brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

My Bay's Aircon's not working!

Go down 
+8
Matt
Baydreamer
jj123vw
Bloke_Off_The_Internet
dartmoor
irishman
kiteman
TimV
12 posters
AuthorMessage
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

seat - My Bay's Aircon's not working! Empty
PostSubject: My Bay's Aircon's not working!   seat - My Bay's Aircon's not working! EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 7:07 am

Can't seem to find the 'on' button for the a/c - any ideas??

Cool Wink Cool

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

seat - My Bay's Aircon's not working! Melogo11
Back to top Go down
kiteman

kiteman

Cabin : Exec 002

PostSubject: Re: My Bay's Aircon's not working!   seat - My Bay's Aircon's not working! EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 9:14 am

I think it's built into the window winder. When you turn the handle the cab cools down a bit Laughing
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: My Bay's Aircon's not working!   seat - My Bay's Aircon's not working! EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 9:27 am

Oh ok so am I right in thinking that the aircon gets more powerful the more you turn the handle? Hope so - can't get through a hot summer without the ac working!

lol!

________________________________________________________________________________
@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
irishman

irishman

Cabin : Exec 003

PostSubject: Re: My Bay's Aircon's not working!   seat - My Bay's Aircon's not working! EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 9:43 am

Surely to be cool, we just sit in the van with our shades on and a grin.......

Irishman
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: My Bay's Aircon's not working!   seat - My Bay's Aircon's not working! EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 9:57 am

irishman wrote:
Surely to be cool, we just sit in the van with our shades on and a grin.......

Irishman

I think you've hit the nail Irishman Smile

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
dartmoor

dartmoor

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: My Bay's Aircon's not working!   seat - My Bay's Aircon's not working! EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 10:24 am

Best aircon system - turn the small quarter front window right round - the air blasts right at you! Not sure if it helps fuel consumption though....
Back to top Go down
Bloke_Off_The_Internet

Bloke_Off_The_Internet

PostSubject: Re: My Bay's Aircon's not working!   seat - My Bay's Aircon's not working! EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 2:24 pm

Aircon is in the centre of the dashboard, below cruise control and right between the rev counter and temperature gauge. Least it is on mine. What a Face

Actually, there's a guy in the US who appears to have aircon in his South/Central American Kombi (see this thread).

So now there's power steering available, what's next? Aircon? Integral sat nav? Slimline salad dressing?
Back to top Go down
kiteman

kiteman

Cabin : Exec 002

PostSubject: Re: My Bay's Aircon's not working!   seat - My Bay's Aircon's not working! EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 8:58 pm

Bloke_Off_The_Internet wrote:

Actually, there's a guy in the US who appears to have aircon in his South/Central American Kombi (see this thread).

That cab area interior is totally different to the ones over here scratch scratch
Back to top Go down
Bloke_Off_The_Internet

Bloke_Off_The_Internet

PostSubject: Re: My Bay's Aircon's not working!   seat - My Bay's Aircon's not working! EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 3:37 pm

kiteman wrote:
That cab area interior is totally different to the ones over here scratch scratch

As one of the posters says, it may be an old Mexican rather than Brazilian. Anyone know more?
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: My Bay's Aircon's not working!   seat - My Bay's Aircon's not working! EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 7:18 pm

I just love the 3 seats up front. How useful would that be??!!

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
dartmoor

dartmoor

PostSubject: Re: My Bay's Aircon's not working!   seat - My Bay's Aircon's not working! EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 9:54 pm

The spec looks much higher than the Brazilian bus - must be one of the last Mexican ones?
Back to top Go down
jj123vw

jj123vw

Cabin : Business

PostSubject: Re: My Bay's Aircon's not working!   seat - My Bay's Aircon's not working! EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 11:57 am

Hi Guys - I dont know how that one got into the USA!? Weird spec too. Re the 3 seater front: You can order this as a factory option (in fact weve sold a few lately with a 3 seater front). Jason
www.danburymotorcaravans.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.danburymotorcaravans.com
Baydreamer

Baydreamer

PostSubject: Re: My Bay's Aircon's not working!   seat - My Bay's Aircon's not working! EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 12:09 pm

there is a tilt and turn bench seat featured in volksworld this month starting around £900 which doubles up as a sleeping area for a small child and the back lifts and turns over to enable you to face towards the rear. Its a space saver too. Might clash any units in terms of footroom but worth a look...
Back to top Go down
Matt

Matt

PostSubject: Re: My Bay's Aircon's not working!   seat - My Bay's Aircon's not working! EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 12:18 pm

I like the idea of a bench seat across the front, however i do like being able to walk through to the back, also i presume someone sat in the middle would hinder the gearstick

Matt.

seat - My Bay's Aircon's not working! Img_2014
Back to top Go down
Andy

PostSubject: Re: My Bay's Aircon's not working!   seat - My Bay's Aircon's not working! EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 10:18 pm

Quote :
also i presume someone sat in the middle would hinder the gearstick

Its a bit like this in any van with three seats up front...

In my T4 the person sitting in the middle had the choice of either pointing both legs towards the passenger side, or having to spread their legs so I could change gear between them!
Back to top Go down
Malcolm Eales

Malcolm Eales

Cabin : Economy

PostSubject: Middle seat   seat - My Bay's Aircon's not working! EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 6:40 am

Many moons ago I had to take a lot of other teachers out on a familiarisation drive in the new, automatic, school minibus. I sat in the middle seat with my right foot covering their left foot, to prevent us going through the windscreen if they involuntarily went for the missing clutch and hit the giant brake pedal! Quite a few also groped for the gear lever on my thigh affraid
Back to top Go down
http://malcolm@cheerful.com
stoneyuk

stoneyuk

PostSubject: Re: My Bay's Aircon's not working!   seat - My Bay's Aircon's not working! EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 10:50 pm

Eva has 3 seats across the front - wanted a walk-through at first but 3 seats is useful.
Back to top Go down
jj123vw

jj123vw

PostSubject: Re: My Bay's Aircon's not working!   seat - My Bay's Aircon's not working! EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 4:01 pm

Hi mhami. It is a lot of money (£2915 + vat inc parts and labour) but its also a lot of work and the development cost was massive and time consuming too......Its fantastic and I was just using it in our demo vehicle and can say that it works really well.
Back to top Go down
jj123vw

jj123vw

PostSubject: Re: My Bay's Aircon's not working!   seat - My Bay's Aircon's not working! EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 4:20 pm

Yes we often sell very high specification campers but everyone has their own idea of high spec, the look and the options fitted so each one is different.....Mid £30's to mid £40's is a great spec van but the model range starts at just £22500 inc taxes and vat. I love your profile pic of your camper...Very retro!
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: My Bay's Aircon's not working!   seat - My Bay's Aircon's not working! EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 5:52 pm

Haha. Bargain!!

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
olive

olive

PostSubject: Re: My Bay's Aircon's not working!   seat - My Bay's Aircon's not working! EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 9:37 pm

mhami wrote:
peppa wrote:
Was it "Pink"...? Wink
"that would be extra sir..." Very Happy

You bet it would
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Bay's Aircon's not working!   seat - My Bay's Aircon's not working! Empty

Back to top Go down

My Bay's Aircon's not working!
Page 1 of 1