down
dizzylizard

dizzylizard

Cabin : Exec 018

PostSubject: Re: George Clarke's Amazing Spaces   George Clarke's Amazing Spaces EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 2:37 pm

I liked the way they showed how the Romany caravans were designed to fit, 'stretch your arms out sideways mate, thats how big we will build it'.

Just tried it with Dizzy, and she's 9" shy of a gypsy caravan, don't want to tempt fate, but I just need a horse to tow her now.
Back to top Go down
beakyboy

beakyboy

Cabin : Flight 019

PostSubject: Re: George Clarke's Amazing Spaces   George Clarke's Amazing Spaces EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 5:25 pm

Got it on the Sky Planner , great series so far , will watch it tonight !

________________________________________________________________________________
Steve,  Jo  TigerLily and Carra the Child lovin' Golden Cocker  sunny
Back to top Go down
Dalesman

Dalesman

Cabin : Exec 009

PostSubject: Re: George Clarke's Amazing Spaces   George Clarke's Amazing Spaces EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 6:40 pm

Anyone tempted to take an angle grinder to the side of their Kombi to make a fold out deck like George? Come on MarcusH ifyou want to retain your trophy you'd better think big Laughing

________________________________________________________________________________
"You can check out any time you like but you can never leave"
Back to top Go down
MarcusH

MarcusH

PostSubject: Re: George Clarke's Amazing Spaces   George Clarke's Amazing Spaces EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 7:47 pm

My roof doesn't even open so I think the sides will be staying where they are for the time being.

Nearly bought my camper a friend in the shape of a micro caravan. It was well cool. I was goling to get it painted to match and have matching upholstery - bit sad I know but we are in limbo on the price and I'm too stubborn to increase my bid - so stalemate it is. Can't believe they are putting it in storage until next year for the sake of £200. Never mind there will be others
Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Tallulah

Cabin : Flight 011

PostSubject: Re: George Clarke's Amazing Spaces   George Clarke's Amazing Spaces EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 8:04 pm

Surely it will cost them more than £200 for storage, and even if it doesn't it will depreciate over another year....

www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Twitter: @AlpineGrove
Facebook: facebook.com/alpinegrovetouringpark
                                                      Former owners of the amazing Tallulah (2011 to 2021)
Proud winners of Spikes Trophy, 2016.
Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
http://www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
MarcusH

MarcusH

PostSubject: Re: George Clarke's Amazing Spaces   George Clarke's Amazing Spaces EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 8:25 pm

I suppose that selling a caravan now is not a good time to get a good price. I'm sure there is info somewhere into whether you are better getting rid or hanging onto until the weather picks up. Still can't believe their decision though. All said not increasing my offer
Back to top Go down
JLS 62

JLS 62

Cabin : Club
Location : Leicester - the centre of the world - sorry England

PostSubject: Re: George Clarke's Amazing Spaces   George Clarke's Amazing Spaces EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 8:45 pm

Hey Marcus - you are looking at this the wrong way. Because you have a tin top, you need to put in a drop down side. You wouldn't need any reinforcement whereas those who have pop tops would need to reinforce!!

Go on - you know you want to !! You certainly have plenty of time before the Sleepover.

x
Back to top Go down
MarcusH

MarcusH

PostSubject: Re: George Clarke's Amazing Spaces   George Clarke's Amazing Spaces EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 9:12 pm

Stop ganging up on me - lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: George Clarke's Amazing Spaces   George Clarke's Amazing Spaces Empty

Back to top Go down

George Clarke's Amazing Spaces
Page 1 of 1