brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Front Indicator Seals

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

indicator seal - Front Indicator Seals Empty
PostSubject: Front Indicator Seals   indicator seal - Front Indicator Seals EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 1:35 pm

The factory seal on the front indicator units is not the greatest. Effectively it seals the lense to the indicator unit but it doesn't prevent water ingress between the unit itself and the body of the Bus. Hence it's a good idea to fit replacement rubber seals that go around the edge of the indicator unit.

The new seals are about £5 each from the usual suppliers.

indicator seal - Front Indicator Seals Ind_se10

I replaced mine today. Here's how its done:

Remove the lense and surround by undoing the screws.

You'll need to remove as much of the stuck on factory seal so that the new one fits snugly. I suggest you use a protective tape around the indicator unit to avoid scratching the paintwork.

indicator seal - Front Indicator Seals Ind_se11

Once you've got rid of the old seal use one of the screws to help you lift the indicator unit away from the Bus's body to fit the new seal. It's a good idea to warm the new seals in hot water first to make them more flexible. Gently pull the indicator unit as it's riveted to the Bus's body. Slip the new seal around the indicator unit until it sits uniformly.

indicator seal - Front Indicator Seals Ind_se12

Before refitting the lense and surround I've brushed some Waxoyl around the indicator recess - you can never have enough wax protection! Gently on tightening up those lense screws - too tight and you'll crack the lense - I speak from experience!

Now for the other lense!

indicator seal - Front Indicator Seals Ind_se13

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

indicator seal - Front Indicator Seals Melogo11
Back to top Go down
fat_pastor

fat_pastor

Cabin : Exec

PostSubject: Re: Front Indicator Seals   indicator seal - Front Indicator Seals EmptySun Jan 12, 2020 12:47 pm

hi Tim, thanks for the link, I've done all this but still leaky ☹
Back to top Go down
daveb101

daveb101

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: Front Indicator Seals   indicator seal - Front Indicator Seals EmptyMon Jan 13, 2020 11:50 am

I had this on mine, sitting them on a small bead of clear bath sealent helps. Not enough to splurge out the side but just enough to ensure a very good seal. Also I had similar on my van. Have you checked the windscreen wiper spindles? They are nearly directly above and may be dripping onto the indicator enclosure??
Back to top Go down
BigDubblya

BigDubblya

Cabin : Exec 041

PostSubject: Re: Front Indicator Seals   indicator seal - Front Indicator Seals EmptyTue Jan 14, 2020 9:11 pm

Vincent leaked from the windscreen wiper spindles – 2 new seals from JustKampers sorted it
Back to top Go down
fat_pastor

fat_pastor

Cabin : Exec

PostSubject: Re: Front Indicator Seals   indicator seal - Front Indicator Seals EmptyTue Jan 14, 2020 9:25 pm

daveb101 wrote:
I had this on mine, sitting them on a small bead of clear bath sealent helps.  Not enough to splurge out the side but just enough to ensure a very good seal.  Also I had similar on my van.  Have you checked the windscreen wiper spindles?  They are nearly directly above and may be dripping onto the indicator enclosure??  

Thanks, I've replaced the seals on the spindles too (note to self: need to deal with a bit rust there, if it ever stops raining!) I'll have a go at the sealant -
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Front Indicator Seals   indicator seal - Front Indicator Seals Empty

Back to top Go down

Front Indicator Seals
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
brazilianvwbay.com :: Maintenance/Technical :: Kombi Kreative-
Jump to: