brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Buddy Seat Install

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
kiteman

kiteman

Cabin : Exec 002

seat - Buddy Seat Install Empty
PostSubject: Buddy Seat Install   seat - Buddy Seat Install EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 7:01 pm

Fitted the buddy seat I got from Denni in today. By the way Den managed to get the potty in a treat Cool
Wanted it to be removable but also held secure when in the van. After a lot of messing around and about 1hr in B&Q looking for a solution, have come up with this.

Fitted some 15mm plastic tube behind the seat. put some spacers between the bulkhead and the tube. Think i need to paint it black, stands out quite a bit

seat - Buddy Seat Install Bar

Put some 15mm pipe clips to the back of the buddy seat

seat - Buddy Seat Install Clips

Put a securing clasp next to the sliding door to hold the seat in place.

seat - Buddy Seat Install Clasp

and on the other side put a small stopper on the floor to stop it sliding the other way. This is hidden by the mat that goes between the front seats.

seat - Buddy Seat Install Stopper

You then just push the buddy seat in place, close the clasp and bada bing cheers feels pretty secure don't think it will be going anywhere Very Happy

seat - Buddy Seat Install Together
seat - Buddy Seat Install Finished

________________________________________________________________________________
seat - Buddy Seat Install Img_4810

Ginger man without a ginger van  sunny
Back to top Go down
dartmoor

dartmoor

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: Buddy Seat Install   seat - Buddy Seat Install EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 8:50 pm

Wow - with your ventilation system and now the buddy seat - you should go into the conversion business! I did something lower tech with my buddy seat - I hated the idea of drilling through the floor - so I used industrial strength velco-on-steroids - so far the seat hasn't moved at all.
Back to top Go down
Matt

Matt

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: Buddy Seat Install   seat - Buddy Seat Install EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 10:12 pm

Danbury's just use a clip either side, which means the seat comes unhitched because it's able to move

________________________________________________________________________________
Matt.

seat - Buddy Seat Install Img_2014
Back to top Go down
Kev

Kev

Cabin : Economy

PostSubject: Re: Buddy Seat Install   seat - Buddy Seat Install EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 4:15 pm

Great Post. I have been pondering on this problem for my buddy box for some time, been using non slip mat but then the loo wont "slip out" when needed! This is a neat solution.

I like the use of the pipe clips, just want to check there is no patent?.. Very Happy

2006 Air-Cooled Duby
Back to top Go down
kiteman

kiteman

Cabin : Exec 002

PostSubject: Re: Buddy Seat Install   seat - Buddy Seat Install EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 10:24 pm

Patent free Very Happy Xmas has come early santa

Didn't think I'd be posting a santa smiley half way through the year.

seat - Buddy Seat Install Img_4810

Ginger man without a ginger van  sunny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Buddy Seat Install   seat - Buddy Seat Install Empty

Back to top Go down

Buddy Seat Install
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
brazilianvwbay.com :: Maintenance/Technical :: Kombi Kreative-
Jump to: