brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

A fruitful evening out.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
dizzylizard

dizzylizard

Cabin : Exec 018

A fruitful evening out. Empty
PostSubject: A fruitful evening out.   A fruitful evening out. EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 3:42 pm

Last week I had a night out with a mate, and we got round to talking about campervans.

He suggested I go and have a chat with an old lifelong friend of his who restores VW,s in Trowbridge, Wilts.

I had never heard of the company, even though it is a couple of miles down the road, so I popped in today for a visit.

I'm glad I did, I have now found someone local who can do bodywork and welding, and looking at the work in progress, it is topnotch.

I'm going to get him to weld my tow hook on, and found out that the rear cross member under the engine hatch that is showing rust, does just unbolt, so I will be sorting that soon.

A fruitful evening out. Spare_11

As you can see in the photo, 'the splitscreen icecream co' was one of his projects and regularly appears at shows.

For anyone interested in the Wiltshire area, this is his website. (I swapped a Brazibay card with him, and he said he would be taking a look at the forum)

http://www.vwendangeredspecies.co.uk/
Back to top Go down
Sunny

Sunny

Cabin : Exec 050

PostSubject: Re: A fruitful evening out.   A fruitful evening out. EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 4:54 pm

Let me know how much he charges for welding on a tow hook Dizz
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

PostSubject: Re: A fruitful evening out.   A fruitful evening out. EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 4:55 pm

Hi Dizzy
They advertised in the Dub Aid 3 programme.
They also had a pic of the Split Screen Ice Cream Company vehicle (nice ice cream).
Sounds a good company.
Roo b Roo
flower
PS
Sorry you ended up going to the Dub Aid 3 location two weekends running without getting in Sad
Friday afternoon we spied the Lady of the House walking her four dogs - but we were not dressed for tea Smile

________________________________________________________________________________
Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

PostSubject: Re: A fruitful evening out.   A fruitful evening out. EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 5:00 pm

Sunny wrote:
Let me know how much he charges for welding on a tow hook Dizz

We were glad on Sunday that we had our tow point welded at the front last year Very Happy

It's worth considering it guys!

PS
Sorry you could not get in to Dub Aid 3 at the weekend

________________________________________________________________________________
Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
dizzylizard

dizzylizard

PostSubject: Re: A fruitful evening out.   A fruitful evening out. EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 5:12 pm

Will do Sunny, but it may be a few weeks yet.

Scooby wrote:
Hi Dizzy
They advertised in the Dub Aid 3 programme.
They also had a pic of the Split Screen Ice Cream Company vehicle (nice ice cream).
Sounds a good company.
Roo b Roo
flower
PS
Sorry you ended up going to the Dub Aid 3 location two weekends running without getting in Sad
Friday afternoon we spied the Lady of the House walking her four dogs - but we were not dressed for tea Smile

Yes he was a bit miffed, he was one of the sponsors, and even he couldn't get in on Saturday either. The Ice cream van is run by one of Jonathan Dimbleby's sons apparently.

Co-incidently, after going to Dyrham Park on Saturday, we had a Marshfield icecream, the farm is on the opposite side of the road.
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: A fruitful evening out.   A fruitful evening out. EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 6:36 pm

Yes The Splitscreen Ice Cream Co is run by Dan Dimbleby - friend of mine on Facebook and fellow worker in the broadcast industry.

Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

A fruitful evening out. Melogo11
Back to top Go down
dizzylizard

dizzylizard

PostSubject: Re: A fruitful evening out.   A fruitful evening out. EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 6:50 pm

Small world, Tim, a bit like seven degrees of separation (or is it six).

My mate is a lifelong pal of the the person who rebuilt a VW for a person who knows you, and you are the headman of a forum I'm on. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: A fruitful evening out.   A fruitful evening out. EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 8:30 pm

dizzylizard wrote:
Small world, Tim, a bit like seven degrees of separation (or is it six).

My mate is a lifelong pal of the the person who rebuilt a VW for a person who knows you, and you are the headman of a forum I'm on. Very Happy

The world is a circle (VW roundel) without any ending ....... Smile

Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

A fruitful evening out. Melogo11
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A fruitful evening out.   A fruitful evening out. Empty

Back to top Go down

A fruitful evening out.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
brazilianvwbay.com :: KOMBI Katalogue :: Brazilian Bay Services-